Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Year-end wrap-up - how did you do?

Well, this is it. My last weigh-in for 2007 and I JUST BARELY made it to my end of year goal of 60 lbs lost (really squeaked it in there). But, I'm calling it good. Next goal - 210's by 1/22/08 (my 5 month mark). 6 lbs in 22 days - if I can't do that, something's up!

I haven't been as careful with my eating the past couple of weeks and I know it's messing with my rate of loss. No more excuses after tonight!

How are all of you doing?

Well, this is it. My last weigh-in for 2007 and I JUST BARELY made it to my end of year goal of 60 lbs lost (really squeaked it in there). But, I'm calling it good. Next goal - 210's by 1/22/08 (my 5 month mark). 6 lbs in 22 days - if I can't do that, something's up!

I haven't been as careful with my eating the past couple of weeks and I know it's messing with my rate of loss. No more excuses after tonight!

How are all of you doing?

Yeah!!!:clap2: Good job. Well I have to say that I did really well over the holidays. Despite baking over 100 dozen Cookies, 4 batches of fudge, and 3 batches of divinity I only ate a total of 6 cookes, 2 pieces of fudge, and 1 piece of divinity over 1 week. I would normally have eaten more than that just while in the baking stage. The fill helped a little too! During the holidays (so far! 1 day to go) I have lost 7.5 pounds. Now most of that is due to the fact that I can't eat much, but I am going to take credit, because I could have let this VERY tight fill cause me to eat foods that are really easy to go down, but not nutritious. Instead I just have my meals last 45 minutes so that I can get the good, Protein rich foods down. Despite disliking my job, I will be happy to go back and be in a normal routine again. When I am working I have a very rigid schedule that allows me to get my Water and food in. When I am at home, it is a little more relaxed and I find that I struggle to get in Water. Especially now that it takes so dang long to eat! Well I am off to bake yet another set of Cookies. My BF's boss has a birthday today and he LOVED the Peanut Butter cookies I made, so it was suggested that perhaps I could make another batch for the potluck today. So being the dutiful girlfriend, I am doing just that.

Hope to hear from everyone else.

So Karri,

What's up with that much baking? Holy cow!!!!

That's a terrific loss - congratulations! I'm pondering whether another fill is in order this month. My doc gave me the option of skipping and just coming in Feb for my 6 month postop, but I do have something scheduled, in case I do want to go in.

I don't think my problem is really restriction though - it's my noshing and grazing! I'm taking it easy today but tonight we're going for Indian food and I may allow a bit of flexibility before the new year begins!

I bake for Christmas gifts. It really is the only time of the year that I bake, so friends and family have to wait for the holidays to get anything. I baked a bit more than normal, but my dad was having a party and I did all of the cooking for them. I feel like I am snacking all the time right now, but I am just trying to get some calories in. I really don't like being this restricted. I enjoy the feeling of never being hungry, but I still would like to eat something without always being stuck. I haven't pb'd, but I think I have come close.

Wow! You're a stronger girl than I. I think I'd be nibbling those goodies as I go, so I just skipped it, other than making chex mix for my brother (it doesn't go down well for me anyway), and my secret-recipe truffles (those I DID snitch from a little). I figure it's safest to just fix what I can have and share. I made turkey chili for the family lunch on Xmas eve - definitely band-friendly!

Well here is a little trick I use. I have my capital one finance statements for 17000$ at 24% interest :scared::eek::mad: taped to my fridge and on the cupboard right above the stove. Whenever I want to cheat it usually means that I have to look at one of those two statements to get food. At that point I realize it isn't worth it. I usually just end up grabbing a Water bottle!

That is so funny Karrie. I am really proud of you, doing all that cooking and baking over the holidays and losing all that weight. Not me/ If I had done even half of what you did, I'd be at least 10 pounds more. Now, if I can just quit the grazing...........................

HAVE A GREAT, BLESSED NEW YEAR. AND MAY ALL OUR LOST POUNDS DISAPPEAR FOREVER!!!!

I survived thew holidays pretty good and am happy with m band. I was banded on Aug 30th and so far, 94 lbs are gone, gone for good. Off most of my meds, no more high BP or cholesterol. I'm pushing for my final weigh in goal for the end of March. Did I say that I love my band????

I have to say that this is the first Holiday season that I have lost weight! I see Dr. Bertha on Jan 2nd. I need another fill. This has been great with all your support.

I am to 199:clap2:..........That was my goal to be in the wonderful 1s by the time new years got here.........so now im down 54 pounds .......im sooooo excited!! Ready for the rest to come off though lol..........it will come in time though......congrats on everyones weight loss and good luck on the rest:kiss2:....~April~

Go team go!!!! Great work, everyone!

Happy New Year and Congrats to all on your success!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

As for me....I made it through the holiday parties, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and then on Dec 26...when my guard was down.....cookies. :faint:Then, I turned to dips and cream pies. Now, I did not eat the enormus amounts that I would have devoured in my pre-Lapband days. But....still!!!! Why did I do that? ***Luckily*** I had a few close calls....food being stuck and having terrible pain.

So, I have not weighed myself. My after holiday letdown is bad enough without having to deal with the fact that I may have gained/or not lost any weight.

So, I'm easing back into my Lapband lifestyle, returning to the gym this weekend (working late every night this week....yuk!).

I suppose I need to be thankful for the fact that I could return to work wearing regular clothes and not elastic-waisted clothes like I always had to do after the holidays!!!

I really am having a severe case of post holiday blues this year.......not sure why. Hopefully, getting back on track will do the trick!

Good Luck all!!!! Judi

Everyone is doing so awesome! I am so proud of you all!

purplegirl - Meeting goal for your prom, or even coming close, would be such a huge accomplishment!! I'm pulling for you!!

I am doing really well myself! I just hit a big milestone the other day -75lbs!! I'd love to be in Onederland and -100lbs by my birthday in April. That would be 100lbs in under 8 months! I really had high hopes for the band (obviously or I wouldn't have done all this) but in the back of my mind I was REALLY worried I would fail.

I am sooooooo proud of myself!!! I feel like I have a new lease on life. I'm thinking about things I haven't thought about in a long time and it's exciting but depressing at the same time. I just increased my 401K deductions. I plan to need that money because I'm going to be around for a lonnnnnnnnnng time! I realize that at a pretty young age I had resigned myself to just being fat and unhealthy forever. Most likely die young.

My BF says I've been obsessing about plastic surgery lately. The closer I get to goal the more I realize that my body doesn't even come close to resembling the shape it was at this weight range in my early 20's. Stupid apple shape!

I'm optimistic that 2008 is going to be a great year!!

Do you guys have anything planned that you wouldn't have done before?

This summer we are going to a huge Water park in my area that I've never been brave enough to go to and we're going to Six Flags. Rides at Six Flags are known for not being very fat friendly and I haven't been to an amusement park in years!! (other than my vacation to Disney in Oct)

I'm also hoping to take a cruise or Caribbean vacation next year around this time. Something I've always wanted to do but shied away from because of all the time you spend in a *gasp* bathing suit on that type of vacation!

Candle, I love your enthusiasm. You have had great results and I can totaly relate to feeling like you have a new lease on life. I've lost enough weight now that I am starting to feel like my old self. I had gotten so down on myself and didn't even want to see people because of how bad I felt I looked. I had become way too self conscious and it was a horrible feeling. I'm feeling positive and hopeful again thanks to my weight loss. As for 2008, I plan to get to my goal this year and maintain for the rest of my life. I feel like I really have a lot to look forward to.