Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Im having second thoughts.

Hi All,

I'm just in the beginning stages of thinking of going through with this and it is scarey, especially when I'm thinking of going out of the country which is what I'm thinking of.. going to Mexico to have the procedure done.. I'm in Canada..with the extreme cold here you'd think my mouth would freeze shut, but alas, my mouth is never closed long enough for that to happen..lol

Am I crazy going to Mexico? Does anyone have any last words before I actually talk myself out of this.. I'm really desperate and am sick of feeling like crap...:lol:(

I also need to know if my Hiatus hernia is giong to be a issue.. I am guessing it will have to be fixed or tied down in order to have the band.. :)(

Tired of the heartburn too..

BGP

Generally your surgeon will repair the hiatal hernia at the time of the lap band surgery. That's what mine did for both me and my husband.

You're not crazy going to Mexico, but there are things you need to think about. I would go back to my mexican surgeon in a heartbeat, but i am close enough to drive there, plus I am retired so my time is not running through a meter. I can go to Tijuana for fills or if I have any concerns about my health regarding the band.

Hi All,

I'm just in the beginning stages of thinking of going through with this and it is scarey, especially when I'm thinking of going out of the country which is what I'm thinking of.. going to Mexico to have the procedure done.. I'm in Canada..with the extreme cold here you'd think my mouth would freeze shut, but alas, my mouth is never closed long enough for that to happen..lol

Am I crazy going to Mexico? Does anyone have any last words before I actually talk myself out of this.. I'm really desperate and am sick of feeling like crap...:lol:(

I also need to know if my Hiatus hernia is giong to be a issue.. I am guessing it will have to be fixed or tied down in order to have the band.. :)(

Tired of the heartburn too..

BGP

Hello I'm also from Canada and I am getting banded in Mexico. WE can wait 4 yrs on the waiting list. (if we're accepted) Go to Toronto and pay 16000.00 plus flights hotels and such (since insurance doesn't cover the lapband) or we can go elsewhere. Its half the cost in mexico and if you do your research theres some great docters there with lots of experience. Hell they trained the Docters in the states. AS for finding a docter in canada for your fills and any other issues, find one here before you go and have your surgury. I found one without any problem. He's only been trained in the lap band for a couple years but that pretty standard for docs in Canada. Good luck. Just do your reseach and stay positive.

Jeremy,

What's the latest? Everything okay. I'm 23 days post-op now and I'm okay. I'm not a fan of the liquid Protein diet, but I'm happy with the results. As of today, 43 lbs. are gone after 27 days since I started dieting. I realize this is unusual. I know it probably has a lot to do with how severely my calories are restricted and how well my metabolism is working. Plus I drink a lot of Water. I haven't been too hungry. I think the Water helps suppress that. Anyway, I hope you're doing fine. The first week was rough for me.

Great posting, Miss... !

I only have one slight difference of opinion on whether food is LIKE a drug for some of us.

I believe that food IS the drug of choice for MOST of us, maybe even ALL of us.

I use it to calm down when I'm stressed.

I use it to feel happy when I'm sad.

I use it to Celebrate when I'm happy.

I use it to feel SOMethiNG when I'm bored and feeling nothing.

Sounds like a drug to me.

So I need counseling to find a non-eating way to handle my emotions, don't I/we? :smile:

Great posting, Miss... !

I only have one slight difference of opinion on whether food is LIKE a drug for some of us.

I believe that food IS the drug of choice for MOST of us, maybe even ALL of us.

I use it to calm down when I'm stressed.

I use it to feel happy when I'm sad.

I use it to Celebrate when I'm happy.

I use it to feel SOMethiNG when I'm bored and feeling nothing.

Sounds like a drug to me.

So I need counseling to find a non-eating way to handle my emotions, don't I/we? :smile: