Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bypass surgery in a couple of day and panicking!

Hi 👋 currently at the pre op anesthesia appointment with a mild cold and scared my surgery would be postponed (even tho it's for my safety) but I think I am already mentally ready for it so I just want to get it over with. From where j am, there is no pre op diet. I just get into it so I've been having mini food funerals ..

I am ready to do it and I'll need ur support because my negative mind gets the best of me. (What if I don't lose weight? What if I regain it all? What if .....)

My operation is confirmed for 15th Aug (if I pass the anesthesia today)

Wish me luck

I am sure your appointment will go well and you will be all set for 15th.

I was the same, with no pre-op diet to follow so I just made sure to enjoy my last few pre-op meals, meeting friends and having drinks in the few weeks lead up and weaning myself off coffee.

Of course you will lose weight and you just have to take the time to work on the new you (inside and out) so that you will have the strength and mindset not to get back to where you are now and what lead you to need the surgery.

We all hope not to have regain but even a few kg/lbs back on is ok too but try not to focus on a negative like that as positive mindset going forward is the best way to be. Your body will be readjusting and has to find its own level. Over the course of your journey there will be weight losses, gains and stalls and we are all here for you to vent, ask questions etc.

🍀

22 minutes ago, FifiLux said:

I am sure your appointment will go well and you will be all set for 15th.

I was the same, with no pre-op diet to follow so I just made sure to enjoy my last few pre-op meals, meeting friends and having drinks in the few weeks lead up and weaning myself off coffee.

Of course you will lose weight and you just have to take the time to work on the new you (inside and out) so that you will have the strength and mindset not to get back to where you are now and what lead you to need the surgery.

We all hope not to have regain but even a few kg/lbs back on is ok too but try not to focus on a negative like that as positive mindset going forward is the best way to be. Your body will be readjusting and has to find its own level. Over the course of your journey there will be weight losses, gains and stalls and we are all here for you to vent, ask questions etc.

🍀

This is the sweetest msg ever.. I really appreciate and I have to always remind myself to be kind to me. I just finished from my app and I have passed! Admission on 13th of Aug and surgery on 14th ... let's go NEW ME!

So by this time next week you will be post-op :)

My surgery was 4th July last year and even though I am not American I consider it my Independence Day as it was the first day of a new and improved, as in happier and healthier, me but it has taken me many months of recovery and work to get where I am so far, surgery is certainly not the easy option some people think (as in those who don't need it).

The coming weeks and months will be a learning curve so don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself, don't compare your losses to others as everyone is different and just most importantly be kind to yourself. That I think is what I have come away with most from the last year, I take time for myself when needed, I say no to things I don't want to do rather than try to make everyone else happy as I used to in the past, I listen to my body more when it says it needs a walk/fresh air or rest, I speak up for myself more and I am really trying not to let the little things stress me out as I am very much a person who always felt the need to be in control (even if it was control of overeating etc.).

If you haven't done so already I recommend taking your measurements and some pictures today or tomorrow so you have something to look back on in the coming months and years to see how well you do.

Congrats and I think you'll do just fine. I think you'll lose your weight and be successful. I was like you, I couldn't wait. I was so ready because it was so tough to live the way that I had been living for years beforehand. I had my fears just like everyone else, but I knew deep down this was my only chance to live a normal and healthy life. I had long given up on diets, pills... Etc.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Congrats and I think you'll do just fine. I think you'll lose your weight and be successful. I was like you, I couldn't wait. I was so ready because it was so tough to live the way that I had been living for years beforehand. I had my fears just like everyone else, but I knew deep down this was my only chance to live a normal and healthy life. I had long given up on diets, pills... Etc.

I think so too! I will be that sucess story! I'm just reading so much on other people's mistake so I am ready for it. My worry is like 1-2 year post op and the regain stories. Like is it 100% because of poor food choices? And for them to regain, it must have been ALOOOOT of poor choices for many many days. Because surely u won't regain from one bad day of eating.. these are the thoughts that keeps up... THE FUTURE Hehe

Your going to do great!!! We are all rooting for you!! Mines scheduled for the 26th! We are all here for eachother and will be during and after the surgeries. 💖 good luck and a quick safe surgery and recovery.

5 hours ago, Theweightisover2024🙌💪 said:

Your going to do great!!! We are all rooting for you!! Mines scheduled for the 26th! We are all here for eachother and will be during and after the surgeries. 💖 good luck and a quick safe surgery and recovery.

See you on the other side!! I just got a call from the nurse and she said see you tomorrow! I asked if I need to do anything before .. she said nope.. just show up! Haha reading everyone's pre op preparation and then seeing mine makes me laugh! P.s. I am from the middle east so things are definitely different here!

I cannot wait to just get it done and start feeling better 😌 I hope this surgery helps you a ton! I bet everything is rlly different there, they are going to take rlly good care of you and you will be back on ur feet In no time!

Currently in the hospital bed! Just met my surgeon and gave me some info and told me see you tomorrow!

Starting weight: 109.5 kg

Let's do this!

On 8/11/2024 at 2:57 PM, Justarwaxx said:

My worry is like 1-2 year post op and the regain stories. Like is it 100% because of poor food choices? And for them to regain, it must have been ALOOOOT of poor choices for many many days. Because surely u won't regain from one bad day of eating.. these are the thoughts that keeps up... THE FUTURE Hehe

it's very common to have a 10-20 lb regain in year 3. It's not inevitable, but it's very common. And no, one day of bad eating when you're in maintenance is not going to affect your weight - I'm sure most of us long-timers have those days once in awhile. But if you go back to your old eating habits, you WILL gain a bunch of weight back (and maybe close to all of it). The trick is to be able to recover quickly from a bad day and get back to your regular plan ASAP (like...the next day). This is a lifetime battle (made easier by WLS, but still...a battle).

On 8/11/2024 at 5:31 AM, Justarwaxx said:

This is the sweetest msg ever.. I really appreciate and I have to always remind myself to be kind to me. I just finished from my app and I have passed! Admission on 13th of Aug and surgery on 14th ... let's go NEW ME!

Best of wishes to you on your surgery tomorrow! I'll be heading into mine on the 16th.

I can tell you that your life will get better as a result of being lighter, but you will need to mentally adjust to the other changes that will occur. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you all for your input and advices x

I'm officially post op.. yesterday was a day to remember. Got in at 930 am and came back to my room around 4 pm! Not sure what happened during it. I was drowsy and in pain and sore but managed to walk around. I've been drinking sips of Water only. I'll.be discharged today and just waiting for the dietician to come with instructions.

I can't believe it's done! I have been bypassed y'll