Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:clap2:hey tracy its rebellerina remember me ,I had my surgery on the 28th it was at 12:00 it took one hour and they found a hital hernia i ended up staying overnight i just got home at 5:00 haven't had gas pain yet should i have had some already ??? keep me posted tracy

Hi Rebellerina!

I was wondering how you were doing! How are you feeling? How is the pain? Be so glad that you dont have the gas-its awful!

Keep me posted on how you are doing! Tracey

tracey congrats.. it's sunday so hope your feeling great I was banded on the 13th of this month and other than the occasional shoulder pain I feel great. You will to just remember to move when you can and stop when you need to and sip sip sip WITHOUT a straw. Good luck to you Your gonna do GREAT!

Welcome and congratulations to all the new banders. I had a really good run with mine, no real side effects so if you are feeling good then you should continue to do so (of course don't take my word for it).

Congrats on a sucessful surgery Tracey.. I am getting banded tomorrow morning.. I am super nervous and am almost having second thoughts.. Is this normal or am I just crazy? lol.. I guess its just fear of the unknown..Please help me get through this:help:

Congrats on a sucessful surgery Tracey.. I am getting banded tomorrow morning.. I am super nervous and am almost having second thoughts.. Is this normal or am I just crazy? lol.. I guess its just fear of the unknown..Please help me get through this:help:

TOTALLY NORMAL! Most of us have all the same fears about surgery. We know there is some risk and that's scares us, but lots of things in life and worth doing are scary.

March Forward! In 24 hours it will all be behind you!

Thank u so much.. In my heart I know what I have to do to be healthier for me and my family.. I just want it over and done with so I can be healthy and active for my kids.. I just wish I knew what to expect. U understand cuz u were me not long ago.. Thanks again 4 the support!!:)

Crystal, Remember your journey will start after the surgery, but it's not necessarily going to be a quick trip.

There will be the possible post op surgery pain/gas to deal with for the first few days, plus a restricted post op diet to follow and then the fill process. Fill, get tight, become loose, get another fill and repeat, until you hit your right spot.

Not trying to be a downer for you, but really want you mentally prepared. For me, being mentally prepared for the process has been very helpful.

Good Luck. Check in when your surgery is complete.

I was banded on the 28th as well. More pain than I thought. A little nausea, but not too bad. I was planning on going back to work on Thursday, but I don't know about that now!

Hi Tracy I also was banded December 28th I actually feeling fine a little gas pains and naueasa I'm using gasx strips and for the nausea in the hospital they gave a couple shots. Last night I had really bad shoulder pain used heating pad the pain got better. I started to go out to special service at church but decided against it I'm feeling a little soar I do have a little hunger pains I have Clear Liquids Jello opitfast and popsicles Girl you sould as if you are during great keep up the good work. My was 245 going into surgery.

HI Tracey,

I had my band on Friday. I have lots of gas pain as well. I'm still unable to drink more than a teaspoon of Water at a time. However, the stomach muscle pain has gotten a lot less.

Hey, all I can say is welcome to every one of you!! Man, the hospitals must have been hopping all over the US!!!

Everyone, take good care of yourselves.... :eek:

i felt like i had been in a kife fight for the first 2 days, on the third day i felt alot better, and the forth day i felt great