Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

I was wondering how long it took you all to reach goal? I know it's more difficult with a lower bmi. Also, I know are new stomach pouch can only hold about 2oz at a time, so how much are you able to eat? Does at a time mean, overall, at meal time?

Kin

weight.png

Doing good! I had a horrible episode with eating steak a week or so ago.

I thought for sure I was going to have to go in and get unfilled. I couldn't stop throwing up.

I have been a lot more careful with cutting my meat tiny and chewing forever since then. I haven't lost anything, but that's the way my

body seems to work. Big long plateaus, then I will drop again. I hope I

lose something again soon!

Are you still at goal?

welcome back! It seems like a lot of people are on hiatus right now. :frown:

I got another fill and am losing again. I squeezed into a size 10 this morning!!! I didn't wear them - too much muffin top but maybe in another week or two I can!!!! I guess I could have pulled out the Spanx and made it work - hmmmmm.

I sure wish it didn't get harder to lose the closer you get - it's frustrating. My doc says I only need to lose 20#; he clearly has NOT seen me naked!!! I'm sticking with my original goal (I think)

Have any of y'all had trouble setting a goal? Do you keep changing it as you reach it?

wombat

Well other than eating like a horse lately all is well here. I get my first fill tomorrow! Yeah! I'm very excited. I equate the wait to the first fill like getting a Christmas present and not being able to open it till February! You get to look at it every day, you know what it is but you can't touch it or play with it. :frown:

I'm so excited to actually get this band working. Right now it feels like there is nothing there. Any weight I lost before the surgery or the 2 weeks following it is all gained back. :)

Doing good! I had a horrible episode with eating steak a week or so ago.

I thought for sure I was going to have to go in and get unfilled. I couldn't stop throwing up.

I have been a lot more careful with cutting my meat tiny and chewing forever since then. I haven't lost anything, but that's the way my

body seems to work. Big long plateaus, then I will drop again. I hope I

lose something again soon!

Are you still at goal?

I had an episode like that too, a few times. And some horrilbe slimes. but I am only like that a few days out of the month. Mostly I can eat as much and anything I want.

I am 5 pounds up right now, but I am premenstrual, retaining a lot of Water and have been weight training. I was told that the muscles swell also and retain Water too!

But I look thinner and fit myself into size 6 pants!!!

Size 6! Way to go! I will never be a size 6 again.

I am sure it's going to take me forever to lose this last 10 lbs. I will be

lucky if I don't gain anything while I am visiting my dad. He doesn't know I got the band and he likes to eat dinner out every evening. It's his only entertainment. Plus he has so much junk food in his house.

I am going to have to find a gym while I am there. I can't go two weeks with no exercise.

Would you consider a BMI of 35 with a consultation appointment 1/30 eligible for this thread?? I would greatly appreciate it. Because I am lost and so afraid that I won't qualify for this surgery!! Thanks

Would you consider a BMI of 35 with a consultation appointment 1/30 eligible for this thread?? I would greatly appreciate it. Because I am lost and so afraid that I won't qualify for this surgery!! Thanks

For sure, you are eligible! I was self pay as my BMI was only a little over 30 but depending on your insurance and any health issues you may have you could possibly qualify for the surgery.

Welcome back everyone else, I have been posting in the fills threads lately. That is what is so great about LBT, you can find answers all over and meet different people that may be going through what you at any point of your journey. I had my 1st fill on 1/8 and I have been so discouraged. I just had my TOM and I thought my fill was not working and I was so upset. Now I am 1 week out from my period, I have lost all of the weight I gained plus 1 lb! YEAH BABY! I am 171 now. I think once I get to the 160's I will calm down a bit. I haven't been in the 160's for 5 years, at least not steady in the 160's. There was a few month period when I did Atkins and actually got down to 150 but it only lasted for about 6 months then I gained it all back plus some.

Away 2 Me, how did your first fill go???? I am glad you finally got it done. I told you I would keep you posted on my progress after my fill and how long it took me to lose the 6 lbs I gained back. Well, it took 2 1/2 weeks to lose the weight again and that includes a 1 week period....yuck! I am still going to get another fill as I am still able to eat too much at one sitting. I will probably wait another week or two before I go back for my fill. I want to give this first fill a honest effort before I go get filled again. I am trying to avoid an overfill! I still get bread stuck but it eventually passes, no PB'ing or sliming yet. I have felt the urge to PB but usually putting my arms over my head will help the food pass through. It only happens when I eat way more than I should have, like a chicken breast, some veggies and rice or bread. It is always the rice or bread that gets stuck too. Hope all went well, let us know how you are doing.

I just returned home from my mini spa vacation to Mexico. Dr. Lopez was my tour guide. My visit was not a piece of cake, but not too bad. I am now resting at home sipping my Jello. I suffered with lot's of gas so I walk, walk, and walk it really works. I am so happy it's all over. I will work hard to make my band work.

Hugs, Sandy

Fill went okay. No issues. I got 1.8cc in my 4cc band. I certainly don't feel any different. Hopefully when I eat real food again I'll feel full on very little.

There is no way I could eat bread. I wouldn't even try it.

I hate throwing up. I hate it when food is stuck. It hurts. I stick to foods that are band friendly now rather than try something that is going to cause pain and eventually spend a bunch of time throwing up.

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm hoping the insurance will cover it because I do have some medical complications that might qualify me. God I hope I don't have to pay out of pocket for it!! At least not 100%!!!! Either way I have to do something. I can't get this weight off and I am miserable. I'll keep you posted and thank you again.

Sandy - Welcome to the BAND!!! I am glad you are doing well.

steveamy- Hopefully you will qualify for ins coverage - if not there is the self pay route (either US or MEX) and I have to say it was the best $$$ I ever spent. I waited 3 years because insurance would not pay and then I realized that I was just too miserable to let this continue.

I didn't meet my Feb. 1 goal to be in the 160's but I'm not to far off. Problem is I may have leak? They are not sure because I have so little in my 10cc band that the Water may just be in the folds of the band. I just don't think I could tolerate the usual amount. I do have restriction, just probably not quite enough- close though.