Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loving this band for 2008

Hi all,

I just had a birthday a few days ago, and my best gift was getting on the scale and realizing in a week, I had lost 3lbs. My first fill is scheduled for 1/8/08 (banded 11/1/07). So far I love this band. I had a party to Celebrate my birthday and everyone who had not seen me in a while said I looked slimmer (especially my face) and for the first time in years, I was not able to finish a slice off my own birthday cake (I just didn't want to).

As for sex, well, since I have dropped 25lbs, I am more energetic and willing to try "new things." I don't know about you...but 2008 might very well be the best year of my life...

Hope everyone is doing great. Have a wonderful New Year...

I think 2008 is going to be the best year for me in a very very long time!! I will be able to see a ME that I have not been able to see for a very long time. I am hoping to reach my goal by my year anniversary. I know there will be alot of hard work between then and now.

I think I have laid the ground work for success, however. I am going to the gym religiously. I feel so much better for it. I have a cold right now that is kicking my butt.....but I am still working out...LOL

Hats off to all of the November Nymphs and huge successes in 2008!!!

Happy New Year!!

I am very much looking forward to the New Year 2008! I plan to be back in a swimsuit and shorts this summer for the first time in years! I'm so excited to not be wearing long pants all summer long. The first summer where I know the scale is going down and STAYING there!!!

To be able to run and play with my stepkids when they come out to visit again in the summer. To be more active with them by going biking or walking! AND...to be back in to running this summer...good heavens, I love running. Ever since I got too heavy for it, it has been sad for me. But I think running is in my blood - my mom was big into running and has actually done a few mountain marathons in Utah. I so want to do that!

My big goal this year will be to train for the Summit for Life. It's a 2.5 mile race up a ski hill to benefit organ donation. It's not a hardcore RACE race...it's more so that people can do their personal best. I watched a bit of it this year and wanted to do it SO bad...but next year I will be on that hill! With my snow shoes and poles. :scared:

Happy New Year 2008, everybody!

hi its chiqui!!!!! well good for you!!!! happy bday to u!!!! I hear ya the sex is soooo much better!!!! woo!!! Hooo!!!!! for u and for me!!!! i get my first fill tomorrow. cannot wait..... well keep up the great work... keep in touch!!! chiqui

Had my first fill 12-20.went on liquids for 2 days . could feel some restriction then for a little . Appetite is back and so far have kept it under control but need a fill already as No restriction there . Cant wait to get to the point where I feel full on small amts of food.It will make it all worthwhile . Have still lost about 30lbs and feeling better but want it to contine without having to give it so much thought ... Oh well tomorrow is a better day !!!

hey everyone! woop woop to a great 2008! I look forward to better health and well being.

2007 was a rough year. In late 2006 I had gotten married, graduated with my BA and was working my first management position. In 2007 my company closed and I had to lay off about 50 people before losing my own job, I gained back 80 of the 90 I had lost in the 2 years prior. I stopped taking care of myself. I was fortunate to find a new job right away, but was on contract at a much lower rate of pay but then got hired on full time at great pay. My new job and company are awesome but the job is challenging and is making me doubt how awesome I thought I was before... we had to put off buying a home and starting a family. I closed 2007 by getting the lap band surgery as an investment in my family's future.

Life will throw curve balls at you and I'm always ready to take them on. But last year I let myself down. This year I put myself first. Because when I'm first and taking care of my health and my career, it makes me a better wife, a better friend and a better person to everyone around me.

The band is the tool I was missing from my tool belt last year.

Best wishes to all of you bandsters out there! 2008 is going to be my year!

Congratulations Morningoasis!! You sound like you are doing fabulous!! And without a fill hehehehe as I am....I am not filled either....and I am averaging 3.6 lbs per week loss....I am so happy!!

I am glad that you were able to get your surgery and begin this awesome journey and awesome doesn't really come close to how it truly feels to me, I can only imagine how you must be feeling hitting 75......I am waiting for 50.....:)