Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivation Clothes

I was just wondering if anyone buys "motivation" clothes in smaller sizes...there are some awesome clearance deals right now, and now seems like the time to stock up on smaller sizes for my future weight loss. Any thoughts?

yes, yes and YES!!

i have a size 14 dress hanging in my closet. nothing special, just a dress i found that was cute when i was a size 24. i put it on back then and didnt even want DH to see me in it.

i think i'll try it on tonight...

I was thinking of walking down to the mall today at lunch . . .just to see what is on sale . . . I'm early for buying new things . . . but gee . . . some smaller tops can always be used at some point! ~ Chris

I do! i have a few pairs of jeans in a 7/8 and a pair of bermuda shorts in a 9 that i can now pull up but can't quite button.

i buy things very cheap or get them for free.

I have a motivation clothing item that my sister bought herself around last x-mas. I brought it up, sister and mom are looking for it in their houses..

It was a pale purple velvet coat.. VERY renaissance looking. Had a scalloped/scooped back that went to the back of the knees, then raises to about the waist in the front.. button closing, and BIG flared sleeves. I guess looks like a 'pirate' coat, but very elegant. When I saw her come home in it last year I was dying with jealousy. I was looking it up in plus sizes to no avail, and then was even looking at custom clothing makers to replicate it for me.. Anyway it was a size 14. I'm now in 18/20 for the most part (some 14/16 tops), so I should be able to wear it soon IF THEY FIND IT. I would just cry with delight.

I haven't done well with that. I have some motivations clothes always in my closet, but I find that my sillouette changes as I get smaller and different styles look good on my. I haven't guessed well with some of the stuff I grow down into.....

My sister-in-law gave me a beautiful silk japanese robe for Christmas... 4 sizes too small for me. She said she just guessed my size. And wanted me to try it on... ummm.. yeah.. it didn't even barely close.. so, that will be what I use to gage my weight loss. When that dang thing fits me, I'll be very happy.

I do! i have a few pairs of jeans in a 7/8 and a pair of bermuda shorts in a 9 that i can now pull up but can't quite button.

i buy things very cheap or get them for free.

I agree with you, Sweethot, most of my clothes are cheap (walmart, target,etc) or from way back when I was in my smaller days that I kept just in case I did lose weight,also I am getting clothes from a friend of mine that had a lapband and she's losing faster than me. lol

MY motivation clothes:

Jack, your post makes me think of the movie "Failure To Launch" where Terry Bradshaw plays the main character's dad, and he has a "Naked Room". :bandit

Cracked me up!

I hadn't been doing this. I had some items that were given to me that didn't fit at the time, that now fit. I was at Target the other day and there were some shorts on clearance for $4, so I bought a pair that fits now (16s) and a pair of 12s. :)

I have a pair of shorts that I have been hanging on to (for dear life) since I was a size 5 (MANY years ago). Other than that I have nothing from the past. My mother gave me a bunch of 12's which I am just now getting into (woohoo!). My sister gave me a pair of size 10 jeans - that's my next goal. I try them on every so often just to gauge how I'm doing.

Once I get to those 10's I'm gonna be mostly naked until I go shopping :)

I'm only buying 5-8 outfits at each size to save money. Some things last longer like shirts so I'm really buying jeans a lot. I plan on spending major bucks when I get to goal. Buy my goal keeps moving - I don't know where I'll end up and when I'll be happy but when I get there I'm going shopping!!!!!!!!!

I always buy motivational clothes, both well before and after the surgery. Sadly many of them have never been worn. I guess on the plus side I don't have to buy as many motivational clothes this time around because I have so many already.

Also, I lost 80lbs a couple years ago so I have them to aim for as well. I know that when I was losing the 80lbs being able to fit into (and become too small for) those motivational clothes felt better then the scale dropping.

My youngest went from a 14/16 to a 9/10 over the summer. So instead of taking all her old clothes to the church, I pulled out a couple tops and jeans. The ones that didn’t look to teenagery.

Actually, my mom's entire closet are my motivational clothes. And as fate would have it, she's been gaining weight. She has a whole wardrobe of 'britney spear' pants.. the low-riders that make your butt look nice.. and hippie suede coats.. all in size 12/14.. When I can wear my mom's clothes, I'll be tickled. My whole life I was always jealous of her!