Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 15th bandsters

Hi all,

I'm having my band on 15th Jan. I love this place for all of your support, questions I never thought to ask, problems I didn't know existed etc.

2008 is going to be a better year for us all. I'm going to make the most of it and hope that at Christmas, my relatives don't recognise me! (The ones I see only once per year anyway!)

Good luck to everyone, lucky I don't have a pre-op diet to worry about - sorry for mentioning it!

Jen:whoo:

Hi Carol,

Yes, I am staying overnight. I may also be having a hernia repair, so may be more than one night.

Yeah, I am so rejoicing about no diet, but I have decided to go easy this week, starting to get used to not eating so much. Had an entree size meal last night, it wasn't too bad.

Keep in touch/pm me to let me know how you are going.

Jen

Hey....I am also on the 15th....in Mexico. Are you getting Nervous yet? I LUCKILY don't have to do the pre-op diet....but I am thinking I should do it anyway after reading Kalilah Ali's book. Her Dr.s said it is CRITICAL. Ahhhhhhh! Good luck to all of you!

Teresa

I'm on the 15th also. I'm planning on going home the same day. I don't have a pre-op diet to follow. I had my pre-op visit this past Monday. I am also having my ovaries removed at the same time. Good luck to All of us. Diane

I'm not getting nervous yet, I just can't wait to start my new life. I will probably get nervous as they wheel me into surgery, like I did when I had my gastroscopy last Monday. I know I've made the right choice.

Today is day 1 of 2 days of clear liquids. I thought the Optifast was boring, but at least I wasn't hungry, which I am now!!

Can't wait--I'm so anxious to have it done and get started on my new life. I've lost 9 lbs. on the preop diet. We were grocery shopping yesterday (I still have to cook for DH and DS and whoever else shows up) and saw salmon hotdogs for sale!! Anyone ever try those? I admit it was difficult seeing all the food--almost overwhelming--and not even the junk foods so much as the "regular" foods (mac and cheese, shrimp and Pasta, etc.) Sigh.............

Well, have to pack a small bag and shave my legs!! 2 more days for us fifteeners.

Carol

Now I'm getting nervous. I don't have a pre-op diet to follow, but when I'm nervous or upset I don't eat. I keep thinking what if this doesn't work? I am having surgery to loose weight, and what if it doesn't work. My Mother died of breast cancer at 49 years old, and she was still over weight at the time of her death. So what if, I am just supposed to be big. I weighed 150 all thru high school. I60's in my 20's, 170-180's in my 30's and now I've been 216 for the past 8 yrs. I will feel so stupid to go thru this and still be the same next year. Sorry for the downer posting. I need to vent and here seems a good place to. I hope we all do well next week. My husband said well maybe I'll do liquids with you next week. And I said then how about you do the surgery, and I loose weight. Please everyone, lets keep each other posted and supported in the coming months. Diane:eek:

Hi Diane,

I'm also feeling a little nervous now. I'm starting to realise that this is a life-time commitment - I had my last toasted sandwich yesterday! I know I'll probably never tolerate one once I am banded, which isn't a bad thing!

I have to stop reading the post op thread, it is making me more nervous - I realise everyone's recovery is different, but I just hope mine is easier than expected.

I too am afraid of failing. This is my last chance to really change my life for good. My mother-in-law doesn't seem to approve of my choice, she has been making some strange comments like "you'll probably have to have cosmetic surgery to remove all your lose skin". Well, even if I dieted in the traditional sense, I'd still have to do that!

Anyway, sorry for rambling, this thing has just heightened my emotional state and I'm feeling all emotions in a short period of time. I'm sure I will be fine, maybe a little paranoid!

Good luck, keep us all posted,

Jen

Hi Greeneyez,

I know Dr. Burpee is kindda funny for a GI doc. Don't worry about loose skin. If you have to have cosmetic surgery that means you lost all the weight you want to loose. I think because it's getting so close for us, we are just getting nervous. It is a life time committment, but I keep telling myself it will become a way of life and we won't even notice it after we live with it for awhile. I hope! Diane

Hi all you January bandits. I wish you all the best of luck. I have 10 day to go. I am scheduled for 1/21/ I am so ready to start my new life. Sandy

Hi Diane and Sandy,

I'm not worried about excess skin, but my MIL doesn't mind reminding me. I know I will have excess skin under my arms and I will have to deal with that. If I have to have cosmetic surgery, so be it, at least I will be healthy and happy with being the girl I was in high school. I can't wait!

Good luck Sandy,

Jen

HI jen, thanks for your reply, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. That is my birthday on that day. Hope all goes well for you.

thanks Jo