Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited/nervous/scared.......

......all at the same time. My surgery date is scheduled for this Thursday, Jan 3rd. I have been doing my preop diet since last Wednesday and have lost about 7 lbs so far. I thought it would be far more of a struggle than it is, but it's actually been rather easy as the Protein keeps me satisfied. I don't even miss all the bad carbs/sugar that I would eat everyday (ok, well maybe a little:biggrin1:)

I keep thinking to myself that be next week at this time I will have had my band for 3 days. I am very nervous/scared about the actual procedure especially since I have not had any type of surgery since 1985. Everyone else seems so excited about getting their bands and I keep dwelling on the "what-ifs?" Deep down, I know this is what I have to do since I have "dieted" my way up to this weight. Since beginning the preop phase and actually being successful, I get twinges of excitement knowing this summer I will actually enjoy walking with my hubby and kids around the neighbothood or having people over to enjoy our new pool and not feel like everyone is staring at me.

Sorry to just ramble, but I had all these thoughts and needed to get them out:)

I think all of your feelings are completely normal and justified. I think we all are excited, and as our surgery date gets closer, a little more nervousness creeps in. Keep focusing on your "future self". The healthier, thinner version of yourself. I think if you focus on the positive outcome of the surgery, it will help shift your focus away from any negative thoughts. Think of all the things you will be able to do as you get closer and closer to your goal weight!

Hey MOMTO3,

I too am a mother of 3 and am waiting on my psyc. evaluation, ekg, and bloodwork. I go to the psyc. on the 11th and will probably get the rest scheduled for that day too.

I can relate to how you are feeling. I am sure it will all be good. We have struggled and now have a tool to help us with where we want to be.

I am sure you will have the support of your family plus all of us here at the forum to help you through. I know I will be looking forward to hearing how the surgery and post op is going. I do not know yet if there is a pre-op diet in store for me. I cannont stomach those liquid drinks and dont know what I am going to do. They will come up quicker than I can get them down.

Best of luck to you and please keep us informed of how your surgery went and the days following.