Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Years Eve--Stay in ideas

Hey guys! I thought I would ask here since there are so many peeps, what are some good stay in ideas for NYEVE for a groups of 3 friends of which one is going through some hard times. WE want to have some silly fun for her. I thought maybe there might be some fun ideas in this great big land of lapband!

Ashley:help:

DETAILS!! We need details!! Men? Women? Drinking involved or not? Do they like games? What are the cost considerations?

Help us help you!!! We have done all kinds of things for NY Eve before.

Pot luck the dinner, maybe do a course at each house, and have each house have a different form of entertainment? Then plan to be somewhere special at midnight. We did this one year, there were 4 of us, 2 couples and 2 singles--so actually 6--but we made 4 stops. We did appetizers at one house, and she had a Scattegories type of game made up around the new years theme. Then we had dinner at my place, we had made DVD's of our group through the years--mainly the last year--we watched it after dinner, then gave everyone a copy. Then to the other couples place, for dessert----which they had all the parts for, and we all built our own dessert as our activity as well. Then on the the last house where we had drinks (several of them!!!)---she had planned a time in her yard to star gaze, right at midnight---instead we sat around a fire---it was snowing!!! We had made arrangements to have transportation---we had our friends son drive everyone home. It was inexpensive for each involved, and was fun--what we each had planned was kept quiet!

I look forward to the ideas you receive! We have stayed home for years, this year we are actually going out to the grand reopening of a club DH and I used to frequent many, many years ago!!!

Have fun!!

Kat

I always stay home . . . don't want to be out on the roads . . . so I have movie night . . . anyone there can pick a movie they want . . .but it HAS to include "The Great Race" with Tony Curtis and Natalie Woods. I used to always have cold boiled shrimp and lots of appetizers . . . don't know what I'm going to do for food this year because I'm not suppose to have shrimp yet . . . but everyone else can eat them . . .

OK, there are three girls....on a budget.....alchy is fine.....OH, one thing that we know we are doing is playing Sing Star on the playstation or something. This is where you sing into a microph and their are judges too! So, that is one thing....everything else is up in the air.

Some games I like to play with friends when we get drunk.. board games--

What The F#$%? It's a cheap game, and asks some really funny questions where you guess what they would answer.. and whoever is wrong-drinks. Lots of laughs.

Battle of the Sexes, but I didn't see you mention men, so that is out if it's all girls.

Poker.. we do nickels & dimes for chips so it's not too expensive.

That being said, I will likely spend New Years watching TV.

My family and I usually have Snacks, sing kareoke on the machine, drink sparkling cider (we are a no booze family) and do the countdown at midnight.We usually have a few folks over (4 or 5). We always have a great time.