Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Report Your WINS ..What is your today's win??🥇

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Mspretty86 said:

Reporting todays WIN 8/14/24...went to macys and the size 16 jeans are fitting well some are kind of big! It's been a LONG A$$ time since I've seen a size 16 from being in the size 20 somethings lol. I said today I would go to the mall and shop to see my actual size. I still do not want to buy a lot of cloths only month 4 and dropping fast!!

Now that you know your size consider checking out some thrift stores. For this size and maybe even the next size down. Usually the church ones have the best prices on clothes. Places like Goodwill don’t price each item separately so sometimes you score but a lot of times it’s not even really a deal. They have like a set price for all jeans whether they are top of the line with the tags or if they are worn looking Walmart brand. The problem is that there are people who shop these places for their business and grab all the descent stuff and Resell it online so you really have to get lucky and find stuff that just got out on the rack before they get to go through it. The church stores tend to price each item as they see fit so you may pay a little more for a nicer quality but at least you can actually find it there. Maybe you will get lucky and your local store doesn’t have anyone like that but near me I never have luck there. If you have a reasonable consignment store near you it may be even better. You can bring things back and get credit as they become too big to use towards your smaller items.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Today’s win for me was getting a little higher on my spirometer. I am exactly a week post op and still not to where my doctor would like me to be but I am doing a little better today. Still working at it.

13 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Now that you know your size consider checking out some thrift stores. For this size and maybe even the next size down. Usually the church ones have the best prices on clothes. Places like Goodwill don’t price each item separately so sometimes you score but a lot of times it’s not even really a deal. They have like a set price for all jeans whether they are top of the line with the tags or if they are worn looking Walmart brand. The problem is that there are people who shop these places for their business and grab all the descent stuff and Resell it online so you really have to get lucky and find stuff that just got out on the rack before they get to go through it. The church stores tend to price each item as they see fit so you may pay a little more for a nicer quality but at least you can actually find it there. Maybe you will get lucky and your local store doesn’t have anyone like that but near me I never have luck there. If you have a reasonable consignment store near you it may be even better. You can bring things back and get credit as they become too big to use towards your smaller items.

Thanks for this info! So many thrifts in this city. That will be my project in the next few weeks!

On 08/14/2024 at 18:48, ShoppGirl said:

Today’s win for me was getting a little higher on my spirometer. I am exactly a week post op and still not to where my doctor would like me to be but I am doing a little better today. Still working at it.

As an asthmatic I so feel for you. I have a difficult time after any incident with anesthesia. It sounds like you’ve turned a corner for the better and I’ll keep cheering you on. Congratulations on your new success!

9 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Any bit higher is a win.

Took me ages to get to where my doctor and physio wanted me to be but every little puff helps.

10 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

Reporting todays WIN 8/14/24...went to macys and the size 16 jeans are fitting well some are kind of big! It's been a LONG A$$ time since I've seen a size 16 from being in the size 20 somethings lol. I said today I would go to the mall and shop to see my actual size. I still do not want to buy a lot of cloths only month 4 and dropping fast!!

I have been through so many pairs of jeans in the last few months if someone looked in my wardrobe they would think I was a jeans shop!

For clothes what I have been doing is mainly buying second hand (vestiaire collective and ebay) or new but in sales for tops and trousers (Next, M&S, About You and Amazon) but then buying jeans new from some of the cheaper shops (Only, JJXX). The most recent pair of jeans are too big now, look a silly type of baggy so not great for wearing to office but I don't think I am at the next size down yet.

I will be in the US next month for a holiday so I am hoping to hit up a lot of stores there and buy a new wardrobe 😁

Posted (edited)

In terms of clothing you guys also consider waist tightener pins and them sweater clips for dresses and tops. They are fairly reasonable and can be used throughout all the sizes to make them last a bit longer.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, FifiLux said:

I will be in the US next month for a holiday so I am hoping to hit up a lot of stores there and buy a new wardrobe 😁

I'm going back home to the US in November. (I'll be 6 weeks post-op then) I fully plan to take an empty suitcase and hit Walmart and the thrift stores. And also stock up on Tylenol since you can get bottles of 100 over there and only packs of 16 and only 2 at a time here without a prescription. Always handy to have around.

Edited by NeonRaven8919

Posted (edited)

Have Fun shopping Ladies! To shop and actually wear what you want is a HUGE and a Major WIN!! 🥇🏆 🏅 🎉

Edited by Mspretty86

On 8/10/2024 at 3:18 AM, Mspretty86 said:

A new win for the week went to my 4 month post opp appointment down over 50 pounds! Started in the 300's now 220 it's like I lost a whole person. Goal weight 150-160! Let's go 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽. Just last year my thighs were busting through these holes! Now I can't even fit 😂

IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

you look awesome!!! and so cute!!

19 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

I understand wanting to see what actual size you are! I've been holding off for several reasons:

1. I really hate trying on clothes whether I'm fat or not ..I've never enjoyed clothes shopping.

2. I just purchase online sometimes medium (more often) sometimes large. I'm not sure what that converts to in numbered sizes and

3. Like you, I don't want to spend a lot on clothes only to have to get more later!

So yeah, I understand..but I can tell by your excitement it might be worth it to give it a try! Congratulations, you're doing so amazingly well! You've got this!!

Went to my follow up with my family NP and with the nurses guidance I did my B-12 shot!! I was so nervous that my hand was shaking and it took a while to get it all injected but I did it. This was a huge deal for me because I can’t even look when someone else gives me a shot.

Posted (edited)

On 8/5/2024 at 4:22 PM, brandycsiz said:

My win for today is remembering to bring all my Vitamins with me to work today. This is my weekly struggle...

Do you work in an office or have a locker?. It’s good habit to bring them with you do you will do it when you don’t have to work too but it couldn’t hurt to bring a few to work and keep there for times that you do forget. Or keep a few in your purse maybe.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I love to hear everyone's Wins as each week or day passes there is a New Win.

Walking around the lake with my dog yesterday, I noticed that my feet kept sliding around in my sneakers. I had to stop and tighten them as far as they go -- and now they're serviceable, but I can still feel areas where they certainly don't fit right anymore.