Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I am down to the finish line waiting and waiting to hear from my insurance if I’m approved for my surgery tomorrow @12pm. My primary and I have butted heads because the office didn’t send the request until 10/17 and sent it in as standard when I begged them to send it in as expedited???? If it doesn’t get approved by 9:30am in the morning it will probably be rescheduled. It takes 2hrs to get to the hospital. My suffering with the pre op diet, I feel would have been for nothing. But I have to still plan for it in case I’m on for it. AGGRAVATING.

My first 4 days are total liquid then thicken liquid, then something like cottage cheese, yogurt etc, then purée meat , veggies Uck! All within a months time.

I'm starting my purée foods stage today. I'm eating tuna mashed with low fat yogurt. I'm just glad it's not Soup.

Here’s a recipe or the ingredients for a Soup off of another Bariatric site.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Wrong recipe sorry

I’m still looking…anyway I was just approved for my surgery and on the way to the hospital for 2pm surgery.

1 hour ago, RuizAyres said:

Wrong recipe sorry

To be fair, that's Soup sounds amazing! Very different to what I've been having. If I have another cream of chicken soup in this life, I may throw a hissy fit. Seriously, I know it's all temporary and I'm going slowly because I don't want anything I do to mess this up.

The puree stage makes me feel more full than I have in months. After a few bites, (maybe 3 tablespoons total) I was full. But my eyes, are still bigger than my stomach and my eyes were telling me that's not enough. I went for a walk after I was done to make sure I wasn't tempted to have more.

Sorry, I thought not right recipe to be putting on a Bariatric site. I tried to delete it but couldn’t. It definitely sounds yummy! I’m in the holding room waiting for surgery at 2:20pm…..

33 minutes ago, RuizAyres said:

Sorry, I thought not right recipe to be putting on a Bariatric site. I tried to delete it but couldn’t. It definitely sounds yummy! I’m in the holding room waiting for surgery at 2:20pm…..

Good luck!

This Gas is so real !!!!

Surgery tomorrow morning and just now people are telling me that after surgery it hurts to eat, forever. They are 3+years post op and say it still hurts. It's this true? I'm really re thinking this.

@Karla83
I’m one day after surgery and that’s definitely true for me and it’s only sips of Water. I can feel it. As soon as the water hits my banana stomach…I feel the pain. Mine is like intense muscle spasms. liquid pain meds about every 3-4 hours. For me it doesn’t take it away. Still very uncomfortable. Walking already and my pain started back up really intense once got back in bed! This is a short period of time compared to a lifestyle change! Where the majority of pain is though is where my hernia was repaired.

17 minutes ago, RuizAyres said:

@Karla83
I’m one day after surgery and that’s definitely true for me and it’s only sips of Water. I can feel it. As soon as the Water hits my banana stomach…I feel the pain. Mine is like intense muscle spasms. liquid pain meds about every 3-4 hours. For me it doesn’t take it away. Still very uncomfortable. Walking already and my pain started back up really intense once got back in bed! This is a short period of time compared to a lifestyle change! Where the majority of pain is though is where my hernia was repaired.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

2 hours ago, Karla83 said:

Surgery tomorrow morning and just now people are telling me that after surgery it hurts to eat, forever. They are 3+years post op and say it still hurts. It's this true? I'm really re thinking this.

I'm only two weeks post op and it doesn't hurt to eat unless you eat too much. I've learned pretty quickly what "too much" is so it's not painful to eat. Just eat slowly and your restriction will stop you from.being in pain.

My mother had bypass in 2008 back whe it was standard to do an open procedure. She was able to eat almost anything and she wasn't in pain when she ate 15 years later.

If they are 3+ years post op and still in pain when eating, they are probably either not eating correctly or they should speak to their surgical team.

Edited by NeonRaven8919
spelling errors

Hi. I'm new here! Surgery is scheduled for 10/28/24. I'm on preop diet. I'm having the most awful headaches and can't sleep. I will be getting the sleeve. Wishing the best for everyone!