Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me about that 1st full day you were home

I am day 3 post-op today. Surgery day was really rough-a lot of pain. Yesterday was better-but still a lot of pain.

I took a walk, sat a lot. Really laid low.

Gas is actually the worst part.

If you are a tummy sleeper, Princesstracey, try getting onto your tummy. It might hurt a bit at first, but last night was the first full night of sleep I've had, and it was on my tummy.

I think the pressure of laying on tummy also relieved LOTS of gas. I was a little round "tuba" this morning!

Good for you! I read you had the surgery for your girls. I will be having my surgery next week, on the 4th. Any last minute advice? Would you do it again? I think, there is no question in my mind. I have struggled with losing weight my entire life, just pray I won't be hurting to much!

weight.png

If you are a tummy sleeper, Princesstracey, try getting onto your tummy. It might hurt a bit at first, but last night was the first full night of sleep I've had, and it was on my tummy.

I think the pressure of laying on tummy also relieved LOTS of gas. I was a little round "tuba" this morning!

LOL, good idea!

I was never in any pain, other than my shoulder/back from anesthesia, and I used two king-sized heating pads that gave me about the only relief I could find. For me, it wasn't painful. It was just misery, bloating, nausea, dry heaves, diarrhea, fever. Really disgusting feeling, but no pain.

I will be having my surgery next week, on the 4th. Any last minute advice? Would you do it again? I think, there is no question in my mind. I have struggled with losing weight my entire life, just pray I won't be hurting to much!

Would I do it again. Today? 3 days after surgery? NO.. I wouldn't, but then I'm in pain!!!

Ask me that same question about a month from now, and I will more than likely tell you YES.. I would do it all over again. Right now is not a good time.

Last minute advice? Gas-x strips, and follow your dr.'s instructions to the letter!!!!!!! The gas comes from being under anesthesia. Your body sort of stops for a while and when it gets going again, gas happens in your intestinal tract.

Good for you! I read you had the surgery for your girls. I will be having my surgery next week, on the 4th. Any last minute advice? Would you do it again? I think, there is no question in my mind. I have struggled with losing weight my entire life, just pray I won't be hurting to much!

Would I do it again? YUP. I just don't think I will do a Tummy Tuck later on......

Well I have lost almost 10 pounds in three days. The pain is much better today. PEPPERMINT TEA IS A GODSEND!! It is now just being uncomfortable. The gas pains have subsided and are now only on one shoulder. I took some stool softeners so things are moving so to speak finally.

What i don't want to have to do again is a thirty day clear liquid fast..... :) I'm on day three of that one. BLECH.

Wow, I must be one of the lucky ones. I definitely am a wimp when it comes to pain. I have a known low tolerance for it. But I didn't find this surgery painful at all. I came home from surgery the day of. Spent most of the day in my recliner recieving help (ha!) from my husband. He slept on the sofa. The second day, I was slow but up and around and so happy to take a shower. After that, things have been dandy. I have had gas, but let it out.

The only true pain I have had was when I ate too much cottage cheese. I couldn't eat the rest of the day. I was stuffed. That was it. Good luck.Think positively!

Ginger,

Thanks for asking the question - I'm scheduled in 4 days. PLEASE post after the surgery to let us know how you are doing.

Shirley

i just had mine done 5 days ago

i thought i was gonna die!

i had so much pain i had to stay overnight in the hosp!

i just now feel like eating anything and the dehydration made me sicker.

i was nauseated and just wanted to be left alone.....

i guess eveyone is different though because two other women who had theirs on the same day were out laughing in the recovery room and walking around. i could not even move.

now i am back on my feet but still have some pain.

i greatly underestimated the post op discomfort......

:faint:

Ginger,

Thanks for asking the question - I'm scheduled in 4 days. PLEASE post after the surgery to let us know how you are doing.

Shirley

I will Shirley. I plan to keep my laptop in my bedroom with me just to have contact with the outside world!

I slept a lot my first day home because of the liquid percoset they gave me for the pain. I made the mistake of not taking in enough liquid and got terribly dehydrated :party:

The first couple of days are tough just with the adjustment alone. I would definitely suggest taking any help you have available to you.

...god I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one with gas troubles. They didn't start till yesterday! I feel like my soul purpose in life is to produce gas! LOL!

Time to pick up some gas-x!

I slept a lot my first day home because of the liquid percoset they gave me for the pain. I made the mistake of not taking in enough liquid and got terribly dehydrated :party:

The first couple of days are tough just with the adjustment alone. I would definitely suggest taking any help you have available to you.

I think you might be right. I think it is hard when someone is watching your kids for you, I feel responsible to help but that is what she is coming for. I need to let go of control of that and just let myself rest.