Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YAY!!! It's a crazy feeling, isn't it? Going into stores we never would have and having to let our partner choose our stuff because THEY can see we need a smaller size even what WE can't. I mean, I'm in a size large, yet when we go into thrift stores I still head over to the 2x and my hubby is always saying "No babe, you're not in that size anymore. You're over here now" and still....even after all this time...I still forget lol Congrats!!!

On 9/30/2024 at 3:58 PM, MrsFitz said:

Well done 👏👏👏 What a buzz for you, all these new clothing places you can actually go in to and buy things that fit you 😉 So pleased for you…it’s time to get rid of the stuff that is too big for you now - enjoy!

Thank you! Definitely having fun with it - I need to go back out this weekend I think!

It is gonna take a while to get rid of all the clothes I currently have 😂

On 9/30/2024 at 6:07 PM, AmberFL said:

it is the best feeling ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl I went from a 18/20 to size 4, sometimes 2. Tops 2x/3x to a S/M and there are times when I do laundry Im like whose clothes are these? or getting pants from the closet then look to put them on and just feel like "no way these are fitting" and they slip right on! I am so so so proud of you!!! enjoy these highs!

Literally is! :D It is so strange that the mind just refuses to believe that we are a smaller size now, but I kinda like that I am pleasantly surprised every time 😂

Thank you so much!!

19 hours ago, NickelChip said:

Oh my goodness, I find it so hard to shop for clothing in stores right now because I can't tell by looking whether something will fit. I order a lot of clothing online, and for that I find the measurement chart helpful because those don't lie the way numbered sizes do. For going into winter, I've bought 3 pairs of jeans, some skirts, and several sweaters. I'm keeping the summer clothing until next year but not sure how much of it will fit by then. I'm less than 20 lbs away from my goal weight now, so that will maybe be one more size down? I guess we'll see! For now, I have been buying cheaper options, but I look forward to buying some nicer brands once I hit maintenance.

See I have thought about buying things online but I am so hesitant as I know that everywhere can have different sizing and I don't want to order something and then just have to return it, I am too lazy 😂

Amazing that you are so close to your goal, well done!

17 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

It's such a mindset shift isnt it! The old me used to dread going shopping so much in case they didnt have my size (most places didnt) so literally had to be dragged shopping.

Congrats btw, we keep hitting new milestones and I for one am so much happier in my own skin, and i'm only just past half way to my goal.

It is really strange! I think I have only felt like this once in my life when I got down to 12 stone when I was at university, and I was just in shock 🤣 I genuinely stopped clothes shopping when I was at my heaviest, I just didn't feel like I deserved it and I didn't want the embarrassment, as a result most of my clothes I have now are very tattered so I will be happy to get rid haha!

Thank you! Congrats to us both! I am really happy you are feeling that way!

16 hours ago, ms.sss said:

honestly i have a TONNE of fairly nice clothes that i've half donated, half kept cu they are just to nice to give away.

if anyone is like 5'2"-ish and want some clothes in various sizes from size 18 to size 6, AND willing to pay for shipping from Canada, let me know! i's be happy to hand it over to a fellow wls-er.

Shipping from Canada - UK is probably very expensive, but part of me could be tempted 😂