Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dizzy, weak, a little scared.

I had my band on Monday. Right now Im sweating, dizzy, a little weak. I think I might have a temp too, no thermometer to check (getting one). Anyone else get this? Am I being to active too soon?

Remember - you just had surgery 2 days ago! It can take a couple of days just for the anesthesia to wear off. Even though it's minimally invasive surgery - your body was basically stabbed 4 or 5 times.

Make sure you are following your dr instructions and TAKE IT EASY! Also, be sure to drink your Protein shakes and sip on lots of Water. Lack of Protein and dehydration can bring on some of what you're feeling.

Please don't try to do too much too soon - remember, it's still a surgical procedure and your body has been through a lot recently.

What are you doing? You should only be walking right now. Dizzy, sweating, weak is likely normal.. you just had a major surgery...and you posted you're only drinking Water. You need to start drinking some Protein shakes... like, now.

You need some nutrition.

I felt the exact same way after my surgery. The nurse at the hospital told me it might take a week or so to start to feel better. Slow down a little and rest as much as you can. I had my band seven days ago and I'm just starting to feel more like myself.

Jenn

You should probably call your doctor and see if they want to see you. If you have a fever, they should probably keep an eye out that you aren't getting an infection or anything.

I'm a year past surgery and don't really remember much about the afte stuff...but I do know that I never drank a single Protein shake so don't sweat that too much. No one is going to have malnutrition problems in the course of a week or 2.

What you *do* need to be well aware of is getting in lots of fluids. Drink plenty of Water and juices, milk and sugar free puddings made with milk (if dairy is in your allowable post-op diet), sip warm teas and broth....but be sure to get lots of Fluid.

Good luck to you and congrats on your banding !!!

Patricia

11/16/06

306/204/175ish

You posted another thread that said you're currently only drinking Water, and nothing else. I get sweaty, weak, shaky, and dizzy when my blood sugar is low. PLEASE call your doctor and find out what you should be eating or drinking, and find out for sure if you're running a fever. A very low grade fever is ok, even normal, but if you're running a higher fever, you need to alert your doctor as soon as possible.