Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late posting today as I’ve been to the gym this morning and thoroughly enjoyed myself 🥳 Hubby is off work this week so he came with me. We like going together as we both wander off to do our own things but touch base occasionally. Unfortunately there were couple of teens who enjoyed pointing and laughing but it didn’t stop me and it just made them look like a pair of dickheads, especially when others glared at them. I don’t know if they expected me to pass out within a couple of minutes of beginning my workout but I did over an hour so sucks to be you, kids…I did have a chat with a member of staff as to when the quieter times are (without teens as there were quite a few and they have no absolutely no gym manners) and he said before 3pm when the schools go back. Thankfully that’s this week so we will be back Wednesday afternoon to have another go 🙂 Of course it will be interesting to see what state I will be in tomorrow but I didn’t hammer it, just familiarised myself with everything again. I did have a Protein Shake when I got back home plus a hot bath with some Epsom salts in the hope of counteracting the worst of the aches and pains. Looking forward to trying some free weights to get some hardcore toning going on! Couldn’t today as the free weights area was busy.

Went out for lunch yesterday and kept it relatively healthy. Gains from the past week or so have pretty much gone, which is good. I’d thrown on a pair of leggings and a t-shirt earlier in the week and hubby commented on the fact that the weight was coming off my legs and backside. I think his exact words were “you’re losing weight off your legs and arse love”. Such a way with words, what can I say?? Clothing does continue to improve fit-wise, so I'm happy with that.

Granddaughters first day of school on Weds and her 5th birthday on Thursday so there will be cake this coming weekend when we’re there for her party. I can’t believe she’s almost 5 - time really does fly!

Surgeons appointment coming up on Friday - eek! I think I’m as prepared as I will ever be for it. I’ve got over the initial shock re the speed of it and I’m now just looking forward to it. My mini food processor thingy has been delivered and I’ve downloaded a couple of additional Bariatric recipe books for my Kindle (all freebies, thankfully) I’m trying not to think too deeply about the puréed phase as none of it sounds appealing but I know it’s something that has to be gone through! 6 weeks isn’t too long in the grand scheme of things.

Have a super week everyone 😉

Onwards and Downwards!

4 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

Late posting today as I’ve been to the gym this morning and thoroughly enjoyed myself 🥳 Hubby is off work this week so he came with me. We like going together as we both wander off to do our own things but touch base occasionally. Unfortunately there were couple of teens who enjoyed pointing and laughing but it didn’t stop me and it just made them look like a pair of dickheads, especially when others glared at them. I don’t know if they expected me to pass out within a couple of minutes of beginning my workout but I did over an hour so sucks to be you, kids…I did have a chat with a member of staff as to when the quieter times are (without teens as there were quite a few and they have no absolutely no gym manners) and he said before 3pm when the schools go back. Thankfully that’s this week so we will be back Wednesday afternoon to have another go 🙂 Of course it will be interesting to see what state I will be in tomorrow but I didn’t hammer it, just familiarised myself with everything again. I did have a Protein Shake when I got back home plus a hot bath with some Epsom salts in the hope of counteracting the worst of the aches and pains. Looking forward to trying some free weights to get some hardcore toning going on! Couldn’t today as the free weights area was busy.

Went out for lunch yesterday and kept it relatively healthy. Gains from the past week or so have pretty much gone, which is good. I’d thrown on a pair of leggings and a t-shirt earlier in the week and hubby commented on the fact that the weight was coming off my legs and backside. I think his exact words were “you’re losing weight off your legs and arse love”. Such a way with words, what can I say?? Clothing does continue to improve fit-wise, so I'm happy with that.

Granddaughters first day of school on Weds and her 5th birthday on Thursday so there will be cake this coming weekend when we’re there for her party. I can’t believe she’s almost 5 - time really does fly!

Surgeons appointment coming up on Friday - eek! I think I’m as prepared as I will ever be for it. I’ve got over the initial shock re the speed of it and I’m now just looking forward to it. My mini food processor thingy has been delivered and I’ve downloaded a couple of additional Bariatric recipe books for my Kindle (all freebies, thankfully) I’m trying not to think too deeply about the puréed phase as none of it sounds appealing but I know it’s something that has to be gone through! 6 weeks isn’t too long in the grand scheme of things.

