Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well that was a fun-filled week! I’m finally on the other side of Covid and feeling tons better. After far too much faffing, I got the antiviral meds on Tuesday evening and, all credit to them, they really do work. Thankfully the only side effect I had was a godawful taste in my mouth which everyone gets apparently. I need to test myself today, just to make sure I’m clear but I have to build up to ramming cotton buds up my nose! Hubby is now in the throws of Covid but without the antivirals as he’s not judged as ‘vulnerable’ so he’s white-knuckling it with just paracetamol for the symptoms. He was a total star last week though and really did look after me as I was floored with it. He’s doing OK-ish with it, still working from home but definitely not at full capacity.

So, having a bit reset this week food-wise. I’m 5lbs up from my lowest weight which isn't the end of the world. I just need to tighten up my eating habits and think about what I’m eating. Our postponed anniversary dinner is on Saturday so fingers crossed my gains come off pretty quickly and things settle down in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve heard nothing from the hospital regarding the MDT, which is OK. I’m back for bloods on Friday for checking my liver function. Hopefully it will have sorted itself out! I think my second blip was the beginning of Covid. I’ve not taken any of my RA meds in order to give my liver a rest and will hopefully get back to normal with them next week.

Nothing else going on here. Just planning on pottering around this week and getting odd bits done.

Have a happy, healthy week everyone!

Onwards and Downwards 🙂

Glad to hear that you are over the worst.

Don't put any pressure on yourself, just do what your body needs.

Well I’m glad to hear you finally got your meds and you’re doing better. Hopefully your hubby is feeling better real soon too and you both get to enjoy your anniversary dinner. Take care ❤️

Looks like Covid is getting us all! I hope you are both feeling better, and that this week is a better one. ❤️

Thank you @FifiLux, @ShoppGirland @Bypass2Freedom 🥰

I managed to shove a cotton bud up my nose (hate the sneezing and ‘scratchy’ feeling at the back of my throat 🤢) and I’m now clear of Covid - hurray! Hubby is still in its thrall though: headache, sick, generally feeling out of sorts. Amazing how it hits people differently 🤷‍♀️

3lbs of my gain off this morning - thank you Water weight! Just over 2lbs more to go and I will be back on track. This morning I went through my underwear and nightwear drawers and binned lots. All the too big and/or tatty items have gone. I do have some really nice things that I’ve not worn due to sizing so hopefully I will be wearing that at some point in the near future. I am enjoying getting on top of things once again as I think I really lost my way for quite a while. All down to a lack of interest in pretty much everything I think.

No gym this week but hope to get back to it next week when hubby feels better. I have missed it and my knees are definitely stiffer for not going. I’m on with the circulation booster in the meantime, just to get the blood flowing in my lower legs.

Can definitely feel a bit of the autumn chill now ☹️ I received an email from M&S saying it’s Christmas food stuff is now available to order and it feels quite strange not to be bothering with any of it because I don’t know where I will be on my WLS journey. All that stress, gone!! 🥳 Has anyone done the LRD over Christmas, just out of interest? As it stands, I’m not bothered if I have to do it then, be nice to have a festive season where I actually lose weight 😉

OP so sorry but I have completely lost track of where you are!

Have you had your WLS? What procedure did you have? Or are you still preparing for your surgery?

Would it be possible to update your profile to reflect all of this?

Glad you're put the other end of covid anyway!!!!

"Has anyone done the LRD over Christmas, just out of interest?"

Again, I'm really sorry but I don't understand what this means.

My first xmas post sleeve was 7 weeks in. I have plenty of experience to share of that's what you're going to need ❤️

2 hours ago, Spinoza said:

"Has anyone done the LRD over Christmas, just out of interest?"

Again, I'm really sorry but I don't understand what this means.

My first xmas post sleeve was 7 weeks in. I have plenty of experience to share of that's what you're going to need ❤️

Mrsfitz is waiting on her surgery date, and is on a cancellation list, so wondering about doing the liver reduction diet pre-surgery.

