Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 minutes ago, Chatterboxdea said:

You guys are making me wish I was already at the point where I could get rid of my old wardrobe and get smaller clothes! I have lost about 25 lbs but I always lose up top before bottom, so I have noticed my shirts getting looser but that’s about it. 🤞🏼it happens soon!

It will happen before you know it!! I’m the opposite of you. I lose it in my bottom before my top. So I’m buying new bottoms and wearing my same tops still. Honestly, I think that I was wearing my tops too tight back when I started so that’s why it’s taking me a little longer to size out of them. It actually does get quite expensive when you start needing new bras and undies and everything else all at once. I think that’s why the veterans suggest not to buy too much that won’t fit you a month later I’m mostly shopping at thrift stores for now and saving money for when I get to the smaller sizes and it’s really fun. Of course, if budget permits go crazy shopping is fun when things actually fit

On 10/16/2024 at 20:35, ShoppGirl said:

It will happen before you know it!! I’m the opposite of you. I lose it in my bottom before my top. So I’m buying new bottoms and wearing my same tops still. Honestly, I think that I was wearing my tops too tight back when I started so that’s why it’s taking me a little longer to size out of them. It actually does get quite expensive when you start needing new bras and undies and everything else all at once. I think that’s why the veterans suggest not to buy too much that won’t fit you a month later I’m mostly shopping at thrift stores for now and saving money for when I get to the smaller sizes and it’s really fun. Of course, if budget permits go crazy shopping is fun when things actually fit

Yesss i had the exact same realisation that i was wearing things too tight before.

I think clothing is one of those things that we don’t necessarily notice getting baggy until suddenly one day you realise your shirt doesn’t look right and looks huge

I’m actually considering buying 2 different sizes of work clothes so i can just switch to the next size down without having to search for entirely new outfits

I went clothes shopping today and spent so long trying things on and have come to the conclusion i had absolutely no idea what size i was - i’ve actually bought clothing in a smaller size than i expected 😱 feels so good ! And kind of even better that i hadn’t seen that coming

It’s actually given me a huge motivation boost so i highly recommend window shopping and trying things on to anyone who feels like their weightloss isn’t noticeable to them