Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow! Is that my liver shrinking???

Here we go! Day TWO of my "10 day incredible race to shrink my liver" diet is underway. It's going pretty well so far. Can't say I'm not hungry, but I'm keeping my eye on the Prize, eating lots of Protein and drinking gallons (well--seems like) of Water. Protein seems to be the key in fending off major hunger. I'm tracking everything at thedailyplate.com and I had 161 grams of protein yesterday and about 1100 calories which is probably 20-25% of norm for me (no sugar--very low carb). I've done this sort of thing before and it usually gets a bit easier after the first 2-3 days. Hope that's true this time. I can feel myself shedding liquid already as well-- my wedding ring can actually move around on my finger. This is doable as so many before me have shown, but I need to take it one day at a time.

My doc once told me that the 40s is generally one's "decade of decision" and that we reap what we have sown after that. I lost large quantities of weight 2-3 times in my 40s but turned 50 in September at nearly my highest weight ever. In the last few months it has been amazing how the aches and pains and heartburn, etc. have cropped up so I'm hoping to get things turned around with my new best band-friend.

We're all gettiing close-- will be fun to share our experiences and encourage one another.

:clap2:

Hang in there.

Jim

Jim -

I started my pre-surgery diet on Wednesday, December 19. Dr. basically wanted me to do the Atkins diet. So I have been slamming back meat and cheese. Christmas was hard - damn I wanted some brownies! - but I am so proud of myself for sticking to it. My surgery is Jan. 2 - scared as hell - but gonna go through with it!

Good luck to you!

Racetrackweary

Jim -

I will definately post and let you know how everything goes. To me the "fear of the unknown" is the worst thing I am dealing with now. I had surgery in '05 (was in surgery for 6 hours) - I have to keep telling myself that if I can go through that, I can go through anything. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and almost talked myself out of it. The crap that does through my head - like "I can do this on my own" (ya right, like all the other times you've successfully lost weight). So - whew - 4 days away! I can do this!!

RTW

On day 13 of my liquid pre phase and when I mix Carnation Instant Breaksfast, sugar free, with Isopure chocolate with 2 carbs, it tastes like an incredible milkshake. Had three of those, and some broth with veggies today. 825 calories for the day, about 100 grams of Protein.

33 hours to go to surgery.....

On day 13 of my liquid pre phase and when I mix Carnation Instant Breaksfast, sugar free, with Isopure chocolate with 2 carbs, it tastes like an incredible milkshake. Had three of those, and some broth with veggies today. 825 calories for the day, about 100 grams of Protein.

33 hours to go to surgery.....

Go Girl We are there for you!

That is awesome Chrisann! Can't wait to hear from you on the "other side." I am finishing up Day 3 and doing fine. Not easy, but OK. Keeping the Protein going along with lots of liquids makes a difference.

BTW-- thanks for the boxing smiley. As you can see, I have "borrowed" it from you.

Jim

I was looking for a boxing smiley! I hope you don;t mind if I use that in my sig as well.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow Chrisann! Hope everything goes well!

Isn't that a cool smilie? I saw it on another sports board I am a moderator on and then found it here.

Red I think your fonts are too big, that may be why.

Thanks everyone!

I wasn't able to find it among the LBT smileys (perhaps just missed it) and since I already had a sig pic I had a hard time figuring out how to add the boxer. Finally had to save it to an image hosting site and then it let me insert it in my sig from there. As i said in another post that may be more difficult than it needs to be, but it seems like I often take the long way around things. You ought to see me try to fix the plumbing!

What a wonderful post, Jim.

Just today, I started my "shrink it down" diet. I'm a procratinator and a yo-yo dieter, so I just sort of held off through the holidays and started today. I'm not following anything in particular, but will just keep the calories as low as possible, probably under 800/day. Fortunately, I'm proficient at losing 10 pounds - - but but getting beyond that and keeping it off is a whole other story!

I'm looking forward to "looking" better, but that's just a sife effect. As you said, the aches and pains kick up at a certain age. I'm only 46, but feel 80. I'm looking forward to being able to stoop over and pick up my grandbabies without pain someday!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to being your pen pal!

Welcome aboard! You're going to do great with the band. All we New Year's Knockouts will!

I'm on Day 4 now. Today is going well and thank goodness my DW is there to help me with the meal prep. etc. I went too long before eating lunch and really felt myself lose energy (and get cranky). Keep the Protein high-- that's a key to making it through this. We're playing cards tonight and there will be LOTS of food and drink so it will be a challenge for sure.

Jim