Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did losing weight make you look older?

I don't think it applies to certain ages as far as what everyone else sees. I'm told I look 16 all the time at gas stations/liquor stores.

My face isn't looking older/younger IMO.. but under my clothes I definitely look older. My skin was tight and despite being overweight my whole life (or maybe that's why) I don't have many stretch marks. But now.. I do. When I look in the mirror, I have a lot of flubbiness.. and stretch marks. I'd rather that then fat though, so oh well.

I have only lost 29 lbs. and already my neck and under my eyes show wrinkles. Yes, I think it will age me a bit. Not happy about that but I am thinking,,,,,,,face lift?

This is my worst fear. I've had a friend who lost only 55 pounds and aged 15 years. She was so horrified, she gained most of it back. I know that's unusual, and I keep telling myself that, but at age 48 my skin has definately lost its elasticity. I've always taken care of my skin, and have always been told I look WAY younger than 48, so I pray that helps, but I can already see my neck looking puckery, and I haven't even lost half of my weight yet. this is a worry for me. One girl in my support group who has lost over 100 pounds, says: "Just wait. When you get close to goal, you'll be able to put your boobs in your pocket." So much for the "support" in that comment!!!

This is why we have Plastic Surgeon's - We are deflatting balloons - we are have going to have wrinkles - especially us over 50...

Do i look older - maybe a tad - but so what - I have more energy than I did 59 lbs ago... So I act & feel younger...

Do you want to live fat & die fat with no wrinkles - or do you want to live longer & healthier with a few wrinkles - I'll take the wrinkles...

I was ready for ps BEFORE the band. My neck was already "creping. ( Like the fabric crepe) and I was getting the "puppet lines (slightly). I forget right now what they call those.

But since I was self pay for the band, that was my ps money, so now I just don;t know what I'll do.

I carry the weight all over, in my arms and legs ( which are short like the rest of me) and belly etc. so I know all parts of me will sag after. I don't think I'll ever wear sleeveless anything. But what will I do at the beach? Legs and arms are both exposed!!

Well first things first, I have to lose the weight first and that's what I'm concentrating on now.

Oh Fiddle dee dee (as Scarlet said) I'll worry about the rest tomorrow.

I'm also worried about this,because a lot of people compliment me for not having wrinkles. I know I have good skin, since I don't have stretch marks on my belly and I have 4 kids. I am 90 lbs. overweight now. Let's see what happens. I'm taking good care of my skin.