Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so thrilled for you and hoping to see something similar for myself.

Ps Brag away, you earned it!!

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, AmberFL said:

Those booty workouts are finally making the little peach pop! LOL!!! Thank you!!!

Ok, spill!! What booty workouts???? Because these pancakes need HELP!!!!!

Edited by SleeveToBypass2023

You are looking amazing! :D

13 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Ok, spill!! What booty workouts???? Because these pancakes need HELP!!!!!

haha! girl I gotchu!!

From what I read you work out a lot so if your comfortable with weights then lift heavy! I do anymore from 40 to 110lbs depending on the workout. I workout lower body 3x a week!

Here are some examples of workouts I do! Also you can totally ask, I am having so much fun seeing what transforms my body lol. I have more written down in another book, but if you want more lemme know!! I have great upper body ones too! Still working on the abs lol I haven't found anything that has helped a whole lot, but with the workouts I do now my core is pretty strong.

This is my quick lunch workout paired with 30min of cardio

4 sets 8-10 reps

Leg Press

Seated Hamstrings

Seated Leg Extensions

This is my tried and true for a booty pump:

Cardio: Treadmill 12+ incline 3+ mph 30 min (don't hold onto rails)

Back Extensions 15 reps no weights, 15 reps with weights, 15 reps with the heaviest weights

Bulgarian Split Squats Heavy Weights 4 sets of 8 each leg

Walking lunges Heavy Weights 4 sets of 8 steps turn around and walk back 8 steps

Hip Thrusts Heavy Weighted 4 sets of 8-12 reps

This is a machine only:

Start at highest weight for 2 sets then finish at last set with 10 reps at heaviest weight, 10 reps at medium weight finish with 10 reps at lighter weight

Back extension

Glute Kickback Machine

Hip Adductor

Hip Abductor

Leg lift

Leg curl

8 hours ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

You are looking amazing! :D

thank you! ❤️

47 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

haha! girl I gotchu!!

From what I read you work out a lot so if your comfortable with weights then lift heavy! I do anymore from 40 to 110lbs depending on the workout. I workout lower body 3x a week!

Here are some examples of workouts I do! Also you can totally ask, I am having so much fun seeing what transforms my body lol. I have more written down in another book, but if you want more lemme know!! I have great upper body ones too! Still working on the abs lol I haven't found anything that has helped a whole lot, but with the workouts I do now my core is pretty strong.

This is my quick lunch workout paired with 30min of cardio

4 sets 8-10 reps

Leg Press

Seated Hamstrings

Seated Leg Extensions

This is my tried and true for a booty pump:

Cardio: Treadmill 12+ incline 3+ mph 30 min (don't hold onto rails)

Back Extensions 15 reps no weights, 15 reps with weights, 15 reps with the heaviest weights

Bulgarian Split Squats Heavy Weights 4 sets of 8 each leg

Walking lunges Heavy Weights 4 sets of 8 steps turn around and walk back 8 steps

Hip Thrusts Heavy Weighted 4 sets of 8-12 reps

This is a machine only:

Start at highest weight for 2 sets then finish at last set with 10 reps at heaviest weight, 10 reps at medium weight finish with 10 reps at lighter weight

Back extension

Glute Kickback Machine

Hip Adductor

Hip Abductor

Leg lift

Leg curl

And I am having to mentally pump myself up and buy new shoes just to walk around the block So sad. 😆

4 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

And I am having to mentally pump myself up and buy new shoes just to walk around the block So sad. 😆

not sad at all! I started walking too girl! When I first got this surgery I committed to walking for 30min 5days a week during my lunch break. I did that for 6 weeks, till I started introducing weights with work out videos with Sydney Cummings, So I did my walks during lunch then came home and did my 30min weight work out, After two weeks I knew I needed to go to the gym where I had more options with weights. The top picture is my first day at the gym and then the bottom is this week. Just consistency and tbh I didn't think I would achieve what I did. I really thought in my heart of hearts I would bottom out around 190 and just be "chunky fit" and I was/am okay with that. Start slowwwwww, its not a race and with consistency you will be shocked with your success!!

7 month progress 1.JPG

On 8/28/2024 at 3:22 PM, AmberFL said:

I honestly cannot believe that those pictures are the same people!

neither can i!

you look HAWT.

RAWR!!!

i love your work!

3 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

not sad at all! I started walking too girl! When I first got this surgery I committed to walking for 30min 5days a week during my lunch break. I did that for 6 weeks, till I started introducing weights with work out videos with Sydney Cummings, So I did my walks during lunch then came home and did my 30min weight work out, After two weeks I knew I needed to go to the gym where I had more options with weights. The top picture is my first day at the gym and then the bottom is this week. Just consistency and tbh I didn't think I would achieve what I did. I really thought in my heart of hearts I would bottom out around 190 and just be "chunky fit" and I was/am okay with that. Start slowwwwww, it’snot a race and with consistency you will be shocked with your success!!

7 month progress 1.JPG

Thank you for that. I have a really hard time dealing with the heat and of course my temp goes way up when I exercise since I’m so out of shape. But the extra weight makes it way worse so I have stayed away from exercise for years. Being absolutely drenched in sweat is pretty gross for a female (I’m talking like hair soaked like I went in a pool sweat) and it’s so embarrassing for me that all I will do is my treadmill at home but that is so boring it never sticks.

i am really going to try to just push past it though and start around the neighborhood because I know it will get much better when I lose a bit and get more in shape. This lady at my in person support group walks like 5 miles a day and she suggested walking together. I think I need to start on my own for while but I know that it would be great for me to have someone to do it with so that’s the goal is to walk with her. For now. Hopefully the gym is in my future though.

