Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm Sherri and I eat junk food

SIGH. Dang chocolate... brittle... pringles!!!

For all the good of the band, these things just slip right through.

Anyway, here's my info:

Banded: 4/15/2005

Dr. John Bagnato, Albany, GA

Weight when WLS saga started: 282

Weight at time of surgery: 262

Lowest weight since surgery: 219

Current weight: 232

Fills: 4 good fills, 2 emergency unfills

Sherri - I'm right there with you. These holidays have been terrible on my resolve. Doesn't help that I have absolutely no restriction at the moment and all the local fill docs are completely booked. Oh well, I have a fill scheduled in a couple weeks. It just hard working on will-power alone this time of year.

PS - Good to see another new "old-timer" from 2005. We should start a thread to help with support for those with the band more than 2 years. Don't get me wrong I love the enthusiasm of the "newbies" they frequently help kick my own lagging motivation up the rear and get me moving again on this path but sometimes it is also good to talk to someone else that understands what I'm going through at this stage of the game.

sherri, when you say emergency unfill. what caused it

SC

banded

12/26/07

It was a fill that was too much. My first fill was .50, and I didn't make it out of the parking lot without feeling like I was drowning. She removed .25, and I left for home (3 hours away). I dealt with constant PBing for a day, then couldn't even keep Water down. I went back for an unfill, and she put back in .10. Six months later, we tried again with .25, and this time I stuck around town for awhile. Again, had to have the .25 removed and .10 put in. I think my stoma is just really sensitive to fills and if irritated, it swells.:tired

Sherri - I'm right there with you. These holidays have been terrible on my resolve. Doesn't help that I have absolutely no restriction at the moment and all the local fill docs are completely booked. Oh well, I have a fill scheduled in a couple weeks. It just hard working on will-power alone this time of year.

PS - Good to see another new "old-timer" from 2005. We should start a thread to help with support for those with the band more than 2 years. Don't get me wrong I love the enthusiasm of the "newbies" they frequently help kick my own lagging motivation up the rear and get me moving again on this path but sometimes it is also good to talk to someone else that understands what I'm going through at this stage of the game.

Wow!!! You've done great! You've lost 93 lbs! That is awesome!

I think the problem is that when you're 2 years out, and you see all these newbies who have met their goal in less than a year, you just get back in that mindset of "woe is me, I'll never lose this weight!" which helps you eat that dang Publix chocolate covered brittle, which I swear is CRACK.

I just heard from Dr. Bagnato's office. They want me to come down for an x-ray. I'll call Monday and get it scheduled.

Sherri

quote=Sherrirbgr -

Wow!!! You've done great! You've lost 93 lbs! That is awesome!

Thanks though it doesn't always feel like I've done well. Especially since I'm still sitting at a weight gain nearly 3 months after my Tummy Tuck, which should have made me 10 pounds lighter. UGHHH!

I think the problem is that when you're 2 years out, and you see all these newbies who have met their goal in less than a year, you just get back in that mindset of "woe is me, I'll never lose this weight!"

I know what you mean about beating yourself up. Still sometimes the newbies can also be a good motivator as well.

...which helps you eat that dang Publix chocolate covered brittle, which I swear is CRACK.

My "CRACK" was cookie dough icecream but has moved to French Truffles. YUMMM.. the first time I ate one of those I swear I was moaning like I was in the "bedroom". These are nothing like those chocolate flavored wax balls sold by lindt or lindor, these are soft chocolate butter balls rolled in cocoa powder and taste like ambrosia. Lord help me! My only saving grace may be that I've only been able to find them at those temporary Hickory Farm Stores you see around Christmas.

I just heard from Dr. Bagnato's office. They want me to come down for an x-ray. I'll call Monday and get it scheduled.

What is the X-Ray for? Are you worried you have slipped? Keep us posted.

TheGhOst,

I see your from KC, I'm seeing Dr. Malley in KC Jan. 2nd. Being self pay I'm looking for the best deal, Mexico is out and "discount Dr's" scare me. Have heard of some practicing in one state when they (or their assistant) have lost their liscense in another!!!

You paid about $1,000 less than I'm looking at paying. Where & who did your surgery? Thanx in advance