Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today I am finally at 3 months post op. Here is what that means for me:

• I can stop taking lansoprazole...YESSSSSSS! I absolutely hate the taste of that thing and if I never have to take it again, it'll be too soon.
  • I can start taking tablets again, meaning I can try my Forceval prescription Vitamins. I have heard that these can make people feel quite nauseous, so I will wait an hour after eating in the evening to take it, rather than in the morning as I usually do.
  • I am due for bloods to be taken via my GP, though I imagine I'll struggle to get an appointment!

I just wanted to reflect on my journey so far, and where I am at now.

It is weird how quickly this becomes your new normal. In the beginning with the gas pain, the extreme fatigue etc, I did wonder how I'd adjust, but here I am! I was shocked at how fast the weight dropped initially, and I know I will keep losing (hopefully) for a little while longer.

I think we all go through this weird mindset of being overweight for such a while, and our bodies not responding as we had hoped to fad diets, or us punishing ourselves for 'not trying hard enough', that I truly wondered if the surgery would even work.

And it has worked, and it will continue to do so!

I am in the dreaded - but very expected - 3 month stall. My weight isn't really moving much, but I know that I just need to keep on with my normal eating and routine and it'll break eventually (thanks to reading all of the posts regarding this phenomenon 🤣)

I can still get dizzy when I am exercising, and my strength at the gym has really decreased which I am a bit miffed about, but I'll get there!

TMI incoming: but pooping is still an annoyance...the severe Constipation I had in the early post-op weeks still results in some little tears when I pass a bowel movement, so I am dealing with my new normal 😂

Positives:

• I passed my driving test and I am picking up my car on Saturday! I really do attribute passing to losing weight, and how it has made me feel more confident and capable.
  • I can walk around for hours and not have pain in my hips and lower back. Pre-surgery this was absolutely excruciating, even the 5-6 minute walk home from work I had to stop 2-3 times due to the pain and being out of breath. No such worries now!
  • I can see the weight loss in my face, which makes me happy.
  • I can fit into a pair of denim shorts that previously couldn't even make their way up my lower thigh!
  • My current weight is amazing to me, even though I am not at my goal YET, I haven't been this weight since 2017.

In general, I just feel happier in myself, and I can't wait for the future!

If you have read all of this, thank you! ❤️

I had my presurgical assessment and they said I would need lansoprazole. It sounds like a Pasta dish so I was really confused! 😂 I'd never heard of it, although I have vague memory of my step-dad being on it for a short time.

Congrats an all your progress! You look amazing! I really notice a difference between your old profile pic and your new one!

2 minutes ago, NeonRaven8919 said:

I had my presurgical assessment and they said I would need lansoprazole. It sounds like a Pasta dish so I was really confused! 😂 I'd never heard of it, although I have vague memory of my step-dad being on it for a short time.

Congrats an all your progress! You look amazing! I really notice a difference between your old profile pic and your new one!

They should prescribe you the orodispersible tablets which you literally just pop in your mouth and suck on like a sweetie and it just dissolves...but into mush 🤢 Not to put you off, as they are 100% completely necessary, but yeah...glad to be rid of them 😂 I wish it was Pasta 😩

Thank you lovely!

Massive congrats on your progress so far! I remember your initial profile pic, and you can so tell you have lost in your face! It's funny as I am the same in that respect - seem to have visibly lost in my face first, and folks I haven't seen for a while (and don't know I've had WLS) ask me if I've done something to my face as its different (good different) haha.

I totally agree with the new normal takes some time to get used to. I am at the 2 month mark now and still have to remind myself that I will lose more weight, albeit I have slowed now to about 2-3lbs per week, even with exercise everyday.

RE the out of breath part, I was the same - would struggle to walk up an incline for 2 mins without being out of breath and sweaty, now I can do it no problem.

Keep up the great work, I am sure the stall will move soon.

Constipation becomes a chronic issue for some of us (for others, it improves once you can start eating more fiber). I've been dealing with it since my surgery nine years ago. I take a capful of Miralax every day (polyethylene glycol - I don't remember the brand names in the UK) to keep on top of it. Others take stool softeners, magnesium tablets, Fiber supplements - or whatever works for them.

35 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Massive congrats on your progress so far! I remember your initial profile pic, and you can so tell you have lost in your face! It's funny as I am the same in that respect - seem to have visibly lost in my face first, and folks I haven't seen for a while (and don't know I've had WLS) ask me if I've done something to my face as its different (good different) haha.

I totally agree with the new normal takes some time to get used to. I am at the 2 month mark now and still have to remind myself that I will lose more weight, albeit I have slowed now to about 2-3lbs per week, even with exercise everyday.

RE the out of breath part, I was the same - would struggle to walk up an incline for 2 mins without being out of breath and sweaty, now I can do it no problem.

Keep up the great work, I am sure the stall will move soon.

Thank you so much! It is strange isn't it - it does seem to be the same for most people in terms of where they lose weight first!

How are you feeling 2 months in?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, catwoman7 said:

Constipation becomes a chronic issue for some of us (for others, it improves once you can start eating more fiber). I've been dealing with it since my surgery nine years ago. I take a capful of Miralax every day (polyethylene glycol - I don't remember the brand names in the UK) to keep on top of it. Others take stool softeners, magnesium tablets, Fiber supplements - or whatever works for them.

