Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Landed back in the UK late last night, and boy am I happy to have my own bed and be with my cats! I do however have COVID after doing a test last night, which sucks 😂

Athens was amazing! The heat was more than manageable, and I was walking 20-25k steps per day for the whole week, and I wasn't in pain like I was on holiday last year. It was so great to already see and feel that change. I felt like I could actually keep up with my friends.

The only thing that I couldn't/didn't want to do, was get to the Acropolis - that was STEEP and I am afraid of heights, so maybe that will be a future thing 😂

I met so many cats which was ideal, and I enjoyed my time thoroughly.

I did try a few glasses of white wine, spread out over a few days, and genuinely it had no effect on me! I was really expecting to feel it, but genuinely there was nothing 🤷‍♀️ I don't think I will choose to drink again haha.

I have also managed to lose a few pounds too, so I am feeling happy about that! Unfortunately my boyfriend has put on 8-9lbs due to eating the leftovers from my food bless him 🤣

Edited by Bypass2Freedom

2 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

Landed back in the UK late last night, and boy am I happy to have my own bed and be with my cats! I do however have COVID after doing a test last night, which sucks 😂

Athens was amazing! The heat was more than manageable, and I was walking 20-25k steps per day for the whole week, and I wasn't in pain like I was on holiday last year. It was so great to already see and feel that change. I felt like I could actually keep up with my friends.

The only thing that I couldn't/didn't want to do, was get to the Acropolis - that was STEEP and I am afraid of heights, so maybe that will be a future thing 😂

I met so many cats which was ideal, and I enjoyed my time thoroughly.

I did try a few glasses of white wine, spread out over a few days, and genuinely it had no effect on me! I was really expecting to feel it, but genuinely there was nothing 🤷‍♀️ I don't think I will choose to drink again haha.

I have also managed to lose a few pounds too, so I am feeling happy about that! Unfortunately my boyfriend has put on 8-9lbs due to eating the leftovers from my food bless him 🤣

Sorry you have Covid but so glad to hear you had a good trip. I bet your cats missed you too.

Wow 25,000 for multiple days good for you. I have been doing like 10-15k average just around the house and neighborhood and the one day I did almost 20 and boy oh boy my dogs were barking as my Dad used to say. I am so looking forward to being a little further out and being able to truly do whatever I want in terms of activity. Told my husband I’d like to do a trip when I reach my goal weight and if he been asking people for suggestions. I don’t want anywhere hot. Someone suggested Iceland. I’ve gotta research that.

After my sleeve, alcohol was the exact same for me. I used to drink the flavored rums with my Coke Zero so I tried it post surgery with crystal light and margaritaville mixes and it tasted okay-ish but I was expecting this super fast buzz that everyone talked about and it did the opposite. Tried it a few more times over the years and even two or three in a night and I still felt nothing. I decided it’s a waste of calories and money for me and I haven’t drank since. I mean I never did it to get trashed but the point usually was a little bit of a buzz at a party or occasion.

Your poor boyfriend who gained a few. Tell him he was taking it for the team, lol Seems like men usually can drop a small amount of weight pretty quick if they really want to 🤞. For future you may want to remind yourself that when you’re in a situation like that it is okay to waste a bit of food. I know it’s hard wired into some of us that we shouldn’t and I have been freezing things and having leftover nights at home to try and avoid it but it is okay if you don’t even have a refrigerator to put it in. It’s better than you or someone else having to overindulge. Now if he was secretly was looking forward to your leftovers that’s a different story. 😉

I hope you feel better really soon!!