Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The reality of pictures

I have the complete opposite problem. I think I look exactly the same in the mirror as I always did, yet when I see photos I see a huge difference.

Another thing I want to add is that as you get smaller it takes less weight to make a difference in how you look. When I was 280 I looked pretty much the same as I did at 250 but now that I am under 200, 10 pounds makes a difference.

It is taking just as long for my mind to wrap around the loss as it did for it to wrap around the original fat.

I just told this story in another thread---but it is so true, and was so traumatizing at the time!

I was walking through the mall, feeling as normal as always when I caught sight of a woman coming at me, wearing the same shirt I was, I was appalled that I wore the same thing as that fat woman---hoping I looked better in mine, I found it embarrassing to be wearing her same shirt! Imagine my embarassment now when I realized it was a mirror, and the fat woman was me! From that day forward, I knew without question I was fat! I changed overnight! My wardrobe changed, how I carried myself changed---I woke up to the fact I was fat. I had been there buying the next size up clothes all along, I had layed in bed with the belly hanging all over--------but in my mind, I was still ok, still normal. Til the day in the mall!

Now....I have people tell me I look great....and people in shock at how much I have lost. I see pictures, and can see the change in ways. Yet when I hit the stores, I still reach for the 2X to try on. I used to wear a 3-4X so in my mind the 2X is successful---but in reality an XL is fine now. I just have not had that defining moment yet....that turned me around before, I am looking forward to the change going this way---I would love to have my prior confidence back.

Kat

Thanks for all the responses. I know in my head that I've lost weight. It's hard to not be impatient, though. The weight didn't happen overnight, so the thinner won't either. I'll just keep takng those damn pics. One day, I'll see the difference

Taking pictures is the only way I can see a difference. I am still not happy with what I see in the mirror or on the photo, but I am getting there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches