Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s been a strange kind of week. I haven’t gone wildly off plan but I have definitely struggled with focus. Nothing has gone wrong, I’m not upset about anything or fed up. I just think that having the dietitian appointment and everything going OK with that sort of had me taking my foot off the accelerator a little. Then the shock of getting my appointment with the surgeon has played with my head somewhat? “I honestly don’t know” is the answer right now. I think, as others have pointed out, that this whole WLS journey became very real this week and there’s a bit of panic going on.

Me and hubby have had lots of conversations this week too, about how the future may look what with the LRD to come, immediate post-surgery things to deal with and then long term. Hubby admitted that he knows he’s going to find how little I will be able to eat a struggle but takes comfort in the fact that others have done, and continue to do, the exact same thing and survive plus the Bariatric team at our hospital seem really switched on so he knows I’m in good hands. It’s a learning curve for him too, with more lessons to come! Thankfully the hospital team does welcome questions from family members because they know it can be difficult for them too.

I’m not worried about anything specific, just more a case of the practicalities of things. I always do better when I have planned things, even if it’s just in my head, because it’s feeling like I have some control! I’ve ordered a mini food processor to hel with the purée part of the journey to come, so that should be here by the end of the week. Hubby has been looking at different sized ice cube trays for freezing individual portions of purée plus looking at recipes etc. I think he feels a bit ‘in limbo’ at the moment, which I do understand.

Anyway, went to see Fatboy Slim on Saturday. I felt good in what I was wearing:IMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.0772d1781ff3501ae88cc07defbe9f93.jpeg

Size smaller sparkly black jeans (with lots of stretch, obviously 😉) It was a nice confidence boost anyway! However, the gig was outside and it was freezing cold - that a UK summer for you 🙄 I had a blanket plus a wrap but it got too cold and my hips and knees just had enough, especially with being locked in one position while sitting on the scooter. We left before the end because I honestly couldn’t handle the cold anymore. Disappointing, yes but it happens. On the drive home the heavens opened and it rained so I didn’t feel too bad after that. It took me ages to get warm though. Had a hot shower, extra blanket on the bed, plus pyjamas but I couldn’t warm up. Hubby eventually made me a hot water bottle and I managed to slowly thaw out. We’ve said no more outdoor things for now, especially as the weather is so unpredictable here.

Nothing else to report. I will knuckle back down and re-focus. I’ve had a weekend of pizza and alcohol so that’s my wander off-plan done with! Oh, my new weighing scales are in agreement with the dietitian’s scales, which surprised me! The dietitian suggested that I took a photo of her printout from when she had weighed me. I have no idea what everything means but she did underline a couple of things like the visceral fat number, metabolic age etc etc and my new scales match those numbers exactly 😮 So thank you @FifiLux for your suggestion 🥰 I just need to make sure that the weight numbers on the new, shiny scales start reducing again…

Wishing everyone a successful, happy week regardless of where you are on your weight loss journey 😎

Onwards and downwards everybody!

You will be really happy that you got the food processor for the purée stage. For my sleeve I didn’t get one and just thought puree food that wasn’t supposed to be purred sounded so gross. This time around this stage is sooooo much easier because I can have more variety. You can add some foods witb Fiber too which helps with the Constipation. I still don’t really like purée meat but I add unflavored Protein Powder to everything else and supplement with shakes. I know you didn’t get as much time as expected to wrap your mind around all this as expected but you are ready and you’ve got this!!

No one is perfect all the time. Things happen. We slip. For any number of reasons. And sometimes we just have to make the best decision we can in a situation even if it really isn’t the best. The difference between a slip and a free fall is you know what the slips were and you’re ready to get, or are already, back on track which is where you are,

Your Fatboy Slim outfit looks great on you. Glad you had a wonderful time even with feeling extremely cold. That will continue to happen - I still feel cold all the time. I found an electric blanket helpful when the cold gets right down intro your bones.

I specifically made sure that purée was one of the options @ShoppGirl. I can’t say that the thought of puréed food thrills me but the hospital says that, if you have a bypass, the puréed stage is for 6 weeks (4 weeks for a sleeve) If nothing else, it allows hubby to have a play when he’s prepping meals for me too!