Weird Question, if your hair does get sweaty do you wash it with Shampoo everyday or just rinse it with Water really well or what. I have oily hair and it took sooooo long for me to get to the point that I could to every other day shampooing but when I was doing the treadmill everyday I was washing it daily and every hairdresser I have been to says it’s not good to wash it daily.

26 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

neither can i!

you look HAWT.

RAWR!!!

i love your work!

Heyyyyy thanks! 😜

20 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Thank you for that. I have a really hard time dealing with the heat and of course my temp goes way up when I exercise since I’m so out of shape. But the extra weight makes it way worse so I have stayed away from exercise for years. Being absolutely drenched in sweat is pretty gross for a female (I’m talking like hair soaked like I went in a pool sweat) and it’s so embarrassing for me that all I will do is my treadmill at home but that is so boring it never sticks.

i am really going to try to just push past it though and start around the neighborhood because I know it will get much better when I lose a bit and get more in shape. This lady at my in person support group walks like 5 miles a day and she suggested walking together. I think I need to start on my own for while but I know that it would be great for me to have someone to do it with so that’s the goal is to walk with her. For now. Hopefully the gym is in my future though.

Weird Question, if your hair does get sweaty do you wash it with Shampoo everyday or just rinse it with Water really well or what. I have oily hair and it took sooooo long for me to get to the point that I could to every other day shampooing but when I was doing the treadmill everyday I was washing it daily and every hairdresser I have been to says it’s not good to wash it daily.

Okay so full disclosure I am that gross sweaty woman, but starting solo and on your own pace really works. I think when I first started I walked 1.5miles in 30min during my lunch. Now I will run 3x a week during my lunch break and I get a touch over 3miles now. Which is not great because I get so sweaty and then I still have the rest of my work day LOL but I take a wet rag and wipe myself off the sweaty parts and change clothes, put deodorant on, and go about my day. Its not ideal but I have 3 kids (13, 7, 2) and work full time, so I have to fit in my workouts (which I will never compromise) where I can. I tried working out after work and it just didn't work with our schedule so I bob and weave lol Anywho, the back of my head and neck get sweaty the most so I just rinse it off. I wash my hair like 2x a week. So I'm probably pretty gross but meh! LOL Its not good to wash your hair daily, from what I am told as well.

I promise you people are not looking at how sweaty you are, if anything they are seeing you get a good work out. You will be surprised once you see your progress how much more you want to do in order to see more progress then by that time its over, your hooked! I cant wait to follow you more! ❤️ Also I am more than happy to share meal preps, recipes, workouts, all the things!

5 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

I promise you people are not looking at how sweaty you are, if anything they are seeing you get a good work out. You will be surprised once you see your progress how much more you want to do in order to see more progress then by that time its over, your hooked! I cant wait to follow you more! ❤️ Also I am more than happy to share meal preps, recipes, workouts, all the things!

In awe of how you are looking and the work you are putting in.

Please share away :)

I am months ahead of you on the op date but months behind on exercising as I was so ill and had no energy really until a couple of months ago and still just building my energy up. I also don't think I could do all that you do on my own, as much as I try to motivate myself as it is just me I find it too easy to find something else to do instead of exercise.

The gyms near me are expensive, I think, between €50 and €75 every two weeks but I think after my holidays next month I will sign up if they allow just a few months membership at a time to see what I can do. I really need to tone my legs and arms.

19 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

I am months ahead of you on the op date but months behind on exercising as I was so ill and had no energy really until a couple of months ago and still just building my energy up. I also don't think I could do all that you do on my own, as much as I try to motivate myself as it is just me I find it too easy to find something else to do instead of exercise.

The gyms near me are expensive, I think, between €50 and €75 every two weeks but I think after my holidays next month I will sign up if they allow just a few months membership at a time to see what I can do. I really need to tone my legs and arms.

Thank you so much!!! That is really pricey! I pay $30 a month unlimited with tanning LOL Is it the best gym ever? probably not, but does it give me everything I need to achieve my goals, yes! I would love to be an accountability partner, If you are just starting and tell me what you are trying to go for and where you are at fitness wise, I can help to the best of my ability. I am not professional just having fun with the process, but I am crazy when it comes to research lol I started with workout videos at home and walking outside. It took some internal pushing for me to get to the gym but now I feel guilty on my one off day lol Or if I stick to only running for 3mil instead of doing more. Its weird!

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

My close friend lives In another city but we just made a pact to start walking at the same time each day and we are going to chat on the phone while we walk. We are planning to start tomorrow night. The goal is 30 minutes but I am going to just do laps around the block just in case that’s too much for me. She is pretty fit but she is going to take the dog and doesn’t want to overdo it with her until she builds her way up either so it works out.

Maybe something like that could work to get you started. Honestly they probably really don’t even have to walk at the same time. Just someone who will be expecting your call, keep you distracted and cheer you on. I know i can text her back and forth for an hour and not even realize how long it’s been so I’m hoping it will be the same on the phone. My goal was to work up to be able to walk with a lady in my support group that walks 5 miles a day but I’m not sure if my friend is going to let me. She is already talking about eventually doing twice a day. 😆

Also if you prefer to do a gym check to see if you have like a community rec center. They are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Posted (edited)

On 8/29/2024 at 7:44 AM, AmberFL said:

Those booty workouts are finally making the little peach pop! LOL!!! Thank you!!!

Wow! Looking great! No amount of booty workouts would make my saggy past its prime fallen off the tree and sitting in the field for two weeks booty pop tho! Too much skin is too much skin 😕 my peaches have been ran over and are now roadkill pancakes!

Edited by BlondePatriotInCDA