Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 Days to go until my surgery.

Starting weight 122.5kg

I've lost 10kg (22lbs) since I started the pre-op diet. The doctor wanted me to get down to 111kg so with 14 days to go, I think it will definitely be possible. 10 weeks ago, even losing a pound seemed impossible! I know the hard part is still to come with actually keeping it off, but I'm still proud of how far I've come! I haven't weighed this little since 2017!

I don't know if anyone has started a group for October 2024 Surgery buddies, but if anyone is also having surgery that month we can be buddies!

I'm looking forward to the surgery, but I'm also going back and forth between having doubts and anxiety about it to looking forward to it!

Fantastic achievement in getting 10kgs off so far 👏👏👏 Cheering you on for that last little bit 🤞🤞

Edited by MrsFitz

15 minutes ago, MrsFitz said:

Fantastic achievement in getting 10kgs off so far 👏👏👏 Cheering you on for that last little bit 🤞🤞

Thanks!

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

❤️

One of my favourite songs!

Yes its a scary journey but we did it. Its doable if you keep your nerve. Join us. After the first few tough weeks you will be more than happy you did it. You have worked so hard already, harder than a lot of us. Good luck

It is such a scary but exciting time - it still feels like yesterday for me! You have got this - you are going to be so happy you have done it and it is a whole new start to your life. Cheering you on! ❤️

This week, my doctor has restricted my diet even further (from 1200 calories to 800) to make sure that the liver really shrinks so he said Slimfast shakes and Weight Watchers Soups because it's pre-made whereas the shakes I've been making it might be harder to get the right measurements when I'm cutting calories from what I've been doing for the past 10 weeks. I guess it makes sense.

Honestly, those slim fast shakes are the worst. The only one that tastes Ok (and not in that British deprecating way where we say "it's alright" when me mean it's pretty good) is the chocolate one. The rest? How do strawberry, banana or Cookies and cream shakes end up with an almost chicken-y aftertaste? How is this possible? Is this some kind of pact with Satan?

Long digression, I know. But it made me dream of food last night. Which I have never done before. I dreamed all my family had gone to all the fast food places and I couldn't eat any but I ended up having a bowl of porridge from KFCs Breakfast menu?

Talk about head hunger vs actual hunger!

This guy is putting you through so much unnecessary pre op bullsh%t. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want you to walk over hot coals and broken glass to get to the operating theatre. I would love to give him a piece of my mind. He is taking this power trip way to far.

1 minute ago, summerseeker said:

This guy is putting you through so much unnecessary pre op bullsh%t. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want you to walk over hot coals and broken glass to get to the operating theatre. I would love to give him a piece of my mind. He is taking this power trip way to far.

I do have to say I kinda agree with you here! Seems like such a strict and long LRD for no reason!

@NeonRaven8919 if my maths is right, I weighed more than you pre-surgery, and I was on an 800 cal a day LRD for 2 weeks - it is mad to me what they are asking of you!

Though, with that being said, you are smashing it and that is just reflective of your own strength!

4 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

I do have to say I kinda agree with you here! Seems like such a strict and long LRD for no reason!

@NeonRaven8919 if my maths is right, I weighed more than you pre-surgery, and I was on an 800 cal a day LRD for 2 weeks - it is mad to me what they are asking of you!

Though, with that being said, you are smashing it and that is just reflective of your own strength!

I was about 270 so it's about the same. I think this is some new NHS weight loss diet and I'm the test group or something.

Edited by NeonRaven8919

If nothing else you have shown the surgeon your commitment to your WLS which should hold you in good stead post-op when following a whole new set of rules! (I still think he’s a sadist though 👹)

10 days left. I'm starting to really worry now!

Is there any way to make sure my liver has shrunk before the surgery?

I've been doing the pre-op diet, and I've lost weight, but I'm starting to panic that I've done everything right except the odd slip up and it won't be enough!

Is this just normal nerves? Is it possible I've lost weight, but the liver has been stubborn and not shrunk?

Honestly I think everyone worries about this exact same thing! I know I did!

Your liver will be all ready to go lovely - try not to hyperfocus on that! ❤️

You've stuck to your LRD that is all it needs!

21 hours ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

10 days left. I'm starting to really worry now!

Is there any way to make sure my liver has shrunk before the surgery?

I've been doing the pre-op diet, and I've lost weight, but I'm starting to panic that I've done everything right except the odd slip up and it won't be enough!

Is this just normal nerves? Is it possible I've lost weight, but the liver has been stubborn and not shrunk?

I am having bypass surgery on Tuesday, October 1 and this is my main concern. Even with my having lost 10lbs just on the liquid diet. I am starting the get more and more nervous in general. All I can say to both of us is WE'VE GOT THIS!

I saw in a previous post that you mentioned an October surgery group. I have looked for one but did not find one. Of course I just joined the forum so I have ZERO clue how to navigate!