Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, shflo25 said:

Yes I am feeling better thank you. Good luck on your surgery!!

that is great to hear that you are feeling much better and thank you

10 hours ago, Joy4Journey said:

Hey all, my surgery is on 10/29. Starting weight/highest weight is 278. Today I’ve started my pre-op diet. Im ready to start this journey and wish you all the best!

im also 10/29 , good luck to you :) i haven also started pre op diet

First time posting here!

Surgery date is 10/22. I'm currently doing my 2 week liquid diet and struggling. I miss eating good tasting food. I'm not a sweets person and these sweet Protein Shakes are tough to drink. And I can only handle so much broth.

Highest Weight: 395

Starting Weight: 261

Goal Weight: 180

I'm terrified I will be the person that doesn't lose any weight. I haven't told too many people about having surgery for this reason. I know my love for food is what got me to this point in the first place, but what I would give to have a plate of delicious nachos right now!

On 10/8/2024 at 10:21 AM, juliie said:

hi and welcome, my surgery day is 10/29 and I have my pre-admission appt on Thursday, is that when they gave you instructions on when to start your pre op diet?

Hello! My dietitian has been preparing me for the pre op diet for months now. I started it on 10/8. My surgery is on 10/22. The first few days weren't that bad, but around day 4-5 I was really hungry and craving my go to foods of cheesy-type stuff. I missed just being able to eat savory foods. I reached out to my dietitian and she said I was ok to drink some Pickle Juice and even eat one. It has helped tremendously. She even said if the craving is too much I could eat a small piece of lean Protein, as the pre op diet is really a liver shrinking, high protein, low carb diet. I have stuck to just a couple pickles, but it is really hard. I suggest keeping in contact with your care team. They are very helpful. This diet is not easy. I am struggling and just want to eat a bowl of macaroni and cheese!

Good luck on your surgery!

On 10/3/2024 at 4:53 PM, k80bug said:

Hi! Surgery is 10/16, as long as I survive this pre-op diet. lol. I’ve been at it seriously for a year now, and lost 60+ lbs with Ozempic.

Coming out of surgery I can’t wait to see my A1C drop, my blood pressure drop, and my CPAP go into storage.

I hope all went well!! I would love to see my CPAP go away also!! I will start Ozempic after surgery. This pre-op diet is ridiculous. I'm ready for some real food. I'm starting to question if it is really worth it.

52 minutes ago, Karla83 said:

Hello! My dietitian has been preparing me for the pre op diet for months now. I started it on 10/8. My surgery is on 10/22. The first few days weren't that bad, but around day 4-5 I was really hungry and craving my go to foods of cheesy-type stuff. I missed just being able to eat savory foods. I reached out to my dietitian and she said I was ok to drink some Pickle Juice and even eat one. It has helped tremendously. She even said if the craving is too much I could eat a small piece of lean Protein, as the pre op diet is really a liver shrinking, high Protein, low carb diet. I have stuck to just a couple pickles, but it is really hard. I suggest keeping in contact with your care team. They are very helpful. This diet is not easy. I am struggling and just want to eat a bowl of macaroni and cheese!

Good luck on your surgery!

so your diet is only liquid ? my dietician and hospital where i will be having the surgery done at have a diet they call green and lean so basically just leafy and vegetables and lean meat ( fish , chicken, and lean meat ).

32 minutes ago, juliie said:

so your diet is only liquid ? my dietician and hospital where i will be having the surgery done at have a diet they call green and lean so basically just leafy and vegetables and lean meat ( fish , chicken, and lean meat ).

Yes. 5-6 Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and low sodium broth(which is disgusting). That is it! I think it is ridiculous. I am trying my best, but it is not easy. I would love to have just a bite of anything!! They said I could have 1 bite of Protein, but I know I won't be able to stop at 1 bite. Especially after not eating food for a week now.

Edited by Karla83

1 hour ago, Karla83 said:

Yes. 5-6 Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and low sodium broth(which is disgusting). That is it! I think it is ridiculous. I am trying my best, but it is not easy. I would love to have just a bite of anything!! They said I could have 1 bite of Protein, but I know I won't be able to stop at 1 bite. Especially after not eating food for a week now.

yeah I'm glad my program at least lets us have lean mean and no fatty meat, I'm also doing the no sugar Jello which is actually ok lol, but after surgery comes the 2-week full liquid diet i heard Bone Broth is actually good but have yet to try it

1 hour ago, juliie said:

yeah I'm glad my program at least lets us have lean mean and no fatty meat, I'm also doing the no sugar Jello which is actually ok lol, but after surgery comes the 2-week full liquid diet i heard Bone Broth is actually good but have yet to try it

I wish I could do lean meat. I love chicken and fish. no sugar Jello and the no sugar popsicles are actually really good. I'm just craving savory filling foods. Like cheese and pizza. All the stuff that put me in the position to have surgery in the first place. I think if I could eat the lean meats, I would be fine. My favorite meal of all time is a salad with chicken on it. But not being able to have anything, to me is just a recipe for disaster. It's turning me into an angry person. Trying to work full time, school full time, mom full time and go through a divorce. Let's just say the poor guy at Les Schwab got an ear full today. And the ex wasn't happy when I told him he wasn't my priority.

14 hours ago, Karla83 said:

I wish I could do lean meat. I love chicken and fish. no sugar Jello and the no sugar popsicles are actually really good. I'm just craving savory filling foods. Like cheese and pizza. All the stuff that put me in the position to have surgery in the first place. I think if I could eat the lean meats, I would be fine. My favorite meal of all time is a salad with chicken on it. But not being able to have anything, to me is just a recipe for disaster. It's turning me into an angry person. Trying to work full time, school full time, mom full time and go through a divorce. Let's just say the poor guy at Les Schwab got an ear full today. And the ex wasn't happy when I told him he wasn't my priority.

good morning, yeah, the salad and chicken is like my best friend right now. I hope that you have a better day today, how many days do you have left on liquid diet? yeah it sounds hard, I'm a full-time employee and a wife no kids yet but I bet you have your hands full. I am glad that you are making your work, school, and kids your number one priority .

4 hours ago, juliie said:

good morning, yeah, the salad and chicken is like my best friend right now. I hope that you have a better day today, how many days do you have left on liquid diet? yeah it sounds hard, I'm a full-time employee and a wife no kids yet but I bet you have your hands full. I am glad that you are making your work, school, and kids your number one priority .

I'm on a liquid diet all the way up until surgery on Tuesday, the 22nd. I understand surgery, means a lifestyle change, but my lifestyle will not be a liquid diet. If anything, this must makes me want to eat more!

Sorry for venting, this liquid diet has brought out an angry side to me!

Hello all, I just had my sleeve done October 15th I am now 2 days post op and going home. So far the gas pain and abdominal cramps are the most painful but not unbearable. Bring plenty of gas x extra strength, a life saver.