Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoga Supplies and Tips Please

9 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I’m thinking this will only be a problem for a while. Once your tummy starts to disappear it won’t be much of an issue unless the waist is sitting too high and rolls down when you bend cause it’s in the way. Maybe try ones that sit just below your waist. Never tried the v waisted ones. When I do all my stretches (many yoga based) I just wear my round the house leggings which aren’t really Lycra leggings and in summer I just wear short thicker knit shorts. Both sit more around my hips than waist.

Yea the ones I have now are made to come up high to begin with but I’m getting close to the next size so I have them pulled up even further (almost to my boobs, lol). It made sense that these rolled down but I was wondering if normal ones will do the same thing anyways just because of the belly thing when bending like that. There is another lady in the class that looks close to my size and I wish I could ask her what she wears but I don’t want to be offensive or embarrass her. I mean most of us on here have acknowledged that we are/were obese so we can talk about our bellies but not everyone is in the same boat. It will be weird for me to wear anything that sits at the waist though. Been a while since I have worn that cut. I guess if my belly shows it’s just women at least.

I’d ask her. Just start by telling her you like her leggings and ask if she finds them comfortable because yours are annoying you at the moment. Then ask what brand they are. Most women are happy to share especially after a compliment. I know I am. 😁 You may find a few others join the conversation and you might get a few ideas and style options.

the rolling down is because the leggingd are too big or too loose or to worn out

i have some pairs that i still have to hike up during class.

the best ones i find are the snug-properly fitted high waisted ones...but the have to fit like a glove! these are hard to find for me, so the next best i find are the low cut ones, where the band sits on way down on my hips (easier to find leggings that fit just my hips vs BOTH my hips and waist i guess)

I wear high-waisted Nike ones and they stay in place plus are really comfortable too 🙂

I bet it is just because they are too loose. I am about ready for the next size but I think they will still be a little too snug. You know how In the extended sizes they make you go a couple of inches before the next size which is so unfortunate. Once you get down to the “normal” sizes, there are more sizes in between so I’m sure I will find some to fit me better down the road. I actually am still within the return period for Amazon, maybe I will just send these two back and get the smaller size. If they are not comfortable anyways I may as well wear something I already have that isn’t perfect. At least that’s free. Or maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and they will just fit. If that doesn’t work, I will check out Nike. I just hate to spend a lot knowing that I’m still losing. Then again the ones that I got were not super cheap either, $30 bucks. I ordered some that were three in a pack for $30 and the material was just horrible so I went with the same brand as my bicycle shorts and I really like the material. I only have two pairs of the shorts so I have washed them every other day for over a month now and they still look brand new (navy and black not faded). Plus, they are really soft.

Edited by ShoppGirl