Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my band! Dr. said it only took 30 minutes. I was surprised how much pain I have in the stitches area. It was awful! Im on lots of meds, and hoping by Sunday it will subside.

God is good to me-no nausea or anything else!

So far so good.

Anyone else 'banded' today? Tracey

Congrats, Princesstracey!!!! What a GREAT way to begin 2008!!! Were you able to get the pain meds in liquid form? Hope so, and that they help with the pain soon!

I am just in the beginning stages of the dr appts before getting the band and just discovered the website. Thanks for sharing with everyone ! Best Wishes!

I was banded yesterday as well...my diary is in the Dec 07 board under Roberta's lapband. Congrats on making it to the other side!! :rolleyes:

Tracey:

Glad to hear it's going well. Welcome to bandland. Take care and remember, you're healing, need to baby yourself for a few days.

Take care.

Sue

So Tracey - did you wind up confessing about your pre-op cheating? I'm really worried about mine, and I don't know if I should be!

Thanks for the kind words!

No, I didn't 'confess.' I know, bad....

But none the less, the doctor said it was one of his most uncomplicated surgeries ever! He said that it was a simple 40 minute procedure.

If I had known that, I probably would have eaten more-ha! Just Kidding!:hungry:

Bert99-How are you doing?

Hm, my doctor says I have a fatty liver to start with... did your doc ever say that to you?

How do you feel on your second day? Congratulations :rolleyes:

Hm, my doctor says I have a fatty liver to start with... did your doc ever say that to you?

How do you feel on your second day? Congratulations :rolleyes:

If your doctor already knows you have a fatty liver ( they can tell from elevated LFT test ( liver function test) part of the blood work usually done and sometimes confirmed with an ultrasound) then please follow the pre-op instructions. It will make the surgery easier for your DR and reduce possible complications from the enlarged liver in the way.

It's kind of like later, you'll have to help your band do it's job and right now you need to help the surgeon do his/her job to get you to Bandland!

Hi Tracey and Roberta. Congratulations on you surgeries. I was banded yesterday, also. I was in my room by 11:00am. All went very well for me. I had not pain at all, i was up and walking around immediately and all throught the day and night. I did take pain med twice yesterday, just in case and i took a dose just before i left the hospital. I'm home now and i feel great so far. I wish you all the best and keep me informed on your progress.

I had my band put in yesterday and am getting ready to go to the mall and walk. I got back to my hotel room at about 10 this morning--yesterday went so easy for me. They automatically came in and gave me pain meds yesterday afternoon and last night--I'm now on an oral pill. Very little gas so far.

I hope I'm not "jinxing" myself--but I feel great!!

Mary

Dr. Arturo Rodriguez/Monterrey

12/28/07

Hi Tracey, so far i've had no pain at all, and i haven't had any gas, but I think i may be getting a little about now. But so far nothing. Mary congrats to you and I'm glad to hear you are doing very well. Like you, I'm on my way to market anf pharmacy. I can't seem to find any of the lortab med but cvs said they have a little and can order it and give me enought to hold me over. Thank God I'm not in any pain, lol.