Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s been a good week all told. Lots of positives, which I’m really pleased about. I’ve rejoined the gym to begin at the start of September. I’ve made my first payment so no shirking now! I cannot fully explain how happy I am about this. I’ve even said I’d go to aqua fit with hubby (he used to go a long time ago, only bloke in a pool full of women, all enjoying it until some arse of a pool guard asked why he was doing a class with, and I quote, ‘old ladies’. This completely destroyed hubby’s confidence and he never went back, even though it really helped him with his back pain) So, I’ve offered to go with him, even though I hate swimming and only do the pool when I’m abroad and it’s hot! Anyway, he’s having a think about it.

Had a clothing clear out this weekend. I’ve definitely come down a size so all the bigger stuff ether went in a bag for daughter in law or charity shop. I’ve also go rid of a lot of warm weather stuff too as I have absolutely no intention of being this size come next summer 😎 Hubby also voluntarily went through his things and got rid of a load of shirts and tops as he has slowly been losing weight and so had lots of things that were too big. I will admit to being a horribly bitter wife at this point as his diet is atrocious - doesn’t eat all day, has sandwiches/wraps etc for dinner, with loads of crisps, chocolate, biscuits, cake etc during the evening and the weight is coming off. I have a frigging biscuit and 4lbs appears out of nowhere 😡 Yes, I know, I’m a horrible cow but at least I’m honest!

I tried on some smaller sized things (next size down) Again, the stretchy stuff fit, which was a bit of a boost. I also dug out my gym stuff and tried that stuff on. I’m OK for the size I am now and also for when I drop a size or 2 as well, so that’s sorted out the next couple of months at least.

Off to see Fat Boy Slim at this coming weekend, another ‘wave your hands in the air like you just don’t care’ show, and I had a pair of skinny, black sparkly jeans in mind but I wasn’t sure if they would fit (have never worn them) I tried them on and they fit!! Obviously the material is as stretchy as hell but I will take it! I’ve now sorted my outfit out, and feel very excited about it. The top I’m wearing will hopefully mask the tummy tire (only surgery will ever get rid of that) and I’ll be throwing some shapes with the best of them 😉

Had physio this morning and it hasn’t killed me, which is all good. I discussed the gym and the physio was all for it. I came away with some exercises to do at home plus I’m booked in for a double physio session in September so I can go through some things in their gym to see what works.

It’s the dietitian appointment this week. I’ve completed my food diaries so I’m hoping all goes well and I can move on to the next stage of this WLS journey by getting an appointment with the surgeon. I don’t know if it’s surgeon first or if it’s the multi-disciplinary team get together where they decide if I’m a good ‘fit’ or not. I am chomping at the bit a little, I’ll be honest, but it will take as long as it takes I guess 🤷‍♀️

I ordered a book this weekend called ‘52 Small Changes’ (free on Kindle Unlimited too) I want to make other changes to my life without feeling overwhelmed. I remembered the book from years ago so thought I’d have another little look. It’s a years programme (for want of another explanation) where you make a small change every week eg getting off the couch, getting enough sleep, eating whole grains, drinking Water, stretching, explanations of food labels and how to read them etc. It’s all little, positive steps that I think , in the main, would work well with my WLS journey. Obviously there will be things that need tweaking or adjusting to fit in with the food and drink requirements after surgery but I’m happy to at least start. So, this is pencilled in to begin when my gym sessions start again. I’ve downloaded to my iPad via Kindle Unlimited as there are lots of hyperlinks for additional information plus I’ve ordered a physical copy too as I find it easier to follow and, more importantly, absorb!

I think that’s enough waffle for today 😉

Onwards and Downwards Everyone!

I love your posts so much, I really do!!! OH, I meant to tell you... so my godfather is married to the most amazing woman (family friends since before I was born, they are my "aunt" and "uncle" and I love them so much) and she is from the UK. I have tried for YEARS to follow along with what she says, and it's a 50/50 crap shoot if I actually understand what she's saying. SO anyway, I was talking to her over the weekend and I actually was able to follow along with more of what she was saying. She was surprised and asked if I was using Rosetta Stone or something to learn British slang (she's always busting my chops until I start speaking Southern to her, then it's crickets lol) and I told her about you and showed her some of our past chats and she said to tell you "bloody hell, you did the impossible! Cheers, mate!!" 🙄😁🤣

Now back to the topics at hand lol I'm so so happy for you that you're rediscovering your wardrobe!!! It's so fun to be surprised with smaller sizes, isn't it?? I know what you mean about the "bitter wife syndrome" lol My husband, over the last 2 years, has lost 65 pounds. How? Oh, walking to the lake and back with me twice a week, riding the exercise bike 1-2x per week, eating absolute GARBAGE but just less often, parking at the back of the parking lot when he goes to the store 1-2x per week, cutting out sugar, reducing salt intake.....that's it. That's LITERALLY it. He's gone down 2 clothing sizes and gotten off his diabetes and blood pressure meds.....just by doing that little bit. No diet changes, no work out routines, nothing. UGH!!!!! I love him, and I'm happy for him, but UGH!!!!!!!

