Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am fuming with my Doctor's office !!!

I just received a call from my dr's office that they need to cancel my adjustment appointment for tomorrow morning.

Bummer, but OK things come up my Dr. is a general surgeon working out of the hospital too, so she might be in surgery.

So then I ask to be rescheduled ~duh!~ The girl acted so surprised and told me that they have appointments for New Years Eve and would that work for me?

Simply I have friends coming in from out of town that I don't get to see very often, and I am one of the few people who feels discomfort after a fill (mild cramping) so that's a no go.

Then I ask for anytime in January with any of their 4 doctors and she tells me that it is an "impossibility" !!! She might have something Thursday February 1st.

It took every once of patience that I have to let he know that this was unacceptable. with the exception of 12/31 I was free every morning and would like to come in any day.

Then she got snippy with me saying "well I am going to keep your appointment for tomorrow, but it might just be a wait."

I've had a wait in this office before 3 hours!!!! Only to then be sent into an exam room, put on a gown and told the doctor is not coming. go home. Not to mention how this plays havoc with making child care arrangements!

I can't believe how uncooperative they are being.

What dr does everyone else in the NYC area use?

A whole month? Wow! I would do it on the 31st anyway. I have no patience to wait a whole month. And something that takes 5 min.?

I hate the way they make us sit in that examination room to wait again.

Dr. Ren at NYU is my surgeon. Granted, it isn't easy to get an appointment, but I've never been told that I have to wait a month before the next available appt!!

Who is your doctor?

Dr. McMullen @ Staten Island University Hospital. She had great references and credentials but getting to see her is a disaster.

What a bummer, with the fickleness of the band I have found it's important to be able to get in on a whim. Luckily, my doc can I just have to drive a long ways.

I would find a new fill doc if I was you :eek: What happens if you're too tight and need to go back for an unfill, they make you wait a month again??

Hi Lisa - what doctor/hospital are you at? I am at NY Hosp. and althought I wait sometimes I have been overall pretty happy.

I just realized you already answered that. You probably don't want to go all the way to upper east side for an appointment. Good luck!

Dr. McMullen @ Staten Island University Hospital. She had great references and credentials but getting to see her is a disaster.

Never experienced that. I usually, (when I was being adjusted) called and asked if he was in, told them I was coming by, and may have waited 15-20 min in the office. I know he was busy, but he was very flexible. DFW- Texas.