Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Won't Be Fat & Forty! Dang it!!!

:)Whoops! I realized I really should have introduced myself before throwing questions out there. I am just so excited. Please forgive me?

I am 39, live in Glendale, AZ and I'm married. I have 4 kids but the older 2 are all grown and out of the nest. Our oldest daughter just made us grandparents, which is the coolest thing on earth. We have 2 more at home,15 and 6. The 6 yr old has special needs. We have our hands full. This is even more reason why I need to finally get control of my weight and healthy. I have been afraid to get on the scale lately but hold on....I'll be right back. Oh My! I am now up to 233. That's an all time high. :faint:I have only lost a lot of weight once before. That was of course, right before I got pregnant with our 6 year old. I was also very sick with Graves' Disease too so that helped alot. Once they killed my thyroid, I gained it all back plus some. I truly want to be a good example to my daughters. I want to play with my kids and grand kids and not lose my breath. I want to paint my own toe nails. I want to be the "hot" wife on the company trips. I look young and I want to feel it too. I want to be 145ish and healthy. I can eat well but even when I do, I eat more than I should. I just can not hit 40 in June and still be over weight and sick and tired. Ya know?

You all are such an inspiration at every stage you are at. Thanks for sharing your stories. 2007 has been the worst year of my life, except for the grandbaby, and I just know that 2008 is going to be a year of renewal. Take care and Bless ya all!!!

Michelle

Welcome Michelle~

What a wonderful bunch of reasons to be banded!

I will tell you---it will change your life! I run and play with my grandbabies, and love every second of it----well ok maybe not every second, when they are into things....love may be pushing it!!

You will have so much more energy and feel a renewed sense of accomplishment....even if you have not made it to goal by the big 4-0....it will come, and you will be so proud of taking charge of your life again!

Hang out with us, let us get to know you--ask any questions you have, bring up any concerns....feel free to just jump in with questions! If any of them fail to be answered ask again, sometimes this board moves pretty fast and it may have gotten buried quickly!

There are some amazingly smart and successful bandsters here, they can help you more than you know!!!

Welcome to LBT!

And here is to an awesome 2008!!

Kat

Michelle:

I just turned 37 in November and have set up my seminar and consult for the 2nd week of January ... because like you, I refuse to be fat and 40!

Although I am not married and have no children, I just couldn't find any more excuses .. I'm going to change my life, change my body and change my future.

Good luck to you ...

Tang

Hi there. I live in NM and frequent the Phoenix (and suburbs) often. My son lives in Maricopa. You didn't say if you have settled on a physician but looking at previous notes I take it you are just starting on your journey too? I am just beginning and would love to compare notes as we do this. Are you using an insurance or is that why you are looking at Mexico more closely? I was hoping for a physician in the Phoenix area so I could stay with my son but my insurance will only pay for one in El Paso or one in Lubbock so I will travel to Texas if I get approved.

Hi there. I live in NM and frequent the Phoenix (and suburbs) often. My son lives in Maricopa. You didn't say if you have settled on a physician but looking at previous notes I take it you are just starting on your journey too? I am just beginning and would love to compare notes as we do this. Are you using an insurance or is that why you are looking at Mexico more closely? I was hoping for a physician in the Phoenix area so I could stay with my son but my insurance will only pay for one in El Paso or one in Lubbock so I will travel to Texas if I get approved.

I am going to be self paying so I think I have settled on Mexico due to expense. I do know of I doctor here but I will need to get the name.