Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ January 2008 Chat

Mandy, my condolences at the loss of your beloved uncle, and along with what you said, he IS in a better place. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, and also feel confident that the two of you will be well again (better than ever!)

Dianne, I'm sorry for the loss of your great uncle. and just before their 60th anniversary (sigh).

You're right no excuse at all not to go! Send info when you can. thanks!

Betty, you aren't kidding "proceed with caution"! Had the 2nd fill Wed. and was able to finally eat something substantial on sunday. then today I couldn't even eat 2 bites of anything without having difficulties!!! I'm trying to keep the Protein in.

Pat, thanks so much for calling to check up on me. (you sweetie, you!) Really, it was good to vent about how unpredictable my recent fill has proved to be!

Well, its been a long day and I'm yawning, so beddie bye folks.

Good Gosh I feel like I've been gone forever! I'm jut soooo brain dead by the time I get home I just hate computers after long days. The President is on and I'm listening while I'm in here...don't need to be watchin him.

DS came home sick from school, he's doing ok just a bit cranky but, playing video games and now DH has been sleepin since 7pm...he's got the chills and can't get warm. That's really SICK for him because he's under a comforter and the man sleeps naked with no blankets generally while I'm in my PJs and under as many covers as possible hahaha. Think he's sick huh? Hopefully it's nothing I'll be catchin! Although TOM is here so if I'm going to catch it this is usually the time I catch colds or anything else. Must make my system weak.

Yeap, Mandy has it right, I do scream like a goil when I'm on roller coasters but, better that then throwing up hahaha. It really helps lol That's my story and I'm sticking to it! It was fun to meet you too! I'm hoping to be able to meet others from out group too. DS and DH want to go to Vegas and the Grand Canyon for vacation this year...anyone close?

Chrispy is really doing well with her man :confused: He spoils her and I think it's great! She's not used to it though...it's cute. He thinks being spoiled is when Chris sends him to work with coffee, a banana and English muffin hee hee. I thought that was really cute. They've been together just about every day since the 3rd date I think :confused: He's a great guy, I really like him. Shhhhhh if I haven't said it...I think he might be "the one" :tt1: They are cute together.

Work yeap it's still nuts. I'm trying to hold it together, some days aren't so easy and I really REALLY need to go for walks and ground myself.

Kat - the DH and DS are sick but the pups are good lol. shhh so far anyway. Did you say you headed back to Curves? Good for you! I sooo need to get motivated again. I put a few back on and need to get them back off and under 200 again. TOM isn't helping! The ice cream Sundaes probably didn't help either. Kicked it back in today, ate better but, didn't get my exercise in...gotta work on that tomorrow.

Pat - Sounds like you're doing great! I can't wait to see pics and I soooo am looking forward to having my TummyTuck and Apron removed and hopefully I'll be able to afford a boob lift too. Gosh it's all so dang pricey isn't it? Sounds like it's worth it though....will have to be because I'll be paying on it for YEARS!

Betty - I must of missed it. Did you say you went riding? It snowed here. DH hasn't been able to go out for quite a while. They won't go out unless it's at least 40 degrees. Me...I'll wait for the warmer weather.

Beanie....haven't seen ya but Happy belated birthday. I hope it was a good one.We miss ya.

Eileen - Happy Anniversary. Girl.....maybe we need to motivate each other huh? We should start with Water hahaha How is the Karate man? hee hee

Diane - Sorry to hear about your great uncle. My condolences

Mandy - Sorry to hear about your uncle too. My condolences to you and your family. I hope Abi and you feel better soon. Poor kid...gosh that has to be uncomfy to go through :frown:

Diane Signgirl - Ohhhh I know all too well how those fills can be. I've had to have a few slight unfills and a 1/2 unfill before. Scarey stuff when you can't swallow your own spit so be careful. Sounds like you're getting liquids down at least so that's good, be careful though...too tight and the acid reflux started up for me and I suffered with it for 6+ months before I ended up with an almost all unfill. Hope you're doing ok.

Cindy - How is ya girl? Busy busy I bet.

Jetti - sounds like you're motivated to move. That's great...keep that up because ohhh it's so hard to get started again when you stop for a while :lol: my bad. It's my understanding that if you allowed yourself the right amount of time to heal that you shouldn't have any issues with hurting yourself while exercising.

Chell - Welcome to the NJ thread. I for one am not from NJ, I'm from Massachusetts but, these lovely ladies welcomed me with open arms...hmmm should I say open computer monitors? hee hee.

Anyone seen or heard from Anne lately? I miss her :confused: I miss Darcy too...I sure hope shes ok. They are both so very nice peeps :confused:

I know I've probably missed people but, I'm going blind on the computer....my mind is shutting down for sure. Well folks I'm calling it a night...Hope you're all doing well and shrinking :wink2:

Good Morning Y'all!

It's balmy warm here this morning, but another cold front is supposed to move in this afternoon and temps are going to drop again. Just when I am getting use to some warm weather too! I am so ready for warm weather!

Sherry - Yes, we went riding Saturday, it was near 70 or in the 70's and it was a really nice ride. Like you, not much exercising being done and I can sure feel it and tell the difference.

Kat - No snow riding for me! I don't even like riding when the roads are wet with rain. I was riding on wet roads once and started slowing down for a turn, hadn't even applied the brakes yet and hit an oil slick and with it rain on it, I started sliding downwards. I was lucky that time that I managed to pull it out of the slide and keep going forward. I had to go to the next road to turn and DH had already turned on that road so he didn't know what happened to me for a while, but we met up and I told him what happened. Now when it's raining I don't want to be on any bike!

Mandy - I sure hope you girls get well soon! Nothing worse than being sick.

Pat - Did you get the pictures taken? How are you doing now? I think about you every day!

Dianne - Sorry about your Uncle!

Diane - How's the fill doing today? Hopefully you will loosen up just a little bit.

Jetti - You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Chrispy - Congrats on the new guy that is cool!

Cindy - Where you at Missy? Check in time!

Beanie - Happy belated birthday!

Eileen - What's happening with you? Same ole same ole here!

If I missed you I'll catch you later, got to get dressed, it's time to leave and I'm still setting here in my gown.

Good Morning Girls,

Just a quick jump in to say hey!

I've got a follow up visit today, I sure hope he takes these steristrips off, I'm really starting to itch and itch I do. My problem is when I scratch an itch, I bruise, seriously, thin blood I guess. I bought some of that high price scar med yesterday I'll see today if I can start using it. I also need to get some of that stuff from GNC for scars, but it may be too late for that, because you're supposed to start taking that before the surgery.

Any suggestions on that? I thought someone else from this thread had a TT, but I don't want to be a name dropper.

Hugs to you all, ttyl.

Just got back to my office, from the doctor's office, all is well :rolleyes2:

He gave me samples of that Mederma cream, told me to rub it on 2-3 times a day, guess he doesn't have to pay for that stuff, LOL.

He even showed me pictures of before and after with the girls, how he'd done one side and not the other, quite interesting. I did notice he did the tummy first, it was already done when he took the boob shots.

I didn't realize they went down so far under my arms when I was lying flat on my back.

I bought some black size 12 Petites today, they're a little snug, but he said it would take a full three months for all the swelling to go down.

He asked if I was taking Motrin and I told him I wasn't taking anything like that, he said not for the pain, but for swelling, I told him I thought the "screwdrivers" would take care of that. He took the steristrips off, wahoo.

Gotta run, sorry this was all about me, will do personals later.

OK, something's wrong with my computer, I knowwwwwwwwwwww, some one has been here besides me.

Oh well, I'm glad I didn't waste time posting pictures, LOL.

Pat we were all boycotting UNTIL you post the pics!!!

Was one of those days yesterday--and now DH is off until Monday---heaven knows what is gonna go on. Supposed to dump more damn snow on us today---yuck!

I am glad the Dr. thinks you are healing well--it always feel better to me when the strips come off, they itch something fierce!

Sherry --- hope your men feel better! Glad the pups are ok!!!

Well off to do what I sat down to do---------pay the car insurance!!The fun never ends around here!!!

Kat

We have no school today, due to the cold. It was 0 last night with 50 mph winds. Now it's 3 with 15-30 mph winds expected all day. So today I work around the house. I was able to sleep in today, and I'm still tired. Maybe a nap today too.

Pat, I'm glad you are feeling better, now where are those pictures? ~Mandy

no school because of the cold i have never heard of such a thing - I wish my job would implement that kind of rule!!!

Pat where are those pics??

Hey there everybody! Boy oh Boy, do I ever feel Sooooooooooo much better! Yesterday I went home early from work...nausea, not much staying down. It had been 6 days since my 2nd fill of 1cc. Then today my Doc took out .4cc, and I feel great!!! I had a small taco bell pintos and cheese for dinner UMMMMMMM YUUUUUUM! Not a single problem, went down great!

On a positive note about the previous 6 days..I lost more weight!!! (now if I can just keep it off!!!! lol!)

I had an absolutely delightful surprise right after my slight unfill, Pat met me and we went to tropical smoothie. The company was great AND the entire large smoothie went down...no issues!

Betty & Sherry, thanks for the info and kind words! (about my fill).

Goodness Pat!!! so many clamoring for those pics!!! You just might have to "pony up" pretty soon , LOL hehehe! YOU LOOK MAAAHVOLUS DAHLING!

Hope everybody's doing great! Eileen, Kat, Mandy, Jesicca, Cindy, Chrispy, Dianne, Anne, and Ooops......I'm sorry if I missed somebody (Lame Brain today!)

WowEEE you look great! when do the tubes go away?

Thanks for the kind words about my uncle. It was good to go home for a quick visit, but it's so nice to be back in my own element!

OK I have a confession...I have been eating like an idiot for the past month and a half and it caught up to me. So I went in for a fill on Tuesday and came out with a slight unfill! WTF I love my Dr, her really is wonderful. Anyway because of all my PBing and sometimes throwing up he wanted to give me a slight unfil send me back to my therapist and to the nutritionist and then go under fluro in 2 weeks and start to fill up again. My attitude is well I did great at 1.6 before I can do good at it again!

Kat I also went to Curves on Monday! My first time in months! It did feel good. I am going to try to go tomorrow after work if I can if not Saturday morning.

I do roll out of bed and on most mornings get on my sationary bike for a bit I try to do 30-40 minutes 4-7 miles, but even if I just get in 2 miles I'm happy.

I am waiting to hear back from my vascular surgeons office with the date of my next leg surgery. URGH I really don't want to do it, but I know I need to!

Got to get back to work.

Diane what info was I suposed to give you I forget, sorry.....

Can't wait to see the final result Pat--looks like you shrunk a bunch!!!! I so wish I was that far---I am going to do it! Looking GREAT!!!

Dianne---I let the day get away from me, and was planning on going, and they close in 15 minutes here, and won't reopen until 3--Lord knows what I will be involved in then!

BBL~~

Kat