Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you deal with thoughts of failure?

I have had a lot of trouble with fills. Every time I get one, he takes it out to see what I have left. There is never the amount in there,that he says is supposed to be in there. Yet he says I don't have a leak.

I think I have had 6 or 7 fills, and this is the first time that I feel like I am not losing my restriction. He tells me as soon as a little fat is gone around the stomach, the band gets looser.

I am having doubts that I will be able to get to my goal, but I just tell myself I can do it, and that this is better than gaining.

I have had a lot of trouble with fills. Every time I get one, he takes it out to see what I have left. There is never the amount in there,that he says is supposed to be in there. Yet he says I don't have a leak.

I think I have had 6 or 7 fills, and this is the first time that I feel like I am not losing my restriction. He tells me as soon as a little fat is gone around the stomach, the band gets looser.

I am having doubts that I will be able to get to my goal, but I just tell myself I can do it, and that this is better than gaining.

Denise

I got my 4th fill yesterday and I really feel restriction right now, I just hope it stays with me this time. I asked my fill doctor about losing restricion after a few days of each fill, and she said that was normal until I get to my sweet spot. She also told me that once we are at our sweet spot for a long time, that some of the Fluid can evaporate out of the band. So it will have to be topped off every once in a while. She also said the same thing about the band getting looser as we lose fat.

HTH

I hope it lasts for you! I don't feel as tight as I did a month ago when I got this fill but I know not to get more because food still gets stuck. When food doesn't get stuck at all, I know it's time for a fill.

Georgiagirl, I have been discouraged for about 3 weeks. I have stopped losing, in fact I have gained 2lbs in Dec. The holidays,and having a daughter in law,3yr old and 1yr old in the house has completely changed my life style. The company is gone now, so I am trying to get back on track. My husband keeps asking me if I can feel when I am full. I think I can in the stomach, but my head isnt telling me full. I think I need to get all my lapband pamphlets out and re-read things. It is consoling to see I am not the only one struggling right now. Also, for some reason I am not getting any emails from the threads I am subscribed to. I have a ?? in to alex,hopefully he can help me out on that front.

.... I have a ?? in to alex,hopefully he can help me out on that front.

You know I had that happen once as well. I'm no computer tech but what worked for me in the end was to go to my "User CP" and set all the threads to NOT send me E-mails. Then reset them all back to "E-MAIL NOTIFICATION". Don't know if it was just a coincidence but it seemed to do the trick for me.

Georgiagirl, I have been discouraged for about 3 weeks. I have stopped losing, in fact I have gained 2lbs in Dec. The holidays,and having a daughter in law,3yr old and 1yr old in the house has completely changed my life style. The company is gone now, so I am trying to get back on track. My husband keeps asking me if I can feel when I am full. I think I can in the stomach, but my head isnt telling me full. I think I need to get all my lapband pamphlets out and re-read things. It is consoling to see I am not the only one struggling right now. Also, for some reason I am not getting any emails from the threads I am subscribed to. I have a ?? in to alex,hopefully he can help me out on that front.

2bthinagn

I guess we're in the same boat. I just had my 4th fill Wednesday and I am feeling pretty good restriction right now. I've had to slow wayyyy down on drinking my liquids. I go back on solids tomorrow and I don't think I will be able to eat much.

Are you feeling pretty good restriction right now? Everyone is different, but I don't feel full in my actual stomach, I feel really tight in my chest. I think this fill is just what I needed.

You are definitely not alone. I hope this is just a phase for both of us. Hope you feel better soon. :wink: