Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, Now I am Scared!

Got my second fill Wednesday. After my two days of liquids, I started to eat a little late this afternoon. I had some salad crackers, which have been easy for me to eat. Well, I got the pressure and stopped eating, but it kind of scares me. Let me explain...

I have had this band for a few months, have lost a good amount in my opinion, but guess what? I have not really followed all of the rules. Now I do not drink within 30 - 45 min. before and after eating, I get all my Protein in, watch my caloric intake and just started exercising... So what am I not doing???

I have still been able to eat fast, take big bites, chew too little, and swallow large bites of food. Well, I know with this fill I just received, I will not be able to do this any longer. I am so scared that I will forget and get stuck. I did really well at dinner, ate very slowly and all that, but I normally dont have time to concentrate on food (I am on vacation right now). I teach, and when I get back to work, I am not going to have the time that I have now and it scares me.

Oh well, I think I just needed to get that out.

For those of you still reading, thanks for indulging me. Tell me if you have had this same issue. I would love to hear anyone's feedback.

Dana:help:

Got my second fill Wednesday. After my two days of liquids, I started to eat a little late this afternoon. I had some salad crackers, which have been easy for me to eat. Well, I got the pressure and stopped eating, but it kind of scares me. Let me explain...

I have had this band for a few months, have lost a good amount in my opinion, but guess what? I have not really followed all of the rules. Now I do not drink within 30 - 45 min. before and after eating, I get all my Protein in, watch my caloric intake and just started exercising... So what am I not doing???

I have still been able to eat fast, take big bites, chew too little, and swallow large bites of food. Well, I know with this fill I just received, I will not be able to do this any longer. I am so scared that I will forget and get stuck. I did really well at dinner, ate very slowly and all that, but I normally dont have time to concentrate on food (I am on vacation right now). I teach, and when I get back to work, I am not going to have the time that I have now and it scares me.

Oh well, I think I just needed to get that out.

For those of you still reading, thanks for indulging me. Tell me if you have had this same issue. I would love to hear anyone's feedback.

Dana:help:

Dana I too am a teacher and I am a little worried since I got my last fill. However, if you find that it is taking too long, maybe you could spread the food out a little bit. I teach high school so I can eat during my prep period. However, if you don't have that time, maybe you could take some softer foods that you can eat a little quicker: refried Beans, pureed tuna fish and mayo, split pea Soup. That way you can eat a little faster and they should stay with you for a while. I know that I have had tuna or refried Beans for the last few days during lunch because I need to test how this is going to work when I go back to school on Monday, and I don't seem to get any hunger than I did with eating regular foods. Also, for the first few days I would take some things with you that are small and that you KNOW you can eat in case lunch doesn't go down as smoothly. I KNOW that you need a lot of energy to teach so maybe a little Peanut Butter or a Protein Drink or anything that will keep your body energized if you can't eat. That way you won't be worrying the entire morning that you aren't going to be able to finish your lunch. Believe me, for those of you who are not teachers, anything that adds additional stress to the job makes you feel like you are NOT going to make it! There is enough stress in teaching that you dont' need to worry about starving!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find something spectacular that works. I may need some suggestions next week. Enjoy the last 2 days of break!

Dana-

I am so happy you finally got what we have all been wanting: RESTRICTION! I hear you loud and clear- now is the time the the band comes to the dinner table. Up until now the band has been with you, but not front and center. You could eat fast, eat pretty much what you wanted. It was the best of both worlds- lose weight and eating wasn't that complicated. I know because I am speaking from the non-restriction side.

Last night I had Pasta for dinner and I was happy as a clam, because my portion was small, I was full, and I still got to eat Pasta. I didn't even have to pay too much attention to how much I chewed. I just took small bites. (Man this band is SO easy. AND the best part is I am losing weight!) However, if I continue on this path my weight loss will become non-exsistent, so I have to get a fill this month. Chances are if everything goes right I should be sitting with you in your boat. I totally understand where you are coming from. Good luck!

Oh, the rules. I have a hard time following the rules too. I have given everyone in my circle of friends, who knows about the band, the okay to call me on it when they see it.

I have my second fill on the 11th, and I am hella nervous, because I can still get down basically anything I want to with the exception of alot of bread. I drink when I am not supposed too, but I am getting better. Its a process, stay focused, give it your best effort, and just remember why you did this in first place.