I didn't have any pre-surgery diet to follow so can't offer any insight @MrsFitz

Yep, still waiting for my surgery date @Spinoza The dietitian had warned me that I could end up doing the liver reduction diet over Christmas and I was wondering if anyone else had managed the same 🙂 When I had my appointment with the surgeon, we both agreed on having a bypass so now I wait for the date for the op! Definitely glad I’m over Covid though 🥳

@FifiLux isn’t it odd how the there are so many different approaches to WLS? Some have no pre-surgery diet, some have a couple of days, mines 3 weeks plus there are longer ones etc. It’s hardly surprising that some people end up totally confused with what they are supposed to be doing! Oh, how was your break? Did you take your travel scales? Did they help if so?!

4 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

Yep, still waiting for my surgery date @Spinoza The dietitian had warned me that I could end up doing the liver reduction diet over Christmas and I was wondering if anyone else had managed the same 🙂 When I had my appointment with the surgeon, we both agreed on having a bypass so now I wait for the date for the op! Definitely glad I’m over Covid though 🥳

@FifiLux isn’t it odd how the there are so many different approaches to WLS? Some have no pre-surgery diet, some have a couple of days, mines 3 weeks plus there are longer ones etc. It’s hardly surprising that some people end up totally confused with what they are supposed to be doing! Oh, how was your break? Did you take your travel scales? Did they help if so?!

I did not do a preop or postop diet over Christmas either time, but should be honest with you. It’s probably a bit of a blessing because you will have an entire year before Christmas again to get close to where you want to be if not already at goal!! Going into the holidays when you’re only a few months out to me feels like it’s going to be quite tricky. Physically I can eat just about anything now mind you they did not operate on my stomach this time so I’m a little further along than most people at this stage but because I physically can eat whatever I want I will have to avoid temptation without surgery looming. I’m not sure if that makes sense. It did in my mind. Lol

On 9/25/2024 at 1:36 PM, MrsFitz said:

I didn't bring the scales with me and I am glad I didn't as it turned out there was one in the hotel room.

I am frustrated though, the day I left for my holidays I reached my target weight (home scales) and when away I checked a couple of times on the hotel one and was still same or a bit less but got home last night and checked my scale this morning and it has me back up 1kg again and therefore above my target. I feel like it is 1kg forward, 2kg back at times. I walked so much over my holiday, D.C. is a very easy city to walk, but did find it hard to hit my Protein goals but tried to make sensible choices as much as possible, I had to ask the hotel to only serve me a half portion of pancakes for Breakfast 😉.

I am hoping my system just has to settle again after plane food etc.

Hurray!!! Gains have gone plus another 1.8lbs on top 🥳🥳🥳 Did a very happy bathroom dance this morning 💃

@ShoppGirlI knew exactly what you meant! It’s why I’m not too fussed if I have to complete the LRD over Christmas because it does away with the temptations for me. I think sometimes we eat more of things we shouldn’t over Christmas because it’s almost like it’s expected or excused? Or is that just me?

@FifiLuxHow maddening for you 😡 It could be Water retention though, especially if you have been eating foods prepared by someone else? My body does complain and take a couple of days to settle down after travelling so hopefully yours will be back to showing target (or below) on your scales in the next few days 🤞🤞 Half portion pancakes? Is there such a thing?? 😉

Off to the hospital to have my eyes checked in a bit. Hopefully this will be the last time as I’m no longer on the meds that can cause eye problems. Had bloods yesterday and the LFT is still high. Oh well, just have them done again in 3 weeks. I’m not worried about it now, covid and antivirals have quite probably contributed to my levels. I did try to explain to the Rheumatology nurse who rang but she didn’t seem to grasp what was trying to explain 🤷‍♀️ I’m sure if it was a massive issue, I would be in to see the Consultant 🙂

TFI Friday eh?

1 hour ago, FifiLux said:

I didn't bring the scales with me and I am glad I didn't as it turned out there was one in the hotel room.

I am frustrated though, the day I left for my holidays I reached my target weight (home scales) and when away I checked a couple of times on the hotel one and was still same or a bit less but got home last night and checked my scale this morning and it has me back up 1kg again and therefore above my target. I feel like it is 1kg forward, 2kg back at times. I walked so much over my holiday, D.C. is a very easy city to walk, but did find it hard to hit my Protein goals but tried to make sensible choices as much as possible, I had to ask the hotel to only serve me a half portion of pancakes for Breakfast 😉.

I am hoping my system just has to settle again after plane food etc.

Could be from the flight? If it causes swelling there could be some Fluid buildup or something. I’m really not sure. Maybe someone else will have more knowledge about it, but it seems like it would be possible.