It is honestly the only downside for me at the moment, and I really hate it 😢 I was using Dulcoease (1 5ml spoonful in the evening) when it was really bad (blood with bowel movements), which seems to be starting again, so I shall have to just go back to what I was doing to heal!

So glad things went well for you at your follow-up appointment and you can stop taking lansoprazole - hurray!! It’s amazing how much has changed for you in such a short space of time, and will continue to change for quite a while yet. I think it takes a some time to find your feet when you have undergone some transformative weight loss, plus I also think there’s an element of mourning the person you was and not being sure about the person you’re becoming.

I hope you’re documenting your experience, just so you can look back on your journey when things get difficult or you get fed up. It always helps to have something to guide us when we’re feeling out of sorts, or the dreaded stall look’s never ending!

Well done on your journey so far 👏👏👏

33 minutes ago, MrsFitz said:

So glad things went well for you at your follow-up appointment and you can stop taking lansoprazole - hurray!! It’s amazing how much has changed for you in such a short space of time, and will continue to change for quite a while yet. I think it takes a some time to find your feet when you have undergone some transformative weight loss, plus I also think there’s an element of mourning the person you was and not being sure about the person you’re becoming.

I hope you’re documenting your experience, just so you can look back on your journey when things get difficult or you get fed up. It always helps to have something to guide us when we’re feeling out of sorts, or the dreaded stall look’s never ending!

Well done on your journey so far 👏👏👏

Thank you! And god yeah I am over the moon I can stop taking it 😂 Though we shall see how my tummy deals with the Forceval haha!

It feels like no time at all, but also such a long time too - it is very strange! And definitely, I feel a sense of loss for the old me, and how bad she felt all of the time.

I am needing to take some more full body pictures & to do my measurements but I keep forgetting and getting distracted by Animal Crossing 😂

Well done, you! Seriously, you're doing so marvelously. And you sound so upbeat, content and energized. ^_^

Ugh, I was so happy to be off the lansoprazole too. It can cause / add to Constipation, so maybe now that you're off it you'll have that ease off a bit too.

18 hours ago, JennyBeez said:

Well done, you! Seriously, you're doing so marvelously. And you sound so upbeat, content and energized. ^_^

Ugh, I was so happy to be off the lansoprazole too. It can cause / add to Constipation, so maybe now that you're off it you'll have that ease off a bit too.

Thank you so much! I am definitely a lot happier!

Ughhh it's so awful. The pain & minimal bleeding from it just makes my absolute day 🤣

WOOHOO!!!! That's awesome, congrats!!! You really are doing wonderfully. It's only going to get better from here :)

On 08/14/2024 at 10:39, Bypass2Freedom said:

So today I am finally at 3 months post op. Here is what that means for me:

• I can stop taking lansoprazole...YESSSSSSS! I absolutely hate the taste of that thing and if I never have to take it again, it'll be too soon.

• I can start taking tablets again, meaning I can try my Forceval prescription Vitamins. I have heard that these can make people feel quite nauseous, so I will wait an hour after eating in the evening to take it, rather than in the morning as I usually do.

• I am due for bloods to be taken via my GP, though I imagine I'll struggle to get an appointment!

I just wanted to reflect on my journey so far, and where I am at now.

It is weird how quickly this becomes your new normal. In the beginning with the gas pain, the extreme fatigue etc, I did wonder how I'd adjust, but here I am! I was shocked at how fast the weight dropped initially, and I know I will keep losing (hopefully) for a little while longer.

I think we all go through this weird mindset of being overweight for such a while, and our bodies not responding as we had hoped to fad diets, or us punishing ourselves for 'not trying hard enough', that I truly wondered if the surgery would even work.

And it has worked, and it will continue to do so!

I am in the dreaded - but very expected - 3 month stall. My weight isn't really moving much, but I know that I just need to keep on with my normal eating and routine and it'll break eventually (thanks to reading all of the posts regarding this phenomenon 🤣)

I can still get dizzy when I am exercising, and my strength at the gym has really decreased which I am a bit miffed about, but I'll get there!

TMI incoming: but pooping is still an annoyance...the severe Constipation I had in the early post-op weeks still results in some little tears when I pass a bowel movement, so I am dealing with my new normal 😂

Positives:

• I passed my driving test and I am picking up my car on Saturday! I really do attribute passing to losing weight, and how it has made me feel more confident and capable.

• I can walk around for hours and not have pain in my hips and lower back. Pre-surgery this was absolutely excruciating, even the 5-6 minute walk home from work I had to stop 2-3 times due to the pain and being out of breath. No such worries now!

• I can see the weight loss in my face, which makes me happy.

• I can fit into a pair of denim shorts that previously couldn't even make their way up my lower thigh!

• My current weight is amazing to me, even though I am not at my goal YET, I haven't been this weight since 2017.

In general, I just feel happier in myself, and I can't wait for the future!

If you have read all of this, thank you! ❤️

Yayy congrats !

I’d heard of the 3 week stall but not the 3 month 😱 this explains so much !! I’m about 4 months post up and i’ve hit my first long stall : it’s been 4 weeks and no loss.

Oh well i can’t complain i just take it one day at a time but that worry creeps on me sometimes

Well done to everyone in this thread i get so happy when people describe all their personal NSVs !!

My biggest one happened a few days ago:

No more seatbelt extender on the plane

I weirdly enough didn’t even expect it so it was an entire new (positive) shock when i got on the plane and just randomly realised i could fit comfortably in the seat and buckle the belt 😊