Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugar Land bandsters?

Does anyone know if there is a support group available in the Sugar Land area? I was banded on November 16 and have been going to my Dr.'s support group, but it only meets twice a month.

Hi! I've been wondering the same thing. I live in Sugar Land and was banded 11/20/07 by Dr. Spivak.

How are you doing?

Hi, Jill, nice to talk to you! I have lost about 30 lbs (hard to tell for sure since I'm bloated--don't you just love this time of the month?) I had my second fill on Thursday. I'm up to 5.5cc in an 11 cc band, omnipac.

I have been going to Dr. Spivak's support group, but it's only twice a month, and I LOVE it, and definitely thrive on the support of those who know and have been there. I was hoping to find another group closer to home (I live in rural Ft. Bend County) that might meet on the "in-between" weeks to help me stay motivated! It's been hard making it through the holidays without them, and I think that's why I hit a brick wall and had to have the second fill. One thing is for sure, I'm DEFINITELY feeling the restriction now! woohoo!

I am going to go to Dr. Spivak's next support group. I haven't been to one yet. I definitely think it will help. I look forward to meeting you there.

The next meeing is January 15th. They have moved the start time back to 6:30ish because we have to leave the office by 8pm. Park in the lot on Binz facing the medical building, it is free now. The lot managers asked that no one put money in the boxes at night any more.

There is a group that meets 1 or 2 Saturday's a month at Hwy 6 and Brooks road. I think it meets at a hospital.

I will try and find the information on it and post it later.

There is a group that meets 1 or 2 Saturday's a month at Hwy 6 and Brooks road. I think it meets at a hospital.

I will try and find the information on it and post it later.

Sugar Land Support Group

Sugar Land Surgical Center

All bandsters are welcome!

One Saturday per month.

Next meeting is Saturday July 26th at 11:30am

Led by Sandybuff, a nurse, and a nutritionist.

Directions: Hwy 6 to Brooks Street. Turn onto Brooks street and take medical center's entrance. Drive around the right to the back and look for the surgical center awning. Meeting is in the lounge and there are folks to direct you. There is also an informational meeting for nonbanded folks at 10:30am. Some also stay for the support group.

Email Sandybuff directly if you would like a reminder email at sgbuff@...

No, its open to anyone! It is actually posted on our local houston area bandsters yahoo group by the nurse who leads it.