Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help im New

Hi January bandsters. I get banded jan. 14 I would like to introduce myself. My name is gillian I am not sure how forums work really so if im doing something wrong could someone point me in the right direction. Tring to figure out how to make a sig and a ticker but i don't know how any help would be great. I am extremly nervous about my surgery. I haven't really had time to prepare my surgery was suppose to be in feb. but i was able to be bumped up. I am an open book and love to talk incase you can't tell lol. I would also like to know how to put up pics cause i want to have before and afters eventually.

Thanks for reading

Gillian:clap2:

Hi Gillian, and welcome to the boards! Don't worry, you cannot do anything wrong. First of all, to make a signature, go to the top of this page, and click on "Quick Links". You will then see a slot for "Edit Signature". To get a ticker, go to "TickerFactory.com", and follow the directions there. If you do a search on the boards, someone did a really good tutorial on putting up a ticker, but if you are familiar with cutting and pasting, you should have no problems. When you go to edit you signature, you will see a place to download your photos as well. I personally haven't done that yet, but I imagine it is pretty self explanatory.

I think it is great your surgery got bumped up! Might as well start losing weight ASAP! It is only natural to be nervous. I think as you read through the various boards (especially the Jan. 08 board), you will see everyone gets a attack of nerves as their surgery date gets closer. My date is 1/10, and I am usually OK, but everytime I go to the store to stock up on pre-op and post-op essentials, I start experiencing mini panic attacks!

Hang in there, in the end, once the weight starts dropping off, and you start feeling and looking better, you won't even remember how nervous you were!

Gwenn

Welcome GB-- there are a few threads below that specifically address adding a ticker, etc. Just read through them and follow the directions and you'll be fine.

Hi Gillie,

I'm right behind you. My surgery is Jan 15th. We are all nervous. Its normal. And then we'll be on the other side telling people not to worry. Good luck to you and to all of us.

Hi Gillian,

My surgery date is Jan 15. We're all here to support each other. The boards are a great place to get your questions answered and meet some friendly people. Good luck and keep in touch with the Jan Bandsters!

Jen

hi gillian,

mysurgery date is also Jan. 14th. I am new to the boards and haven't done this much. I am nervous, but also excited and really just want to do it tomorrow! this Atkins type diet i am on for 2 weeks to shrink my liver is the pits. Although I have lost 8lbs. in 6 days i miss my fruit and Pasta. it is helping me to get pumped for the long run though.

I am looking forward to meeting other bandsters and sharing our journey together!

jacksonville, FL