Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any Athletic shorts that don’t ride up?

Does such a thing exist? I don’t really want to just wear bicycle shorts but I have always had bigger inner thighs (even when I was thin) and this is of course way worse at my current weight. I found “Chamoise Butt’r” which is a cream you put on to prevent chafing which is AMAZING but it still doesn’t stop me from looking and feeling awkward needing to pull my shorts down in the middle every few steps. Has anyone found any shorts that are better for extended sizes?

I’m in the same boat. The best I could do so far is the skort every day knit selection from Woman Within. I can hike, bike, jog, and walk without pulling the legs down. Because I’m so pear shaped I size up to get over my hips then cinch the waist with the tie otherwise they fall down. In the 90’s I found longer spandex bike shorts from Walmart that went to my knees. The problem I have is the band around the bottom of the legging type is too tight and the waist is too big. I started wearing long men’s swim trunks that have a tie waist but go to my knees. Columbia and LL Bean have been my favorites for long men’s swim shorts. I picked swim shorts because there’s a tie waist. The fabric of the shorts are stiff and thick so they stay where they belong. I size up to get them over the hips and butt. I did yoga in them with a longer T-shirt, and there were no unexpected surprise crotch shots lol.

Are they shorts to be seen in or for under a skirt or dress?

For under dresses to stop chaffing I bought a pair of cotton shorts in two sizes smaller so they were secure but also soft.

For wearing out I only ever found one pair that I would be seen in they were actually knee length cargo trousers thing but that was years ago and it took me ages to find them, think they were Chico's or something similar and probably weren't meant to be worn as I did!

1 hour ago, FifiLux said:

Thanks. I’m actually looking for shorts that are to be seen but just something basic to walk around the neighborhood for exercise. I broke down and bought some bike shorts to wear until I find something I like better and I guess they aren’t awful. I just don’t feel super confident in them.

18 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Thanks. I’m actually looking for shorts that are to be seen but just something basic to walk around the neighborhood for exercise. I broke down and bought some bike shorts to wear until I find something I like better and I guess they aren’t awful. I just don’t feel super confident in them.

Sure that is how most people feel a lot of the time so don't worry. I am sure they are grand, they do the job until you find what you want and they probably won't fit you for very long anyway :)

My only suggestion would be biker shorts, even now I have shorts that ride up! i think its a cruel joke from the clothing makers LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches