Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About LBT.com?

This is such an awesome site. So, who started it? when? How do you get into posts that are achived from the beginning? What I mean is, I tried to find the first post ever written on LBT and it won't go back that far...page 9 of the General discussion only goes back to Jan 2005, I think? Just interested in the history of LBT...thanks!

If you go to the bottom of the page (jump forums then choose which one you want to go to) you will see show posts form - then choose from the beginning, then hit show threads and it will take you back to the very beginning.

Hi Kathy,

This site was founded by a great guy named Alex (no relation) in the early summer or so of 2003. He's got access to server space through his job, I gather, so it's no hardship to provide the space and technical support for this site. He's a bandster and was present on other sites but felt, like many people, that we really needed a site that was JUST dedicated to bandsters sharing their experiences. I love that it's completely independent and owes no one anything.

Enjoy!!

I have to say that I used a yahoo bandsters board for quite some time before I discovered this one. While I did get some good information on that board, I was often discouraged by the fact that they got WAY off topic and sometimes were almost critical of posts. This site is TRULY what it was designed for: support and information. Don't get me wrong, I've had more than the occasional chuckle reading some of our posts, and I enjoy the entertainment "fluff" that we do from time to time, but for the most part I love this board because it's positive, caring, and non-judemental.

Thank you to all that post. I'm still new, getting banded on the 28th....and I intend to use this board throughout my journey!

Oh my garsh...I have SOO much reading to do! Thanks for the tip Betty, I thought I had been through everything, but sure hadn't gone there! Thank you Alex, wherever you are...this site is the best! You can tell it owes nothing to anyone, like you said Alex. I have been to Yahoo too and it's more difficult to get through, plus pop ups, and I just don't feel as comfortable with the info...everything here is straight up, and easier to check out. great info, thanks ya'll!

Kathy,

one of the things I really liked about this site when I first discovered it was that everyone is so personal. When I joined, I felt like I was joining a 'club' or an elite group of some kind.

I loved seeing everyone's pictures - and the fact that they ALL seemed to know each other was also 'inviting'.

I only wish I wouldve found it before being banded. Alot of the things I read here contradicted much of what my surgeons office told me, so it was very scarey (but informative) to read everything.

I agree with you, this place is the best.

Sure glad to have you as one of the 'regulars'!

Thank you, Mr. Alex, for a wonderful site! The people on here have become my "banded family". We share much more than just "band support" with each other. I hope it will be here for many years to come!

LOL ;-)

You're very welcome.

I started this site while I was recovering from my LB surgery. I was searcing the internet for a community of other bandsters but I found most of the sites difficult to use. I'm really really glad that so many people have gotten encouragement, support and ideas from LBT.

You guys and gals should thank the moderators since they're the ones doing all the hard work!

This is a great opportunity to give thanks! So thank you, Alex, and thank you moderators! And thanks to all my cyber-friends who have given me support and let me into their lives.

What I like about this board is that it has a culture of positivity and support. There are no arguments here, no criticism, no lecturing. To me, that is what makes it different from some of the other boards.

Nancy

Thank you Moderators, for doing all the hard work, and thank you Alex for getting us started. It's a huge success, and I hope, at the very least, is on your resume! Well done.

Yep, I'm addicted, too. It's kinda pitiful to see me log in first thing in the AM after getting daughter to school, hubby to work, and little one propped in front of the TV watching Blue's Clues eating bananas and cheerios. Time for me to see if anything happened overnight! And of course I have to check the board before turning off the computer at night...you know, check on the kids, cover them up, close the garage door, start the dishwasher, turn off the lights and turn on the nightlights, and check the boards...sad but true. I love it here, can't wait to cross over to Bandland!

Big thanks to everyone for making LBT the best!

Yep, I'm addicted, too. It's kinda pitiful to see me log in first thing in the AM ... Time for me to see if anything happened overnight! And of course I have to check the board before turning off the computer at night...you know, check on the kids, cover them up, close the garage door, start the dishwasher, turn off the lights and turn on the nightlights, and check the boards...sad but true. QUOTE]

Ditto, Kathy!!! :laugh You've got me laughing so hard that I can hardly type.

Kathy and Marie~I can sit on this board for hours and even if no one is posting right then I can always find something I haven't read yet.

I'm not a morning person,but night time watch out cause just like right now I should be in bed but I'm on LBT. I layed down by my husband ( cause he says he can't go to bed without me) but I couldn't sleep for thinking about my Dr. appt. tomorrow~ so what do I do? I get up and get on LBT! I have burned 2 meals trying to look at posts and cook at the same time.since I joined this site in Dec. First time in my life I've burned a pan of noodles dry. Hamburger tastes lots better when its not crunchy!

since I checked in on the boards I think I might try to get some sleep now! GOOD NIGHT BOARDS AND BAND BUDDIES!