Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YAY!!! It's a crazy feeling, isn't it? Going into stores we never would have and having to let our partner choose our stuff because THEY can see we need a smaller size even what WE can't. I mean, I'm in a size large, yet when we go into thrift stores I still head over to the 2x and my hubby is always saying "No babe, you're not in that size anymore. You're over here now" and still....even after all this time...I still forget lol Congrats!!!

On 9/30/2024 at 3:58 PM, MrsFitz said:

Well done 👏👏👏 What a buzz for you, all these new clothing places you can actually go in to and buy things that fit you 😉 So pleased for you…it’s time to get rid of the stuff that is too big for you now - enjoy!

Thank you! Definitely having fun with it - I need to go back out this weekend I think!

It is gonna take a while to get rid of all the clothes I currently have 😂

On 9/30/2024 at 6:07 PM, AmberFL said:

it is the best feeling ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl I went from a 18/20 to size 4, sometimes 2. Tops 2x/3x to a S/M and there are times when I do laundry Im like whose clothes are these? or getting pants from the closet then look to put them on and just feel like "no way these are fitting" and they slip right on! I am so so so proud of you!!! enjoy these highs!

Literally is! :D It is so strange that the mind just refuses to believe that we are a smaller size now, but I kinda like that I am pleasantly surprised every time 😂

Thank you so much!!

19 hours ago, NickelChip said:

Oh my goodness, I find it so hard to shop for clothing in stores right now because I can't tell by looking whether something will fit. I order a lot of clothing online, and for that I find the measurement chart helpful because those don't lie the way numbered sizes do. For going into winter, I've bought 3 pairs of jeans, some skirts, and several sweaters. I'm keeping the summer clothing until next year but not sure how much of it will fit by then. I'm less than 20 lbs away from my goal weight now, so that will maybe be one more size down? I guess we'll see! For now, I have been buying cheaper options, but I look forward to buying some nicer brands once I hit maintenance.

See I have thought about buying things online but I am so hesitant as I know that everywhere can have different sizing and I don't want to order something and then just have to return it, I am too lazy 😂

Amazing that you are so close to your goal, well done!

17 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

It's such a mindset shift isnt it! The old me used to dread going shopping so much in case they didnt have my size (most places didnt) so literally had to be dragged shopping.

Congrats btw, we keep hitting new milestones and I for one am so much happier in my own skin, and i'm only just past half way to my goal.

It is really strange! I think I have only felt like this once in my life when I got down to 12 stone when I was at university, and I was just in shock 🤣 I genuinely stopped clothes shopping when I was at my heaviest, I just didn't feel like I deserved it and I didn't want the embarrassment, as a result most of my clothes I have now are very tattered so I will be happy to get rid haha!

Thank you! Congrats to us both! I am really happy you are feeling that way!

16 hours ago, ms.sss said:

honestly i have a TONNE of fairly nice clothes that i've half donated, half kept cu they are just to nice to give away.

if anyone is like 5'2"-ish and want some clothes in various sizes from size 18 to size 6, AND willing to pay for shipping from Canada, let me know! i's be happy to hand it over to a fellow wls-er.

Shipping from Canada - UK is probably very expensive, but part of me could be tempted 😂

3 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

Thank you! Definitely having fun with it - I need to go back out this weekend I think!

It is gonna take a while to get rid of all the clothes I currently have 😂

Lots of sales on 😉

Until recently I bought mainly second hand (Vestiaire and Vinted) or sales in M&S and Next. It meant I wasn't paying a lot for good quality clothes that I wasn't going to wear for very long.

I feel the same way! I am size 20 to now 12/14. Sometimes even size 10. I bought things online thinking I might be XL, because I was previously XXL, but they didn’t fit. Then I exchange to L and it’s still too big…Clothing size is very complicated now, but I am feeling the same excitement!!! Woohooo

I would like to suggest don’t buy too much new clothing now because you will size down fairly quickly. I have to buy new clothes every 2 months or so. I bought summer clothes in July for the summer and they don’t fit anymore. I bought more sweaters for the winter and refrain from buying more. I know it’s so hard not to buy more!

On 09/28/2024 at 20:20, Bypass2Freedom said:

I finally bit the bullet and bought some new clothes today.

I was quite apprehensive as I genuinely didn't know what size I would be, so I had my boyfriend with me who doubles up as my stylist 😂

I went into New Look - which I wouldn't have even dreamt of doing pre-surgery - and just asked him to pick some things for me.

He picked 3 coats (I currently have none that fit me, and it is getting cold here in the UK!), a skirt, and a cropped jumper. I was trying to insist that I would need a size UK 18-20 (which is a US 14-16 I think?), but he was adamant that I needed a UK 12-14 (US 8-10?)...I tried them on in the sizes he suggested, and they FIT.

I genuinely didn't believe it, like I don't think I have been this size since 2017/18...my brain can't actually see it or even compute with it.

Before surgery I was a UK 22, more of a 24 in most things if I am honest. Just can't believe it yet. Does anyone else get like this?!

But I am riding a high today, I feel good, and I am still in shock 😂

I am 100% going through the same clothes dilemma 🤣 i realised yesterday my clothes are too big and i have nothing to wear 😱 and the weather getting colder i tried on all my coats and they are all ridiculously too big

Quite the opposite problem i used to have so i cannot wrap my head around it

I know everyone says not to buy new clothes but hey let’s make the most of it - dragging my bf around London this weekend to sort my wardrobe out hahaha

I am so thrilled for you. That is such a wonderful feeling to be able to enjoy shopping again. I am already having a bit more fun with it. I got a cute pair of pink leggings for Yoga that I never would’ve worn before to Celebrate my 50 pounds loss and I just got there but I have to wait untill after Wednesday to wear them because I don’t have a bra that fits that will work under a white top to match. I ordered a couple nude sports bras that will be here Wednesday though. I can already tell that I am going to probably be spending a pretty penny on athletic attire. I guess whatever keeps me motivated though.

I am still yet to actually buy the amount of clothes I actually need! I keep finding myself bagging tons of stuff up for the charity shops, and then realising I actually have nothing to wear.

I currently have only 1 work-appropriate skirt, and a few tops! I NEED to go shopping 😂

Yes, you need to get a few things for work at least.

I thought I had work trousers, usually wear jeans to office, but for meeting clients etc we can't do jeans. Yesterday put the M&S size 10 trousers on and they are so baggy (not in a flattering way) and barely stay up. Had to wear them yesterday and today but think they will go in recycling bag. Annoying as I have another lovely M&S pair in a 10 also but they are too big, but at least can take a belt, but all too late to return them and they are out of stock in a 6 and 8,

21 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

Yes, you need to get a few things for work at least.

I thought I had work trousers, usually wear jeans to office, but for meeting clients etc we can't do jeans. Yesterday put the M&S size 10 trousers on and they are so baggy (not in a flattering way) and barely stay up. Had to wear them yesterday and today but think they will go in recycling bag. Annoying as I have another lovely M&S pair in a 10 also but they are too big, but at least can take a belt, but all too late to return them and they are out of stock in a 6 and 8,

I wonder if it would be worth it to pay to take them in? I mean if you really like them and can’t get them in a smalller size.

Edited by ShoppGirl

You guys are making me wish I was already at the point where I could get rid of my old wardrobe and get smaller clothes! I have lost about 25 lbs but I always lose up top before bottom, so I have noticed my shirts getting looser but that’s about it. 🤞🏼it happens soon!