I’m reigning in the free fall @Arabesque This is where things can go wrong for me as I’ve experienced many times in the past. It can be a delicate balancing act at times. This is why I feel I will benefit from WLS because it’s difficult to be make good choices all the time when something inconsequential can send me spiralling into unwise food choices. Willpower can get me so far but I know myself. If I was able to be moderate in my choices, portion sizes etc then I wouldn’t be in this position now! Oh, I have an electric heated throw that I use for the sofa plus we have an electric blanket for the bed which we haven’t put back on for the colder months yet. It’s difficult isn’t it, when you feel the cold has seeped through to your bones? I’ve always been a warm person - windows open, fans on all night so feeling cold is a strange experience 🥶

On 8/26/2024 at 10:22 AM, MrsFitz said:

It’s been a strange kind of week. I haven’t gone wildly off plan but I have definitely struggled with focus. Nothing has gone wrong, I’m not upset about anything or fed up. I just think that having the dietitian appointment and everything going OK with that sort of had me taking my foot off the accelerator a little. Then the shock of getting my appointment with the surgeon has played with my head somewhat? “I honestly don’t know” is the answer right now. I think, as others have pointed out, that this whole WLS journey became very real this week and there’s a bit of panic going on.

Me and hubby have had lots of conversations this week too, about how the future may look what with the LRD to come, immediate post-surgery things to deal with and then long term. Hubby admitted that he knows he’s going to find how little I will be able to eat a struggle but takes comfort in the fact that others have done, and continue to do, the exact same thing and survive plus the Bariatric team at our hospital seem really switched on so he knows I’m in good hands. It’s a learning curve for him too, with more lessons to come! Thankfully the hospital team does welcome questions from family members because they know it can be difficult for them too.

I’m not worried about anything specific, just more a case of the practicalities of things. I always do better when I have planned things, even if it’s just in my head, because it’s feeling like I have some control! I’ve ordered a mini food processor to hel with the purée part of the journey to come, so that should be here by the end of the week. Hubby has been looking at different sized ice cube trays for freezing individual portions of purée plus looking at recipes etc. I think he feels a bit ‘in limbo’ at the moment, which I do understand.

Anyway, went to see Fatboy Slim on Saturday. I felt good in what I was wearing:IMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.0772d1781ff3501ae88cc07defbe9f93.jpeg

Size smaller sparkly black jeans (with lots of stretch, obviously 😉) It was a nice confidence boost anyway! However, the gig was outside and it was freezing cold - that a UK summer for you 🙄 I had a blanket plus a wrap but it got too cold and my hips and knees just had enough, especially with being locked in one position while sitting on the scooter. We left before the end because I honestly couldn’t handle the cold anymore. Disappointing, yes but it happens. On the drive home the heavens opened and it rained so I didn’t feel too bad after that. It took me ages to get warm though. Had a hot shower, extra blanket on the bed, plus pyjamas but I couldn’t warm up. Hubby eventually made me a hot water bottle and I managed to slowly thaw out. We’ve said no more outdoor things for now, especially as the weather is so unpredictable here.

Nothing else to report. I will knuckle back down and re-focus. I’ve had a weekend of pizza and alcohol so that’s my wander off-plan done with! Oh, my new weighing scales are in agreement with the dietitian’s scales, which surprised me! The dietitian suggested that I took a photo of her printout from when she had weighed me. I have no idea what everything means but she did underline a couple of things like the visceral fat number, metabolic age etc etc and my new scales match those numbers exactly 😮 So thank you @FifiLux for your suggestion 🥰 I just need to make sure that the weight numbers on the new, shiny scales start reducing again…

You'll need to get used to feeling the cold, once you loose all the weight you won't have as much fat to keep you warm 😂

I think you are plenty focused as it is and we all have cheat days, they will just be a smaller portion size for those post-op. Friday is my pizza day now if I am eating at home and it is just 1/5 or 1/4 of a frozen pizza so that one pizza lasts me four to five Fridays.

Sadly my Amazon doesn't have the travel version of the scale in stock as I would have liked that for my holiday next month, just to help me make sure I am still on track as I will be doing a lot of walking I hope (if my knees don't complain too much).

