Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

19 minutes ago, Ash206 said:

I’m approaching 6 weeks post op and the restriction is tough. Could barely drink 2oz of anything. Have to wait 3-4 minutes between sips or bites. Weak tired all the time and hungry but no room for food!!

Girl lol I am right with you 4 months post op. I grieve not being able to guzzle down Water or any beverage for that matter. I grieve everything right now. Thankful for the multiple bariatric groups that I am in. I wouldn't make it 😂

Is that restriction normal or does it depend on size of the sleeve? My doctor is going with a 40. I start my liver shrinking diet tomorrow. I loss almost 12 lbs last time.

1 hour ago, Edward said:

Is that restriction normal or does it depend on size of the sleeve? My doctor is going with a 40. I start my liver shrinking diet tomorrow. I loss almost 12 lbs last time.

I’m unsure if it’s normal been questioning it myself. However I had 90% of my stomach removed. Regretting that amount but my surgeon was persistent.

Talked with surgeon Monday 8/26. Asked all kinds of questions about restriction and hunger. He assures me I won't be hungry and he uses a 40 bougie so not like some with 30-36.

I just hoping I can get thru the 1st week post op.

On 8/21/2024 at 3:13 PM, Ash206 said:

I’m approaching 6 weeks post op and the restriction is tough. Could barely drink 2oz of anything. Have to wait 3-4 minutes between sips or bites. Weak tired all the time and hungry but no room for food!!

I feel the same way

1 hour ago, Mommac777 said:

I’m new to the group! Hi all! My surgery is tomorrow! Im super nervous!!

Congrats you will enjoy the "lighter" side!

On 8/22/2024 at 12:36 AM, Ash206 said:

I’m unsure if it’s normal been questioning it myself. However I had 90% of my stomach removed. Regretting that amount but my surgeon was persistent.

I didn't know there were different sizes and no idea what % of mine is gone.

After a year I can still feel the restriction, unable to eat too much and rarely hungry though I can take larger sips now. Have gulped a few times totally forgetting there isn't space 😂 Eating now is more of a habit than needing to, had to force myself today to eat some lunch as just wasn't hungry at all but managed 50g cauliflower and 30g hummus.

Example of what I can manage;

Breakfast is a 125g or 150g yoghurt 99% of the time or sometimes a couple of small Protein or banana pancakes as a treat.

Lunch is usually homemade Soup (150ml) or homemade dinner leftovers or half a shop bought salad (with falafal or chicken)

My dinners are again 99% of the time homemade and would still be about 150ml in liquid dishes such as soup/dhals or 4 to 5oz for a bean stew/chicken dish. A while after dinner I will then have something for dessert such as two squares of 85% dark chocolate or a yogurt or a handful of nuts.

In between if I can, I try to have a snack mid morning and mid afternoon. like some cottage cheese banana bread, nuts, Protein Bar etc.

Eating out can be super annoying now when I see lots of things on a menu I would like and then realise that in all reality all I can manage is a starter but it does mean my food and dining out bills have dropped so much and if I don't finish it I usually ask to bring it home and it does another meal or three.

When I go on holidays in a couple of weeks I have booked dinners out at three Michelin restaurants that have a menu you can chose from so it means for me just one course in each and it will be a bargain compared to having to usually order the 6 or 10 courses.

Sleeve done Sept 5th, sipping everything no problem. Feel no restriction thus far on clears. Monday I start full liquids.

I do feel a slight fullness with 3 oz of Water lower down I guess in my new pouch.

5 hours ago, Edward said:

Sleeve done Sept 5th, sipping everything no problem. Feel no restriction thus far on clears. Monday I start full liquids.

I do feel a slight fullness with 3 oz of Water lower down I guess in my new pouch.

Drinking is always hell...I mourn guzzling liquids

Start full liquids today. I read one person say restrictions don't really show up until your on regular food again.