Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Neostarwcc said:

How long did it usually take you guys to get your results? It's only been 3 days and I'm already nervous as heck. I was going to wait at least a week before calling the bariatric clinic to see if they have my results yet but... yeah... nervous.

It’s takes a little while. They have to transcribe everything and make it all official so it can go to the insurance. Some doctors don’t have anyone on staff to do that and they have to send it out so to speak. Mine was over a week.

Edited by ShoppGirl

2 hours ago, Neostarwcc said:

How long did it usually take you guys to get your results? It's only been 3 days and I'm already nervous as heck. I was going to wait at least a week before calling the bariatric clinic to see if they have my results yet but... yeah... nervous.

Do you have another appointment at the clinic, dietician... Doctor...? If so, you have your answer. Fairly certain if you've had your evaluation and they didn't tell you there were questions or wanted to schedule another psych evaluation you're good.

I never received "results"... the hoops just continued..

8 minutes ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:

Do you have another appointment at the clinic, dietician... Doctor...? If so, you have your answer. Fairly certain if you've had your evaluation and they didn't tell you there were questions or wanted to schedule another psych evaluation you're good.

That’s true. They may not call just to tell you. The only reason I asked about it was becausr they didn’t think I needed to do it for a revision at first but it turned out that I needed it and I already had surgery scheduled so i had to get it to them quickly so I followed up to make sure the Psyc’s office sent it.

14 hours ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:

I do have another appointment on the 30th with bariatrics. Im seeing the nurse and nurse practitioner and Im seeing the nutritionist right afterwards. It's supposed to be the last appointment before my surgery and then I have to see my surgeon once a year after that and the nutritionist/physical therapist once every few months I believe?

I hope I don't have to wait until the 30th for my results. I had my appointment last Wednesday so I'll try calling them Wednesday afternoon and see if they have an update for me or an approximation of when the results will be in.

Edited by Neostarwcc

1 hour ago, Neostarwcc said:

I do have another appointment on the 30th with bariatrics. Im seeing the nurse and nurse practitioner and Im seeing the nutritionist right afterwards. It's supposed to be the last appointment before my surgery and then I have to see my surgeon once a year after that and the nutritionist/physical therapist once every few months I believe?

I hope I don't have to wait until the 30th for my results. I had my appointment last Wednesday so I'll try calling them Wednesday afternoon and see if they have an update for me or an approximation of when the results will be in.

I'm confused as to what "results" you're expecting? If you've had your psychological evaluation appointment and they've not called you to tell you that they need to postpone or cancel your appointments OR schedule more psychological sessions before you can progress afterwards you basically have your results - you're still in the program and are still going through the insurance required hoops. Am I missing something, or reading your question incorrectly?

I'm fairly certain at the time of your evaluation the psychologist/ counselor would have told you that you weren't ready for the surgery or you couldn't move on to the next step! Everyone I know who couldn't go to the next steps was told they'd require a "few more therapy sessions" before they could have the surgery at the time of their original session. I wouldn't worry about your "results" but, if you are call them and ask!

23 minutes ago, BlondePatriotInCDA said:

I'm confused as to what "results" you're expecting? If you've had your psychological evaluation appointment and they've not called you to tell you that they need to postpone or cancel your appointments OR schedule more psychological sessions before you can progress afterwards you basically have your results - you're still in the program and are still going through the insurance required hoops. Am I missing something, or reading your question incorrectly?

I'm fairly certain at the time of your evaluation the psychologist/ counselor would have told you that you weren't ready for the surgery or you couldn't move on to the next step! Everyone I know who couldn't go to the next steps was told they'd require a "few more therapy sessions" before they could have the surgery at the time of their original session. I wouldn't worry about your "results" but, if you are call them and ask!

I agree. I never got any results as such from my psych eval, it was a step on the way to the surgery.

You could always ring to reconfirm your appointments for later this month and as a by the by ask if the psych step is now complete, that might put your mind at ease.

18 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

I agree. I never got any results as such from my psych eval, it was a step on the way to the surgery.

You could always ring to reconfirm your appointments for later this month and as a by the by ask if the psych step is now complete, that might put your mind at ease.

Yea, maybe just ask if they got your clearance yet instead of asking Did I pass?