1 minute ago, FifiLux said:

You'll need to get used to feeling the cold, once you loose all the weight you won't have as much fat to keep you warm 😂

I think you are plenty focused as it is and we all have cheat days, they will just be a smaller portion size for those post-op. Friday is my pizza day now if I am eating at home and it is just 1/5 or 1/4 of a frozen pizza so that one pizza lasts me four to five Fridays.

Sadly my Amazon doesn't have the travel version of the scale in stock as I would have liked that for my holiday next month, just to help me make sure I am still on track as I will be doing a lot of walking I hope (if my knees don't complain too much).

I must’ve missed something. Is there a travel scale that someone tried and it actually works?

6 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

OMG!! Travel scales!! I’ve just checked my Amazon and found them 😮 I’ve told hubby that they will go in my basket for a future purchase! Have a look at these @ShoppGirljust in case you can order where you are: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RENPHO-Bathroom-Portable-Traveling-Composition/dp/B09YC48Y1F

(Can’t believe how excited I am about these…I need to get out a lot more 😉)

6 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I must’ve missed something. Is there a travel scale that someone tried and it actually works?

For body weight yes, the brand I use (Renpho) also have a travel one that has really good reviews. Its available on Amazon UK and US sites but not the German or French ones. I am tempted to order it on the US one for delivery to the hotel I am going to be at.

5 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

For body weight yes, the brand I use (Renpho) also have a travel one that has really good reviews. Its available on Amazon UK and US sites but not the German or French ones. I am tempted to order it on the US one for delivery to the hotel I am going to be at.

I would order it for delivery to your hotel, especially as it ties in with the one you have at home plus it uses to same app so your information will be much more accurate.

Ooops I accidently put it in my basket and paid for it on the UK site so it will arrive to me on Friday or Monday 🤣

It means I can bring it with my on my upcoming work trip and then holiday so I don't miss my Monday weigh in's. That is how I am justifying it to myself, even though I promised myself and my bank balance I wouldn't buy anything else before my holiday.

Just now, FifiLux said:

Ooops I accidently put it in my basket and paid for it on the UK site so it will arrive to me on Friday or Monday 🤣

It means I can bring it with my on my upcoming work trip and then holiday so I don't miss my Monday weigh in's. That is how I am justifying it to myself, even though I promised myself and my bank balance I wouldn't buy anything else before my holiday.

Excellent! LOL!!

Just now, MrsFitz said:

Excellent! LOL!!

That is now 7 Amazon deliveries due in the next few days and an order from About You. This weight loss journey is so expensive 😂

1 minute ago, FifiLux said:

That is now 7 Amazon deliveries due in the next few days and an order from About You. This weight loss journey is so expensive 😂

Seriously, this honestly sounds like my house - 2 deliveries today, 1 tomorrow, 2 Thursday. Not all weight loss related though, trying to get stuff bought now for the dreaded “C” word in December 😬 Just look at it as you’re not buying as much food so it should all balance out eventually…sort of…maybe 😉

17 minutes ago, MrsFitz said:

OMG!! Travel scales!! I’ve just checked my Amazon and found them 😮 I’ve told hubby that they will go in my basket for a future purchase! Have a look at these @ShoppGirljust in case you can order where you are: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RENPHO-Bathroom-Portable-Traveling-Composition/dp/B09YC48Y1F

(Can’t believe how excited I am about these…I need to get out a lot more 😉)

You and me both and that’s the exact one that popped up when I just searched too. Then I went on to portable kitchen scales and collapsing measuring cups. I love just adding stuff to the cart and waiting when I go on tangents like this. Gives me a second to come to my senses about just how often I’m going to break out my portable scale at a restaurant. 😆

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

You and me both and that’s the exact one that popped up when I just searched too. Then I went on to portable kitchen scales and collapsing measuring cups. I love just adding stuff to the cart and waiting when I go on tangents like this. Gives me a second to come to my senses about just how often I’m going to break out my portable scale at a restaurant. 😆

Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do 😉😂🤣 The portable kitchen scales have me thinking though…🤔