Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Questions!

I am at a very good restriction. Lots of things are a no-go, I can only eat certain hours of the day, but liquids are always fine.

However, I PB very very easily. So I have to be very careful. That being, said, sometimes I don't anticipate it.. like last night at the inlaws, they made a mushroom casserole. I like mushrooms, but no one in my family does so I've never had a mushroom dish. But it was SO good, I took about 1/2c of it, and that was all I ate. In reflection, I probably ate it too fast. But, I didn't get a stuck or painful feeling so all was well. Then it hit me, I feel like I have the flu and I get nauseated. This has happened 3x's since my last fill. I bee-line to the bathroom and it's actual heaving throwing up, not PB's. What would cause the nausea??

2nd.. I have noticed this twice.. once with eggs, and then with the mushrooms from last night. I ate the mushrooms at 6pm. Had my throw up episode.. 5 hours later, we're driving home, and I burp.. and burp up pieces of mushrooms. 5 hours later. Where did it come from?? I didn't feel like I had something stuck in my pouch, would it have come up from below my pouch? How long does food actually hang around down there? Both of these things are baffling me.

halp! :)

Okay - I'm not a doctor but here is what I think -

1st, I notice certain foods make me a little nausiated. Could it be that the casserole had a bit of grease in it? Or perhaps a lot of fat? Or maybe something that makes you nausiated? Or maybe you actually have a little bug?

2nd, things can hang around in your pouch for hours, thats how it works. It slowly goes thru the opening into your stomach. I think as the tiny piece of mushroom was going thru it caused you to burb, (you were not stuck) but the burp just made the mushroom come back up. This has happened to me lots of time. I get burpy a lot.

I hope that helps some. Everyone is just so different and experience different things. My biggest baffle for me is, why don't I have to take small bites of food like everyone else? It concerns me some.

Even when I am at good restriction, I can eat regular bites of food.< /p>

Well, I don't have symptoms of being sick...and the 3 nausea attacks hit over a month span.. so I really don't think it's being sick. And after I vomit once, it's gone. The mushroom casserole was just fresh mushrooms in a beef bouillion with onions, so not a lot of fat or grease if any.

But for the mushroom to even exist in pouch after 5 hours is bizarre to me. I didn't know anything could be in the pouch like that and not be causing me problems (stuck feeling, etc.).

The other time it was a piece of egg. I had eggs for lunch, and that night at dinner I burped up a piece of egg.

Really doubtful, I take my B/C religiously.

But I don't see anyone else mention nause except for post-op. Am I just missing it? Really, no one else has this happen to them? :)

I too haven't seen much written about nausea except for after surgery.

I didn't mean to be flippant in asking about pregnancy, but it did strike me as you mentioned it has happened over the last month or so and you do not feel "sick." You are vomiting and not PBing.

I think it is possible if you are fairly tight that some food could be retained in the pouch for a few hours. remember we aren't producing much in the way of stomach acid to break things down that are in the pouch. The acid breaks things down lower in the stomach.

Yeah I just didn't realize the pouch can hold food so long without you feeling it (re:stuck feeling).

And I didn't take the pregnancy suggestion any kind of way :) I was just saying I really doubt that's it.. I associate it with the band due to it being since my last fill.. going to get a test on the way home from work today to make sure, and I left a voicemail for my band nurse, going to ask her if she has any ideas about why I would get nausea.

Quick question: Have you noticed any type of weight gain since you take the pill? Is your pill pretty much band friendly. Only ask this because I need some type of b/c.

I've been on B/C since I was 12, and I was fat since I was born..

So I personally don't notice any correlation. I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for most of this time, I did try the Depot Shot and gained 30lb the month I had it, so I wouldn't recommend that one.. and I'm on Yaz now.

BTW.. took the test, not pregnant. My nurse called back and said since it's so infrequent I shouldn't worry about it, that I likely ate too much and my pouch was just getting rid of it. So she told me to watch how much I eat.

Oh and yes, the pills are band friendly. I'm as tight as I can get without not being able to get liquids down.. and I can get either of the B/C pills mentioned down fine. They are both very small pills.