Good luck at your dietician appt!!! You sound prepared. I bet it'll go well :) I have faith that you'll be ready to move on to the next steps for your WLS. I know it's annoying when it takes a long time, but I promise, the wait is absolutely worth it. And you're doing awesome, so I know you'll see some amazing results.

YAY for the gym and physio!!! I am just so happy for you and proud of how hard you're working and how far you've already come. Enjoy your show, you've definitely earned it. Have a great week!!! :)

@SleeveToBypass2023you do make me laugh! I’m so glad that you’re able to understand your ‘godmother’ now, I feel I have rendered a valuable service 😉 Of course, there are always the joys of accents and drawls to throw in to this mix as well, which can add even more confusion. I’m a Yorkshire girl so we do have our own way of saying things, just like you will with your Southern sayings! And I’m so glad I’m not the only bitter wife out there…yes, I love him dearly but oh, there are times when I want to smother him with a pillow when he’s asleep 😈 I remember when we’d come back from our 2 week holiday in September last year and he was bitching that he’d put a couple of pounds on, whereas I had put on over a stone (14lbs) and I honestly wanted to stab him. He is supportive though, plus he has taken time off work to take me to all my hospital appointments etc as I still can’t bend my knees enough to climb in the van to drive myself but I will get there. Hopefully I will feel more able in a few more weeks 🤞

I rescued a pair of Billabong shorts from the charity shop bag yesterday as something for me to aim for on my WLS journey. I’d last worn them when I’d lost a load of weight previously and had worn them on holiday. Even now I cannot believe that I fit in to them. I tried them this morning and I cannot even get them halfway up my thighs, never mind anywhere else! I think I need to lose an additional 100lbs or so to have any chance of getting them on but stranger things have happened I guess 🤷‍♀️ I do generally use clothing as my inspiration to aim for, so I guess these are the ultimate goal!!

42 minutes ago, MrsFitz said:

@SleeveToBypass2023you do make me laugh! I’m so glad that you’re able to understand your ‘godmother’ now, I feel I have rendered a valuable service 😉 Of course, there are always the joys of accents and drawls to throw in to this mix as well, which can add even more confusion. I’m a Yorkshire girl so we do have our own way of saying things, just like you will with your Southern sayings! And I’m so glad I’m not the only bitter wife out there…yes, I love him dearly but oh, there are times when I want to smother him with a pillow when he’s asleep 😈 I remember when we’d come back from our 2 week holiday in September last year and he was bitching that he’d put a couple of pounds on, whereas I had put on over a stone (14lbs) and I honestly wanted to stab him. He is supportive though, plus he has taken time off work to take me to all my hospital appointments etc as I still can’t bend my knees enough to climb in the van to drive myself but I will get there. Hopefully I will feel more able in a few more weeks 🤞

I rescued a pair of Billabong shorts from the charity shop bag yesterday as something for me to aim for on my WLS journey. I’d last worn them when I’d lost a load of weight previously and had worn them on holiday. Even now I cannot believe that I fit in to them. I tried them this morning and I cannot even get them halfway up my thighs, never mind anywhere else! I think I need to lose an additional 100lbs or so to have any chance of getting them on but stranger things have happened I guess 🤷‍♀️ I do generally use clothing as my inspiration to aim for, so I guess these are the ultimate goal!!

My aunt is from York, as well!!!!! She's lived here in the States for 30 years full time and 50% of the time for about 15 years, so she doesn't say stone or any of that any more (still says flat instead of apartment and pronounces H as haytch OMG WHYYYYY), but her accent is still so thick, and she has so many funny things she says that I gave up trying to figure out YEARS ago lol

16 minutes ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

My aunt is from York, as well!!!!! She's lived here in the States for 30 years full time and 50% of the time for about 15 years, so she doesn't say stone or any of that any more (still says flat instead of apartment and pronounces H as haytch OMG WHYYYYY), but her accent is still so thick, and she has so many funny things she says that I gave up trying to figure out YEARS ago lol

LOL! York is around 45 miles from me! You will definitely understand what I mean re the accent and Yorkshire dialect then. Does your aunt still know her manky from her butty? I bet she were reet chuffed wi’ yer ‘an all 😎

2 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

LOL! York is around 45 miles from me! You will definitely understand what I mean re the accent and Yorkshire dialect then. Does your aunt still know her manky from her butty? I bet she were reet chuffed wi’ yer ‘an all 😎

Yes, she was quite happy with me lol And And she said her sandwich is not nasty or rotten lol I knew what chuffed meant but now ya'll are speakin a whole other language lol Makes my head hurt lol

2 hours ago, MrsFitz said:

Oh lord, ok she said "Ow do, just faffin' wit me niece. She say stop mitherin' me, I say nay wee one. Now she vexed, but I reckon it's be reight". Like...what??? lol Ok then...just keep your secret language. I have a headache now.

3 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Oh lord, ok she said "Ow do, just faffin' wit me niece. She say stop mitherin' me, I say nay wee one. Now she vexed, but I reckon it's be reight". Like...what??? lol Ok then...just keep your secret language. I have a headache now.

OK, I’ll stop teasing you now 😂 She says she’s messing around with her niece, to stop bothering her, she says no, little one, she’s irritated (or annoyed) but she thinks it will be alright 😉

You will definitely become an old hand at this!