Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

Congrats BigBaby on completing Wk1!!!

Hope your feeling better TXG, DH and I were talking last night how lucky we've been dodging the Flu Bug (Knock Wood), we're chalking it up to be A whole lot healthy this Season.

So - I'm going for wk 6 today (That is a whole LOT of running), I tested how long I can run non stop yesterday and got to 17mins .. so I think I can handle this....

On a side note: Took a class Sat (Combo Step / Weights / Abs / etc.) w/my BF and we about DIED. She actually counted that we did 125 lunges on EACH leg and 150 squats. My legs are still wobbly, and trying to go to the Loo yesterday took so much Ab strength, I think it was better than doing a million crunches...Anyway - Have a good wk all!!!

Okay I just started this program today on the treadmill. I have a question. For those of you who downloaded the program on your Ipod ...does it go to music? I concentrate way to much on the time. When I do a normal walk I cover the time because it seems to drag on and on and on. I need my music. I felt it would of flown by this morning if I didnt have to stare at the clock. Any suggestions? I dont have a Ipod but am willing to buy one if the program has music to......

Shannon

Yes it is set to music. Like dance and techno music. A voice tells you when it's time to run and when it's time to walk. I like it much better than staring at the clock!

Congrats on getting started!

wombat

I did it - Wk6!!

Got the giggles, was w/DH @the gym and he was more impressed than I was. On top of that realized 2 things today...Size 10's are getting Big & I'm halfway to Goal. Not a good band person - but I am going to have a glass of wine or 2 tonite to celebrate!!!

Yea lulu!!!!! :laugh:

I should be on week 6 with you but I slacked for a couple of weeks :(

I did week 4 today!!! I even up'd my speed to 5.0 for the last minute :smile2:

DH didn't think it was right that I could run as fast as him - especially since he's a foot taller! I was not liking life about 1/2 way though but it felt sooooo good when I got done.

I'm going to learn to love running - I'm going to learn to love running ... :lol:

Happy Tuesday!!

wombat

Thanks Whosya & Wombat - I'm just stoked about running and how much better I'm personally feeling (:ohmy:did have some wine last night)...The scale FINALLY has moved, the up and down of 2lbs over 5wks gets OLD - VERY OLD.

Have a Great evening all....PS: Snowing in WI Whosya???? that pic is Great, but sorta looks fake ****though know differently****

Im starting over again . IM DOING Starting tomorrow I SWEAR ya'll ive been so lazy since i got sick ! Im such a loser ( Not in the way we like either LOL )

Its taking me literally a month to get my energy back.

BUT IM DOING IT !!!

A friend who is a runner sent me this its nice ,,,, INSPIRATION

MEDIA PLAYER

Mindy

Thanks everyone for the congrats... you all are so supportive and encouraging and make me think that I can actually do this...

Today I started week 2--I was surprised at how easy I ran the 90 seconds. (My calfs are still hurting--I went and bought some epson salt to soak in after the runs.) I not sure if I ran so easily because I forgot to put the incline on 1, I looked really cute in my workout gear, or I was chewing Extra gum....whatever the case--I hope it keeps working!!!

Does it make a big difference if I run on a 0 incline? Also--I'm not speedy--so is running for endurance (being able to run the entire time) acceptable?

Does it make a big difference if I run on a 0 incline? Also--I'm not speedy--so is running for endurance (being able to run the entire time) acceptable?

Hey Bigbaby - I am NOT fast *typically 4.1-4.4*, and do not run on an incline. If I'm just walking on the treadmill, I'll kick up the incline - but not on running days (I have enough struggle)..LOL

Anyone still looking for sports bras those "Enell" ones are Fantastic - The girls stay in place:tongue:

Okay I just started this program today on the treadmill. I have a question. For those of you who downloaded the program on your Ipod ...does it go to music? I concentrate way to much on the time. When I do a normal walk I cover the time because it seems to drag on and on and on. I need my music. I felt it would of flown by this morning if I didnt have to stare at the clock. Any suggestions? I dont have a Ipod but am willing to buy one if the program has music to......

Shannon

Findingme, I use an IPOD and my husband was able to group my songs based off the beats per second *so I'm running to the faster songs*...I'll ask him how he did that, I'm lazy technically **I ask him to replace batteries in remotes**. I think somewhere in this thread there a several links to MP3 Download that you may want to check out.

Yeah Mindy!!! Glad your starting back up, DH thinks I'm more accountable to this thread than I am him...HA!!

Did another day of week 4.

This time I up'd my last minute to 6.0 mph!! Holy cow!!

I forgot what number I used last time and I thought the 5.0 felt a little slow and that I could run a little faster.

Who knew - I'm well on my way to becoming a jogger!

Have a FABULOUS Thursday!!!

wombat

Did another day of week 4.

This time I up'd my last minute to 6.0 mph!! Holy cow!!

I forgot what number I used last time and I thought the 5.0 felt a little slow and that I could run a little faster.

Holy Crap!! 6.0 - that is Fantastic, man I'm a slow poke...LOL

Heading out to do wk 6 again - Starting to feel good about running long term, even when at goal..Take Care~

LULU - I'm impressed that you are on week 6!!!! You're a real jogger now!! I, too, hope to do this forever. I don't have a love for it when I'm doing it but I feel fantastic when I get done!

My biggest concern is just the distance and time! I am not trying to increase speed until after I get through the program.

I am running at 4.4 and walking at 3.0. I just push it for that last final minute. lol, I am not trying to get to running that hard the whole time!! I'm 5'0" tall so I think that was about the max I can take with my short legs.

I may up the running to 4.5 just because I find myself crowding the front and it's harder to keep myself back than it is to go up one more notch. Does that make sense? Maybe that's how you know you need to speed up - I don't know. I started at 4.3 running and moved it up when I had the same issue before.

How do y'all know when to up your speed?

Happy running!

wombat