Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

Well I had to go back today for an unfill. The fill I got Friday was waaaay too much. I feel so much better. There is definitely a learning curve to the band. I'm a bit disappointed that I've only lost 6 pounds since the surgery which was 8 weeks ago, but it is better than gaining.

Well I had to go back today for an unfill. The fill I got Friday was waaaay too much. I feel so much better. There is definitely a learning curve to the band. I'm a bit disappointed that I've only lost 6 pounds since the surgery which was 8 weeks ago, but it is better than gaining.

I'm sorry you had to get some removed, but at least you are feeling better!!

Thanks for the sympathy. After talking to my doc yesterday and paying more attention to how I eat and what happens when I eat it seems like his theory that I might have a hyper active esophagus is correct. I do chew well and no matter how well I chew or how I slow I eat at the beginning of every meal I get a spasm and pain. Hopefully with time my esophagus will learn this is our new norm and stop. If not there are meds I can take that will help. It isn't terrible but it certainly hurts and gets my attention right from the start.

I know some other people who have the same problem. I know someone who can barely tolerate any fill at all. She has to take medicine every day for spasms in her esphagus. When she stops taking it, she throws up

every day even with no fill at all in her band.

Hey Everybody!!!

How is everyone doing?

I have been super busy and have not been able to get online for sometime.

But, I miss you all.

What's new with everyone?

Baby

This is a great thread! I'm new to the forum but have been reading for the past few months. I was banded by Dr. Ortiz 9/18/07. I just had my third fill at 2.5cc in a 4cc band on tuesday. I think I need more solid Proteins, does anyone have any suggestions besides chicken (which is hard for me to eat) and fish? :thumbup:

I was also banded by Dr. Ortiz.

I have a fill of 3.0 in a 4 cc.

I wasn't feeling it for the longest time, and for some reason now, I am getting stuck on everything for the last 3 weeks.

I would say Beans and rice, which together make the perfect Protein, garbanzo beans, split pea Soup, nuts, cheese, cottage cheese, ground beef.

Hey Everybody!!!

How is everyone doing?

I have been super busy and have not been able to get online for sometime.

But, I miss you all.

What's new with everyone?

Baby

This forum has been awfully quiet, where are all of our fellow lower BMI'ers??

Baby Got Back? How are you doing? Have you seen the scale move lately? I know you are SOOOO close to goal? Howz that going?

AudricIan how are you doing? You've been quiet on this thread...is everything okay? Have you been losing or have you hit a standstill?

Hey everyone let me know your latest NSV's, I need some encouragement as i'm losing so slow!! I did have a NSV moment yesterday though, I put on a pair of jeans that I wear regularly only to realize that HEY they were too big for me to continue to wear, so I pulled another (smaller size) out of my closet-still a little on the tight side, but i'm moving down the size charts ever so slowly!!!!

It feels so good to wear different jeans! I can relate. I had these size 12 levi's that I have been waiting to wear. I thought they were too tight.

I tried them on again and my daughter said she needed to take them in. The last time I had tried them on, I didn't think I could wear them because they looked like they were painted on me. My daughter did take them in, and they look pretty good. I got them at Ross, so I am going to try to find them in a 10 and see if I can get them on.

I haven't worn a size 12 in 25 years! I love my band!

It feels so good to wear different jeans! I can relate. I had these size 12 levi's that I have been waiting to wear. I thought they were too tight.

I tried them on again and my daughter said she needed to take them in. The last time I had tried them on, I didn't think I could wear them because they looked like they were painted on me. My daughter did take them in, and they look pretty good. I got them at Ross, so I am going to try to find them in a 10 and see if I can get them on.

I haven't worn a size 12 in 25 years! I love my band!

congrats Denise, that is wonderful!!:cursing:

Thank you! It's pretty crazy. I wear a different size pants in every brand I have. I know this last 10 lbs is going to be really hard to take off.

I am to the point now that if I eat one thing wrong, I gain a couple, but if I am really good and think I should have lost one, I stay the same. Maybe this is where my body wants to be. I hope not though.

I am pretty short, so 10 more lbs would be so great. I wish I didn't have such a sweet tooth!

I was also banded by Dr. Ortiz.< p>I have a fill of 3.0 in a 4 cc.

I wasn't feeling it for the longest time, and for some reason now, I am getting stuck on everything for the last 3 weeks.

I would say Beans and rice, which together make the perfect Protein, garbanzo beans, split pea Soup, nuts, cheese, cottage cheese, ground beef.

Thank you! Looks like I am on the right track, I have been eating beans, cottage cheese and string cheese. Not to mention that I love split pea soup, I found one made by Healthy Choice and it it yummy!

I know what you mean about getting down a pant size. I bought a couple of 14's after christmas and now they are too big. Just bought 2 pairs of 12's. What a wonderful feeling. I've not been losing much wt for a while now but my body must be adjusting. I am glad it is not just the scale we measure against.

I have a BMI of 28.8 (195 lbs, 5ft 9in) and I had a baby 6 months ago. I do not have a long history of being overweight. I have gained and kept on weight in the last 3 yrs from having 4 children. Is there any doctor in the Houston area that would perform the lapband for me? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I really can't imagine any doctor turning anyone down if they are a self pay. If a person was super thin, that would be a different story. You'll just have to research which doctors are in your area, and call and ask them. You're pretty close to Mexico too. I am not sure which doctor in Mexico is closest to Texas.

Most insurance companies won't pay unless you are a bmi of 40.