Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new week beckons…

Laid in bed this morning, just taking stock of how I’m feeling and I actually feel happy. It’s been a long time since I’ve had that happy feeling for no apparent reason. The first part of my WLS journey is completed and now out of my hands for now so I’ve mentally put that to one side. I’ve started back at the gym and I’M LOVING IT!! I know the gym isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I truly enjoy it. I found something that works for me and can sustain it, which is really important for anyone trying to improve their fitness. I’ve been 3 times this past week and I’m not pushing it as yet, no matter how much the little devil on my shoulder is telling me to 😈 I’m aiming to go every 3rd day at the moment but will re-visit that in a few weeks time.

Granddaughters party went as well as could be expected with other little kids there! I didn’t go mad food-wise - a burger, handful of mini sausage rolls, 1 Jammie Dodger, a cupcake and a small piece of cake. I actually threw a piece of quiche away which is a first for me and left the crisps, coleslaw etc alone! I know it may seem a lot but compared to what I would shovel away previously, it’s actually quite restrained!

My body shape is changing, even if the scales aren’t particularly moving right now. I went through my gym stuff and tried on a pair of leggings that are size 18/20 and they fit! That was a bit of a surprise, especially as I couldn’t get them up my thighs previously 😮 Various other items are now ether too big or now fitting whereas before they were too tight. The jeans that were fine a few weeks ago? Can now get them off without unfastening them! I actually had to buy some smaller things this week. I’m not a fan of bras, they dig in and I find them uncomfortable. So I prefer the crop-top bralette type things (I’m a C cup at most) I’d noticed that I wasn’t feeling as ‘secure’ as I had before so decided it was time to update. I got a couple of vest tops with built-in support and a 3 pack of bralettes from M&S, all in smaller sizes and all fit - yay! It’s the simple things really that can give such a boost 🙂

Hairdressers tomorrow. I’m having a bit of a crisis with my hair at the moment. When I was accepted on to the Bariatric Pathway, I decided to grow my hair (all part of the ‘New Me’ vibe) Previously I had pixi-type cut and now it’s a short bob, just about at the bottom of my ears. However it’s lacking any body and looks really thin. I know my meds can play havoc, especially as I started a new injection back on November which can cause hair thinning after a few months. My hair hasn’t come out in clumps or anything, I’m just finding lots of stray hairs on things. I know that WLS also causes Hair loss, so I’m now floundering a little. I’m going to have a chat with my hairdresser and see what she comes up with but I’m really erring on the side of ‘chop it off’…sigh…it’s not easy being a woman at times is it??

I plan to tackle more of my wardrobe this week and get that thinned out. Has anyone else gone through their clothes and thought to themselves “what were you thinking?” Yeah, I’m having a bit of that. However it’s more of a case of I’ve bought something previously and it has remained unworn. This is what happens when you’re the size of a a house - you buy something because it fits, not because you actually like it. I definitely will be a damn sight more discerning moving forward.

Have a fabulously productive week everyone 😉

Onwards and Downwards!

Lovely update with so many positives - thank you!

Buying clothes just because they fit and not because they are even remotely nice or flattering totally chimes with me. I'm 2.75 years post op and I still can't get my head around buying things just because I like them and they look good on me.

I totally relate to buying things just because they fit. I'm still trying to remember that I get to actually be choosy and find fun and cute styles and colors that are flattering and fun, that I actually like. I'm in a size large. I can go into literally ANY store anywhere and find stuff that fits me. Now it's just a matter of "do I like this enough to buy it, or is it cute HERE in the store but not enough to shell out the dough for it" lol I haven't been able to shop like that in 27 years. So it's definitely taking a while to change my mindset around it.

My husband STILL has to remind me "Babe, why do you keep going to the plus size section? You can't fit in any of that anymore. You wear a large now. All of that will literally fall off you, then you'll be naked in public, I'll get into a fight with someone, I'll get arrested, and all your shopping money will have to go to bailing me out and paying for the lawyer. So just stay over here in the skinny people section and stay away from there. You don't shop over there anymore." When he said that to me the last time we went shopping, I was literally guffawing lol

10 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

I totally relate to buying things just because they fit. I'm still trying to remember that I get to actually be choosy and find fun and cute styles and colors that are flattering and fun, that I actually like. I'm in a size large. I can go into literally ANY store anywhere and find stuff that fits me. Now it's just a matter of "do I like this enough to buy it, or is it cute HERE in the store but not enough to shell out the dough for it" lol I haven't been able to shop like that in 27 years. So it's definitely taking a while to change my mindset around it.

My husband STILL has to remind me "Babe, why do you keep going to the plus size section? You can't fit in any of that anymore. You wear a large now. All of that will literally fall off you, then you'll be naked in public, I'll get into a fight with someone, I'll get arrested, and all your shopping money will have to go to bailing me out and paying for the lawyer. So just stay over here in the skinny people section and stay away from there. You don't shop over there anymore." When he said that to me the last time we went shopping, I was literally guffawing lol

That's hilarious! I can't wait to get to just a large as well!