Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutrisystem

arkie

Has anyone used Nutrisystem after the lapband? :hungry:

I am thinking hard about placing an order so I would love to hear if anyone has gone on the system and how did you do with it?

Its a lot of money to spend if it doesn't work well with the lapband.

Thanks, and Happy New Year

I thought about it as well, for myself it would depend on a few factors. How much of thier food would the individual with the band get 'stuck' on? Are the size of thier meals over the doctor recommended amount? Is the food that they provide healthy for the dietary concerns of a person who has had lap-band or WLS?

last year I did nutrisystem for 6 months

1st 3 months-lost 25 lbs(total)

2nd 3 months--stayed same for 2 months then gained 7

I was doing it exactly like they said

1. severe heartburn!!!! severe gas(all soy)

more expensive than they lead you to believe

they change all the time--and say they are getting new stuff--get rid of ALL the old before they send the new--you just get a short order. New customers get preference in shipping

I tried it before the band. I didn't lose anything :)

I can only eat so much Tomato or chili based items and that seems to be the majority of what they had. Of course everything was soy as previously mentioned. It just was not worth the cost. I could do just as well with healthy frozen dinners.

Good luck to you!

I thought about trying it, the commercials look nice and I looked at the menu and it looks like I'd find things I like.

But my uncle has been doing nutrisystem (luckily for me), so I got to see what it's really like. On top of the expensive food system (which I justified since that's what I'd spend a month in food anyway) you DO have to buy other foods! Like salads, fruits, etc. So then it would be too expensive for me. And since my uncle is doing it, I've looked through what they sent him. Portions are right for bandsters, but.. the food looked horrible. Powdered eggs..and he has a lot of italian that look like chef-boyardee which is nasty IMO. So.. I decided to pass on it personally.

Oh and my uncle isn't losing weight, he's steadily gaining. But he's also an alcoholic, and we all know about the calories in alcohol, so I don't blame the system for it necessarily.

I am thinking hard about placing an order so I would love to hear if anyone has gone on the system and how did you do with it?

Hi , I went for my second fill today, I lost 1 pound during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Not much but at least I didn't gain any.

I also ask Dr. H. about dieting and he said it wasn't something I had to do that once the band was working that would take care of how much I eat but I could diet if I wanted to. I have about decided to try Weight Watchers but then again, not sure about this either, Dr. said he felt like the monthly support groups will help as much as a diet would.

Arkie~Don't order Nutrasystem- it tastes like poo... My husband & I ordered it last Jan. 2007 (before I was banded this Aug.) & when we sent it all back the guy at the Post office asked us if we had anything toxic in the packages & my husband answered ~"only if you eat it!!!"

Anyhow- if you think you need food control- Jenny Craig has the best tasting food of all the Diet programs I've tried & they were about the cheapest. All I can say about Nutrasystems is that if you can stay on that stuff then you must be able to eat dirt..Plus, there is no way can stand that forever!!!.. I know that Tori Spelling is touting it now but don't let that fool you -it's absolutely horrible & with all her money why she doesn't just do that instant gormet food delivery like all the other stars do makes me really wonde rif she is crazy or just wants endorsement money....... Lawbing3!

I have a bunch of food fron NS that I decided to eat after I get good restriction. So far I haven't wanted it. It is pretty nasty and looks even worse than it tastes. The reasons I quit was because I was gassy, I never felt satisfied and I didn't like it.

tried ns last year--3 months lost 25--next three months--lost 0--then started gaining all back +5--quit that!! it has tons of soy in it and gave both hubby and I bigtime heartburn

Mary