Have a super week everyone 😉

Onwards and Downwards!

I was one to think the purée phase was awful too. In fact when I had the sleeve I at the same two things over and over just because it sounded so repulsive to me. This time I got a food processor and was so glad. I still wasn’t a fan of the meat being puréed but I did purée almost everything else and after all the liquids some of it actually tasted pretty good. You can do it either way though. It will fly by.

Ugh, teenagers can be so stupid sometimes. I remember doing some pretty disrespectful things as a teen that I am still ashamed of when I look back though. They just don’t get it yet. I’m glad that you didn’t let it stop you. I am one to worry about what others think which is why I am only starting to exercise outside now because I finally decided that this is for me and only me. If someone doesn’t want to see me trying to get healthier they can look away.

Good call on the recipe books. Someone in my August surgery group also posted a really great website for recipes. I will share that one too. Most of it is free but they do have a subscription deal so some of it is blocked. I have been scrolling through since they shared it. There are over 600 recipes it says but like I said some of them are blocked unless you pay to be member. The lady is a dietician that creates the recipes so they really are good and healthy. Good Luck at your appt with the surgeon. 🩵

https://www.bariatricfoodcoach.com/weight-loss-surgery-recipes/

Were the kindle freebies part of Kindle Unlimited on Amazon UK or something else?

All the ones I find have to be paid for and the ones I did pay for already I would consider really poor - typos throughout such as no measurements for some ingredients or within the instructions it would mention ingredients not even in the list, no temps for cooking etc. and not what I would even consider healthy food at times, total waste of money.

44 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

Were the kindle freebies part of Kindle Unlimited on Amazon UK or something else?

All the ones I find have to be paid for and the ones I did pay for already I would consider really poor - typos throughout such as no measurements for some ingredients or within the instructions it would mention ingredients not even in the list, no temps for cooking etc. and not what I would even consider healthy food at times, total waste of money.

I really feel you on some of the ones I’ve looked at being really, really poor ☹️ I have screenshotted the ones I’ve downloaded to my library. They are all from Kindle Unlimited. I’ve found them useful as they’ve helped give me ideas. I just hope they actually work in practice! Some are linked to a site called ‘Onederland’ which also has a Bariatric Community etc but it’s much, much quieter than this forum so I chose to stick with this one, and I’m glad that I did 😊

@ShoppGirl thank you for the link to the additional recipes 😊 Again, a great source of ideas that I can certainly tweak to UK ingredient availability. And please don’t let thoughts of what others may think of you getting fitter deter you. There will always those who look down on others for a 1001 reasons whether you are fat, thin, tall, short, wearing the latest fashions or dressed like you’ve dipped yourself in Syrup and rolled through your wardrobe in the dark! Karma will do its thing eventually 😈

IMG_0573.jpeg

Thanks for those.

I don't have kindle unlimited as I don't use my kindle enough to warrant it. I have a kindle and the kindle app on my phone and my ipad but I only use it when travelling as I love having a physical book to read.

When I am in the US in a couple of weeks I might look in the bookstores there as there may be more choice and I can take a peak first before possibly purchasing.

I did get this one earlier today when looking. Haven't downloaded it yet though as left my ipad at work.

image.png.99d313edb027c4e3a12646886c15d034.png

5 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

Thanks for those.

I don't have kindle unlimited as I don't use my kindle enough to warrant it. I have a kindle and the kindle app on my phone and my ipad but I only use it when travelling as I love having a physical book to read.

When I am in the US in a couple of weeks I might look in the bookstores there as there may be more choice and I can take a peak first before possibly purchasing.

I did get this one earlier today when looking. Haven't downloaded it yet though as left my ipad at work.

image.png.99d313edb027c4e3a12646886c15d034.png

I absolutely hammer the kindle unlimited and can read a book a day so it works out massively cost effective for me. I do love an actual book but struggle to hold one, especially some of the thicker, weightier ones. Of course, having the kindle app on an iPad makes taking your reading matter with you on holiday is definitely worth it. I remember lugging loads of books with me when going on holiday and taking up valuable suitcase space! I will definitely have a look at your new one, especially as there are 1500 recipes to go at 😮