Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third Fill

My third fill was this morning @ 7:15. Unfortunately our underground electrical service at the office went on the fritz yesterday leaving us without power. Since I run the network of several servers, it was my duty to show up at 5:00 am to get all systems working. Then I drove north 30 miles through traffic for my fill. I'd been fretting about the power as there was a chance it wouldn't be on this morning so I kept calling in to see if the voice mail came on. It was on at 4:00 am so I left for work. Boy am I TIRED. She only put in 1/2 a cc as we are getting down to fine tuning. She said I should come back in after one week this time if this isn't enough and she'll add another 1/2 cc. So far, I feel no hunger but some nausea probably because I didn't sleep. I ate hot Cereal after the fill. I hope this one is it but it will take some time for my band to react to the fill...probably a couple days.

Take care all.

I bet you are tired but at least you got the fill. How many cc's do have now and what size band do you have? How was your restriction before this fill? Were you able to gulp Water?

I got my 1st fill one week ago today. I can't drink Water fine but i can't really gulp. If I don't chew well I get a little pain in my back. I haven't had anything get stuck and I am eating much less than before the fill and I stay full longer. I have 3.5 cc's in the small AP band (10 cc's).

If I read your signature I would have seen that you have 6.5 cc's in a 10 cc band. Anyway, I would like to know how restricted you were before this fill.

Congrats on the loss! You are doing great!

If I read your signature I would have seen that you have 6.5 cc's in a 10 cc band. Anyway, I would like to know how restricted you were before this fill.

Congrats on the loss! You are doing great!

I could still eat too much though I had to be careful. I hope to get to about 1/4 to 1/2 cup max. We'll see.

Oh, wow three fills!! I've only had one. I'm at 6.2cc of a 10cc band. I could definitely tell a difference when they went to 6.2. My band had 4cc in it when I had surgery. My next fill is Jan. 30.

Oh, wow three fills!! I've only had one. I'm at 6.2cc of a 10cc band. I could definitely tell a difference when they went to 6.2. My band had 4cc in it when I had surgery. My next fill is Jan. 30.

But you are at 6.2 cc's with only one fill!! I'm at 6.5 cc's with THREE fills. I like your way better!!

I had my first fill on 12-27-07

And even though I can tell a difference , I feel like sometimes I am eating too much.

I am really concentrating on NO snacking. Christmas was a hard time for me.

Will I be able to tell a big difference after the second or third fill?

I am eating alot less than prior to surgery, but I think I am eating a cup or a little more at a meal.

Gees...3 fills already. I have 2 1/2 more weeks to wait for my 2nd fill. After a few days with my first fill, I went back to normal. If anything, now at 1 1/2 weeks past my fill, I'm STARVING more so than I was before. It is much harder to limit myself these days. Thank goodness I'm back at work and can control myself a little better at work.

But you are at 6.2 cc's with only one fill!! I'm at 6.5 cc's with THREE fills. I like your way better!!

I agree. My doctor is in Nashville. It's really not far away, but it does involve a trip there, which mean one of my days off is shot.

I had my first fill on 12-27-07

And even though I can tell a difference , I feel like sometimes I am eating too much.

I am really concentrating on NO snacking. Christmas was a hard time for me.

Will I be able to tell a big difference after the second or third fill?

I am eating alot less than prior to surgery, but I think I am eating a cup or a little more at a meal.

I'm the same way. I really think that I need more of a fill. I'm working on not snacking. I generally do a good job.

I feel really left out when people are talking about fills, now you have had 3?! I had my surgery on Nov. 5th. and I haven't even had one fill.

I lost a lot of weight before and after, but since I have been on regular food I've only lost about 8 lbs. December and Christmas was the killer for me. I think I gained and lost the same 3-4 pounds. The unfortunate thing for me is that my insurance co. won't pay for my fills, so it costs me $300 a fill. I was hoping I could make it until Febuary, but I think I will be calling to set up my appointment soon! I'm really pleased with my results so far, but I know I will lose again once I get my fill.