Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did it! I DID IT! I did it!!

BBK thank you so much for your encouragement. I am in the beginnning of the process and have not yet been banded. Many sites say that people only lose 50 percent of their excess weight which was really discouraging me and making me think maybe gastric bypass was the way even though I really didn't want that. People like you are what is making me go foward and trust that God ahs a bigger plan for me and that I can do this!!!!!!! Thank you so much. I cannot wait to be able to share my progress along the way!

:thumbup:

Thank you! Good Luck Molly! You can do this, it is not rocket science. It is learning to listen to your body, and working a system. I can tell you I did stall for awhile and was sure I would only loose 75%, but I kept working and it did come off. Persistence pays off and if you want it bad enough you will do whatever it takes!

I look forward to hearing about your success!

Hugs! :thumbup:

I didn't read through this entire thread. I will do that after work . (on lunch right now)

Did the last 10 lbs go really slowly? I have always been a slow loser. Now I am afraid my body has just decided it's done losing. It took 3 months to lose

this last 3 lbs.

I am not sure what to do. I can't possibly exercise any more than I already am. (Unless I went to the gym twice a day)

Any suggestions?

I drink Herbalife Meal Replacement shakes with added protien powder that they have. I love the new one Cafe' Latte. It is coffee flavored. Before I discovered them I was drinking Body for Life Soy Protien mix which is good as well. The Herbalife I can get 40+ mg of protien.

Boo Boo Kitty - I think one of the only things that freaks me out about this entire process is the protien shakes. I am pre-op (maybe June band). I am trying to gather as much info as possible on how to get my Protein in the liquid stages. The thing that freaks me is the way Protein Shakes have that "vitamin smell". I have a list of different brands and varieties that I can get on the net. I have:confused_smile: never heard of the Herbal Life shakes. Did you get them on line or do you have to go through a Herbal Life "dealer"?

Boo Boo Kitty - I think one of the only things that freaks me out about this entire process is the protien shakes. I am pre-op (maybe June band). I am trying to gather as much info as possible on how to get my Protein in the liquid stages. The thing that freaks me is the way Protein Shakes have that "vitamin smell". I have a list of different brands and varieties that I can get on the net. I have:confused_smile: never heard of the Herbal Life shakes. Did you get them on line or do you have to go through a Herbal Life "dealer"?

Yes I do, but PM me and tell me where you are and we can find you someone. If you want I can get some samples from my "dealer". I promise you WILL NOT be dissapointed. I love them, no Vitamin smells, and they taste like dessert. NO JOKE!

I didn't read through this entire thread. I will do that after work . (on lunch right now)

Did the last 10 lbs go really slowly? I have always been a slow loser. Now I am afraid my body has just decided it's done losing. It took 3 months to lose

this last 3 lbs.

I am not sure what to do. I can't possibly exercise any more than I already am. (Unless I went to the gym twice a day)

Any suggestions?

Yes, the last 10 pounds were definately definately the hardest, more than 3 months it went up and down.

Here is what I did....

I got a fill even though my Dr thought I didn't need it, I was at 3.50 went to 3.75.

Switched my cardio/weight split workout and went to just cardio for 1.5 hours for a week and then weights a week, and kept flipping that way.

I ate no more than 800 calories a day, no matter if it killed me. Somedays I wanted to shoot myself, but I wanted that weight off. I avoided carbs completely.

I did 2 protien shakes a day, plus a Herbalife tea that kicks your metobolism up. 1 cup burns 80 calories.

BTW, I want you all to know I am NOT an Herbalife dealer, it is just what worked for me. I account my last 30 pounds to it completely. Dr told me I was going to stay 30 pounds short of my goal and I committed to get them off.

Where do I get some of that herbal life?

Are you talking about doing cardio every day for a week for 1.5 hours?

And that was all you ate/drank were the shakes, or food in addition to the herbal life shakes? I am determined to get the rest of this off too. Even at 145 I would still be overweight but at my age, I don't want to weigh any less than that. I am in size 12's now. I have a lot more wrinkles since I lost weight. I think skinny old people who are all wrinkled up are less attractive than someone just average weight and less wrinkles.

My trainer told me I have at least 10 lbs of muscles from weight training these past 4 years. That does make me feel better.

Where do I get some of that herbal life?

Are you talking about doing cardio every day for a week for 1.5 hours?

And that was all you ate/drank were the shakes, or food in addition to the herbal life shakes? I am determined to get the rest of this off too. Even at 145 I would still be overweight but at my age, I don't want to weigh any less than that. I am in size 12's now. I have a lot more wrinkles since I lost weight. I think skinny old people who are all wrinkled up are less attractive than someone just average weight and less wrinkles.

My trainer told me I have at least 10 lbs of muscles from weight training these past 4 years. That does make me feel better.

Yes ma'am I did 1.5 hours a day of cardio. Tried to kill myself maybe, but it worked. I broke it up on the bike, treadmill and stepper.

When I was doing 2 shakes a day I was doing them with 1 meal and 2 Snacks. I now do 1 shake a day. Snacks for me are a protien bar broke up through out the day or string cheese--my fave food.

Weight is a number, find what is right for you and makes you happy. I am considered overweight by standards really and I am 6'0". I don't believe in the numbers that MetLife goes by which is what standards are set by. We are women with curves for god sake...lol..

I will PM you my Herbalife guy, Joe. I don't sell it. He can help you out, he ships.